Video: "Farang's" motorcycle accident and rant causes much comment online

webfact

10 hours ago, webfact said:

Video: "Farang's" motorcycle accident and rant causes much comment online

2pm.jpg

video screenshot

Footage that appeared on Facebook showed what happened to a foreign motorcyclist out for a ride along Route 3309 in Muang district of Pathum Thani north of Bangkok.

As the motorcyclist - who has a helmet cam recording the incident - nears an intersection another motorcyclist pulls out and the foreigner comes off his machine. 

In Thai the foreigner then angrily has a go at the other rider who shortly after continues the wrong way down the road. 

A taxi driver had also come over to join the discussion. 

Thai Rath put together a video composition in which they said that comment online was considerable. 

Most posted that the foreigner was in the right, was knocked down and received little help. It was right that the other rider took some verbal abuse.

Some said he was lucky it was not a car that could have killed him or caused him to be handicapped.

While others blamed the taxi driver - who they said did not see the incident - for siding with the rider who came out of the road rather than the foreigner. 

The incident happened at the entrance to the road leading to Wat Samlae, said Thai Rath.

The angry tirade from the foreigner included such things as "He's in the wrong", "I have a camera", "I'll show you" and "what's wrong with you". It contained several expletives picked up on in the Thai Rath report. 

Source: Facebook Thai Rath

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-12-10

No blood no one hurt shut up and just leave you will not win

Thai driving is what gets to me. I learned a valuable lesson a couple of weeks ago, like this: at the recent Elephant Roundup Fair, my daughter and her cousin, both five years old, went on a ride. The ride was to self drive mini motorbikes around a small track.

The way these girls rode their bikes was of exactly the same standard as the lunatic in this video.

I now have a number for the average mental age of a Thai motorbike rider: five!

Since that Roundup, I have saved the lives of something like five motorcyclists as i have avoided crashing into them in spite of their best death wish efforts. You know i am not joking or exaggerating.

9 hours ago, BKKBike09 said:

This is a comedy classic. When this dude home-built his non-road legal battery-power Sonic or whatever it is, did he forget to add brakes?

Has he no self-respect? Posting a video showing how to fall off a moped while traveling at 20 kmh on a dry road straight towards a basically stationary object?

Plus anyone riding in flip flops deserves some road rash. 

Guess he was real braking too much in a reflex, which caused him to fall. If you dont have ABS it will block your wheel by squeezing too hard.

I had such like situations in Thailand but then with car, that differs a lot, you cant fall.

Fact is Thai people are awful in traffic, not a wonder almost 40 people die in traffic in Thailand everyday

10 hours ago, worgeordie said:

It's never their fault ,you have to have eyes in the back of your

head ,coming straight at you on your side of the road,the Thai

is definitely in the wrong....but would never admit it.????

regards Worgeordie

I LOVE Thais, BUT they are the worst riders/drivers on the planet!!!!!!!! Massive ego's, especially the rich who think they are entitled to do whatever they want. They have ZERO riding talent, and someone said the white guy didn't slow down at the intersection? HA, show me a Thai who slows down??? They genetically have less side vision than caucasian folks which explains why they take 5 minutes to go around a corner in a lane, when they have 3 feet clearance on either side & a 100 cars backed up behind them. I see hair raising acts of riding stupidity every day in Bangkok, 95% by Thais, the other 5 % are white people usually disrespectful of the Thai belligerence. Everyone needs to take a deep breath and BEHAVE!  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PBXVS1100 said:

I watched a few times seems like he came off the bike very easy. As well as a decent distance away from the “offending” Thai dudes bike. I think he just came off due to his poor judgement. People drive/ride on the road like this man all the time. You kinda need to be ready for it and expect it as well. Ride to the conditions my man. 

no, he came off because some oblivious dude didnt have a first hand clue about anything in his surroundings and cut him off

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

What is a Farang? A non-Thai? If so what nationality? Or how about a little help with Continent or Hemisphere? 

I refuse to support the "Us and Them" dogmatism whenever I hear ithis bias or read this word. 

Let's stop name calling,/labeling  and at least give relevance to where this person may be from on the planet.

For all any of us know (or whom ever reported this caption) this man has been a resident or is citizen of Thailand.  

Panic be it active or passive does not care about race, or one man being a foreigner or one man being a local indiginent.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, TSF said:

Sounds like he's new, hasn't been here very long, hasn't yet learned that he's a foreigner, it's not his country, he's just a guest here and has no rights whatsoever, and he must never get angry, or lose his temper and raise his voice to his gracious Thai hosts as it's their country and they can do just what they please and it's none of his business.

I don't know what you smoke but must be some good stuff.

11 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

And then, the Thai rider, just rode off into the sunset afterwards completing the Hit & Run aspect of fleeing the scene afterwards instead of staying.  Of course he had lost FACE and could care less of the foreigner it appears.

I think you mean "couldn't care less". 

11 hours ago, worgeordie said:

It's never their fault ,you have to have eyes in the back of your

head ,coming straight at you on your side of the road,the Thai

is definitely in the wrong....but would never admit it.????

regards Worgeordie

If you cause a Thai to "lose face" you are wrong.  Period.

22 minutes ago, Bradmeister said:

What is a Farang? A non-Thai? If so what nationality? Or how about a little help with Continent or Hemisphere? 

I refuse to support the "Us and Them" dogmatism whenever I hear ithis bias or read this word. 

Let's stop name calling,/labeling  and at least give relevance to where this person may be from on the planet.

For all any of us know (or whom ever reported this caption) this man has been a resident or is citizen of Thailand.  

Panic be it active or passive does not care about race, or one man being a foreigner or one man being a local indiginent.

A farang is a white person. Can you imagine in the UK or the US posting a video of a black or yellow man causing a problem, insinuating they are not British or Yank? 

Sadly, most farang can't speak the language or can't be bothered to integrate, setting a precedent that we are all illiterate  tourists. Probably half the people here wouldn't  cause a fuss in this situation as they can only say "sabai dee mai" and "sanook". Some, including me, have lived here a long time, have got Thai nationality and speak the language fluently. 

Edited by Neeranam
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, transam said:
9 hours ago, polpott said:

I adapt to the country I live in and its people. Something that you clearly can't.

Riiiiiiiight.......I suppose a crash hat is a no-no for you too.......????

burrrrn

the roof the roof the roof is on fire.

• Confused 2

The farang is at fault. He could have easily avoided falling if he had even basic moto skills. The thai was riding normal thai style. If the farang can not accept this type of road culture and risks when riding, he should not be participating.  Im always on red alert and everything seen or unseen is out to destroy me. No different attitude or mind set then when I am riding in the states.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JJNThailand said:

The farang is at fault. He could have easily avoided falling if he had even basic moto skills. The thai was riding normal thai style. If the farang can not accept this type of road culture and risks when riding, he should not be participating.  Im always on red alert and everything seen or unseen is out to destroy me. No different attitude or mind set then when I am riding in the states.

They allow people with the driving age of a five year old to drive vehicles and bikes here. The foreigner was doing what many of us do more often than we should: we take evasive action to save their lives. 

This chap should be thanked by that clown.

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

I caused an absolutely beautiful young woman's motorcycle to fall over in traffic just outside Chiang Mai University.  I immediately turned my bike around and helped her up, and assisted her get all the road dirt off her immaculate white clothing, and begged her forgiveness.  Fortunately she wasn't hurt, and her bike was okay.

And then we started going out.  Burmese coeds are God's gift to humanity.

• Haha 1

Farang boi needs to spend a week/month in Vietnam.

Nowt will bother him when he head's back to LOS.

This kind of thing happens literally 50 times during my 1.5km commute to work. They do it, I do it (when in Rome..)

It's pretty damn wild here..

55 minutes ago, JJNThailand said:

no he isnt, the thai guy cut him off and the e-biker had the right of way.

if you cant grasp the idea of right of way, then you got no business on public roads

Edited by scammed
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, TSF said:

Sounds like he's new, hasn't been here very long, hasn't yet learned that he's a foreigner, it's not his country, he's just a guest here and has no rights whatsoever, and he must never get angry, or lose his temper and raise his voice to his gracious Thai hosts as it's their country and they can do just what they please and it's none of his business.

BS!

Can anybody understand the foreigner's broken Thai without looking at the subtitles? It seems that he has been in Thailand for quite a while.

In Thailand, it is 'normal' to drive on the wrong side of the road, you just have to watch out for it. I have seen and horn them doing this stunt many times but to no avail.

Sadly, most westerners who come to Thailand still don't know that the culture in Thailand is different from the west.

A zebra crossing doesn't mean vehicles will stop for you etc.

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, samsensam said:

nd b) the thai guy was doing something we in the west would consider dangerous and stupid but is quite normal in thailand.

Experience is the best teacher. When he meets with a serious accident, then he will know he is wrong but until then....