UK tells EU: back down by Sunday night or we'll walk

snoop1130

7 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

The oven ready deal referred to the WA, not the FTA.

The WA was finalized a year ago.

Nice try though.

Tory claims that Boris Johnson's "oven-ready deal" only referred to the Withdrawal Agreement have been disproven by the re-emergence of a video from the last general election.

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/brexit-news/westminster-news/boris-johnson-oven-ready-brexit-deal-6631776

• Like 2

On 12/11/2020 at 4:04 PM, Kwasaki said:

I wouldn't bother with this thread it like a remainers loser thread with comments that will be known until UK is really out. 

You're forgetting - they've all got crystal balls... ????

19 minutes ago, vogie said:

The EU still want to control us, the have said that if they change a rule and the UK doesn't comply that they want the power to punish us. Does that sound like regaining our sovereignty?

EU market = fair competition and no cheating 

The EU is sovereign there: this our market our rules. Take it or leave it

Can't you understand that? That was already clear 4 years ago and before that 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hi from France said:

EU market = fair competition and no cheating 

The EU is sovereign there: this our market our rules. Take it or leave it

Can't you understand that? That was already clear 4 years ago and before that 

Looks like we'll be leaving it, like we'll be leaving the German cars to rust and the French wine and cheese to go rancid. Bon appetit.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

The oven ready deal referred to the WA, not the FTA.

The WA was finalized a year ago.

Nice try though.

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/brexit-news/westminster-news/boris-johnson-oven-ready-brexit-deal-6631776?jwsource=cl

So who the hell is this imposter?

Edited by Surelynot
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hi from France said:

I must say we see few new claims here and I love that one ???? 

1. have you got any sources?
  2. if the WA was indeed the oven-ready deal that was promised :
    1. if it was "oven-ready" why did it take so long, why was it delayed again and again in the course of several years?
    2. Why did Boris Johnson renege on it?

Brexit withdrawal agreement => https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brexit_withdrawal_agreement

image.png.fce73c6899f025894f917befb8ec2079.png

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/brexit-news/westminster-news/boris-johnson-oven-ready-brexit-deal-6631776?jwsource=cl

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

I agree it should, but as I wrote somewhere here before, it won’t happen. These talks will continue forever. 

Typical EU repetition. You can keep repeating it, right up to the end of this month. Then the Transition Period ends and new rules apply. 

The EU can continue talking forever. If of course the club lasts that long. 

33 minutes ago, vogie said:

Looks like we'll be leaving it, like we'll be leaving the German cars to rust and the French wine and cheese to go rancid. Bon appetit.

Vogie, You fancy turning your hand to be a bit of sheep farming? There's quite a few Welsh farmers looking to off-load thousands of lambs.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Typical EU repetition. You can keep repeating it, right up to the end of this month. Then the Transition Period ends and new rules apply. 

The EU can continue talking forever. If of course the club lasts that long. 

You don’t really believe that these talks will be over anytime soon. Even in case of a no deal, and no extension of the transition period (or however they would call it to sugarcoat it), they will continue to negotiate. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Too frightened to leave their beloved EU for the big boys world. None of them have a ball between them. 

Or alternatively, too sensible to trust things to fools - without a brain between them - leading us into the abyss. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

You don’t really believe that these talks will be over anytime soon. Even in case of a no deal, and no extension of the transition period (or however they would call it to sugarcoat it), they will continue to negotiate. 

It’s No Deal and no extension which is most important.

47 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Craven cowardice of the Remainers. Cowering with their EU comrades. 

Mindless stupidity of the Leavers. 

Trying to relive the Imperialist dream.

I wonder who will run out of insults first?

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, david555 said:

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1372243/Boris-Johnson-resign-prime-minister-Brexit-no-deal-EU-Sir-Roger-Gayle-twitter

Tory civil war: Boris Johnson told to RESIGN if he fails to reach trade agreement with EU
A TORY MP has demanded Boris Johnson resign as Prime Minister if he fails to reach a Brexit trade deal with the EU before the end of the year.

By DAN FALVEY, POLITICAL CORRESPONDENT
PUBLISHED: 10:08, Mon, Dec 14, 2020 | UPDATED: 10:08, Mon, Dec 14, 2020

Sir Roger Gale, North Thanet MP, has broken ranks with his Party to call on Mr Johnson to stand down if he cannot deliver on a deal.

The veteran MP wrote on Twitter: "If Mr Johnson fails to reach an acceptable trade agreement with the EU the Prime Minister will also have failed the people of the United Kingdom.

"As a lifelong member of the Conservative Party, I believe that Mr Johnson's position as Prime Minister would be untenable.

Well said, sir.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

The veteran MP continued: "What's more, the devious little so and so never even considered appointing me as even a junior minister..."

always nice to see the Tory  catfight never ended ....whatever Cameron started  to end it ????

7 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

The veteran MP continued: "What's more, the devious little so and so never even considered appointing me as even a junior minister..."

i missed that part .....any link to it ?.... i am curious to read more .....????

Edited by david555
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, bannork said:

No, no, no, get it right vogie for God's sake. 52% of those who voted, voted leave, that was only 37% of the actual electorate.

And of course they were promised how easy it would be, no chance of a no deal.

Only upsides, not the horror show it's turning out to be.

We only had two choices, Cameron stated we would leave the SM if no deal. Your interpretation of it matters not one jot, in a democracy we rely on the losers consent, still waiting, two choices.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, vogie said:

We only had two choices, Cameron stated we would leave the SM if no deal. Your interpretation of it matters not one jot, in a democracy we rely on the losers consent, still waiting, two choices.

But the electorate were told a deal would be easy.

3 hours ago, JonnyF said:

But that IS the case. Our standards are higher in many areas so let the EU follow us if alignment is so important to them.

However, we already told you the real reason. The EU wants continued control over the UK whereas the UK wants control over it's own laws. That is the crux of the issue. Not who has the highest standards. That's a red herring.

Its not the truth at all, if you exceed EU norms there is no problem. What your saying makes no sense what so ever. Where did you study. If you have higher standards you comply with lower ones automatically. The EU has never forced anyone to have LOWER standards. 

It makes no sense at all. So in short its not a red herring its the fact you just don't have the standards or you don't want to increase them when laws change. I really wish Brexiteers would be brighter. 

You can never be punished for being better then a standard. Do you really think if a lower output of pollution makes a problem ? Damm you guys really live in an alternate reality. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vogie said:

The EU still want to control us, the have said that if they change a rule and the UK doesn't comply that they want the power to punish us. Does that sound like regaining our sovereignty?

That sounds a lot like you want to keep your standards lower as the EU. Of course its a loss of sovereignty but that is what you get if you want to enter the market. Its what others agree to too like Canada too. So its nothing special.

Anyway so when it comes down to it its just that you guys worry you can't compete on fair grounds. Thanks now i get it. Then go WTO with trade barriers and tariffs. Its that simple agree or stay out. 

I see your PM is a man of its word. Like he just showed.. i leave if no agreement is reached... sounds a bit like what he said before about easiest deal. 

• Haha 1