Amazing Thailand, once more...

swissie

My government has decided to dance around a golden calf, singing the tune of "the economy must be kept humming, at all cost". The "cost" is a record rate of daily new infections. The death-toll is accepted as some kind of "collateral-damage". (The dead can't vote anymore).

Not so in Thailand. The "undemocratic" Thai Government seems to value their peoples health higher than my Government. The "undemocratic" Thai Government taking into account that an entire part of the economy is on the verge of imploding.

Thai rak Thai. There must be something to it, regardless of who is in power.  Amazing Thailand.

I wish the Thais would strap the "Thai rak Thai" message to the leg of some trans celestial bird and send it my way. I would then hand this message over to my Government.

• Haha 1

These types of posts almost always tend to turn up at a certain time of night, most certainly influenced by alcohol.

I know, because I'm there too. ???? Have another, and try to forget about whatever led you down the path toward negativity. Put on some Christmas music as I have. Cheers, mate. ????

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

These types of posts almost always tend to turn up at a certain time of night, most certainly influenced by alcohol.

I know, because I'm there too. ???? Have another, and try to forget about whatever led you down the path toward negativity. Put on some Christmas music as I have. Cheers, mate. ????

Rather influenced by reality. Christmas song? Great idea! But I am torn between "Rudolf the red nosed rain deer" and Ac/DC's "Highway to hell". Decisions, decisions.....

11 minutes ago, swissie said:

Can't answer without getting "political". CharlieH will not allow.

But if CharlyH has been long enough in Thailand and knows something about "Thai rak Thai", I would want him to run my country.

There is no such thing as "Thai rak Thai" here. 

There is only, "Money Number One."  

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

Why is it that since reading the OP  I can't get that zither music out of my head, and keep remembering that line from "Harry Lime" in the film "The Third Man" about Switzerland, peace, democracy and cuckoo clocks!

"The third man" played in Austria not Switzerland. Sorry. The cuckoo clock was invented in southern Germany. The Swiss focused in precision clocks from the very beginning. As the Germans couldn't compete as far as precision clocks are concerned, they invented a clock with a cuckoo that made funny noises while appearing.

I can state those facts without hesitation as there are few german nationals that participate in this forum, accusing me of spreading 150 year old "fake-news".

Much more: The Chinese drank Tea long before the British. :smile:

11 hours ago, swissie said:

"The third man" played in Austria not Switzerland. Sorry. The cuckoo clock was invented in southern Germany. The Swiss focused in precision clocks from the very beginning. As the Germans couldn't compete as far as precision clocks are concerned, they invented a clock with a cuckoo that made funny noises while appearing.

I can state those facts without hesitation as there are few german nationals that participate in this forum, accusing me of spreading 150 year old "fake-news".

The point?

On 12/12/2020 at 12:06 AM, swissie said:

Rather influenced by reality. Christmas song? Great idea! But I am torn between "Rudolf the red nosed rain deer" and Ac/DC's "Highway to hell". Decisions, decisions.....

Nobody in their right minds takes reindeer on the highway.  Not in Thailand.

In Malaysia, livestock, agricultural machinery, construction machinery and bicycles are banned on some highways.

On 12/12/2020 at 12:41 AM, swissie said:

Meaning "... in front of the British, rather than kow-towing"? or at breakfast, while the Germans were getting to the sun-loungers before the British?

SC