Retirement visa will expire before I can return to thailand

I've read if you're on a retirement visa, even if current, as mine is till October and would normally, as there is no normal, in July would renew. However I'm busting to leave, as in from Thailand, but read that with health requirements, as in a reentry, I have paid for, you need to get a AO visa if on O visa, as I am, restarting process anyway. Keep researching or wait for more posts. 

• Confused 4

If your following the media and posts here, Thailand is open for all. Extended stays, even without retirement visa, though that usually happens after arrival, you could restart that. There's online C o E, infection test prior to departure, obviously the health insurance, and probably from Thai insurer, seems best option for the process, even trying to reduce isol time, however, everything is struggling here. Watch youtube videos of popular spots for an idea. The weather the most appealing! 

a friend has been locked out all year, and has a nice gf  that would be quite difficult to replace in the DC area.  He broke a tooth on a pistachio nut a few months ago...starting to hurt him.  He was just quoted 2600 USD for a for a root canal..I think that has pushed him over the edge, and he will go to Kalorama, instead of the dental extortion.

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

Your not alone mine expired in September but I'm not prepared to yield to ludicrous entry requirements or filling the pockets of generals masquerading as politicians I will continue to tough it out in the UK spending my money there along with the hundreds of thousands of baht I would have spent in Thailand over the last 10 months ????

Noses vs faces spring to mind!  Enjoy the winter back in blighty.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, PGSan said:

Noses vs faces spring to mind!  Enjoy the winter back in blighty.

I'm free to come if I choose to when I choose to that will be without me paying extortionate entry fees instead of a 500 quid flight.

Anyone who has already done the ASQ palava are trapped there along with those wishing to exit and return for any reason for fear of another ASQ return .

Asda has an offer 6 bottles of wine £4.50 and above 25% off my winter ain't so bad along with my free covid jab Nhs and Universal credit, Nhs stamp, things could be worse???? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

What a strong stance and conviction.  Good for you.

So, we can assume you will never come back because they ain't goin nowhere.

It's more likely than me being incarcerated for 15 nights thats for sure????

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Haveasay said:

I've read if you're on a retirement visa, even if current, as mine is till October and would normally, as there is no normal, in July would renew. However I'm busting to leave, as in from Thailand, but read that with health requirements, as in a reentry, I have paid for, you need to get a AO visa if on O visa, as I am, restarting process anyway. Keep researching or wait for more posts. 

That’s a very confusing post ...

• Like 2

On 12/11/2020 at 8:19 PM, scottdavio said:

I am currently in the Uk and unless things change I won’t be able to return to Thailand before my retirement visa expires   
could anybody tell me what my options are

cheers for any info

Mine expired in July. I wait until I get the vaccine and then come back, when it is possible without ASQ. When in Thailand I will extend my Non O visa based on 800 k in the bank. From my friend's experience, if you had the O for few last years, you don't have to start everything from beginning. They have all your certificates in their files.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, fakser said:

Mine expired in July. I wait until I get the vaccine and then come back, when it is possible without ASQ. When in Thailand I will extend my Non O visa based on 800 k in the bank. From my friend's experience, if you had the O for few last years, you don't have to start everything from beginning. They have all your certificates in their files.

I had a problem with my visa a few years ago.  I thought I had a multi entry permit, but it was just a single entry.  I asked the officer at the airport if I was OK, and he said YES!  Obviously, NO!

I had to redo everything.  They have nothing in their files.  As you may know, all papers are recycled and my times, on the back of some form, will be a copy of somebodys application or passport!

You'll have to start from the beginning.  Or, find an agent and for 15k or so, you're done.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, fakser said:

I have the same situation. My Retirement Visa also expired in July - and I have been stuck in OZ since then, however - at least here it's summer - and since the internal borders are now open again, I can travel to visit places here, that I have not seen before? I hope to get a vaccination sometimes in the new year and also hope that by then, the Quarantine requirements would have been relaxed?.... but I do miss the somewhat easier life I had experienced in Los......

• Like 1

On 12/12/2020 at 1:31 AM, Salerno said:

You'll have to start again when restrictions ease and you are able to return. What's stopping you now, the cost?

Is there any need to be so sarcastic when the poster is only looking for some help?

2 minutes ago, Salerno said:

Where is the sarcasm?

I correctly answered his question and asked a genuine question. Some people are not travelling back due to the cost, some on "principle" some due to reasons outside their control and some due to not being up to date on the actual requirements.

I just think you are being rude to the poster when he is only looking for some help.

• Confused 1

59 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Is there any need to be so sarcastic when the poster is only looking for some help?

I agree with Salerno, simplest answer is to return to Thailand.  Why is that sarcastic?  45,000 baht is a bit high for an ASQ, but may be preferable to waiting out a winter in the UK

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, fakser said:

If your visa expires, or ur on a retirement extension and re entry which has also expired, you need start ALL over again with a single  non o visa,  even if you had extensions for decades..

I think many outside Thailand when their extension expired, ( good friend of mines expired while he was in Canada)
do NOT want spend 15 nights in a ASQ hotel at 40,000++baht, when they have their own homes ..

Few didn't want to risk being stuck here in thailand after they returned and dealing with waiting to get the vaccine here vs their own country.
We as farangs are way down the list of those to be vaccinated i think and 99% will need hope we can find somewhere and pay for it asap

as to Salerno post, i see zero sarcasm....

Edited by zzzzz
  • Like 1

I am in the same situation: I left Thailand at 1 August 2020, and my "Retirement Extension of stay" expired at 14 November 2020. Now I am in Germany, I am a german citizen.

History:

I got some years ago a Non-Immigrant-O-Visa with Single Entry (90 days stay) from the local  consulate (Honorarkonsulat Essen, Germany) which costs 70 Euro. I am 50+ years old, not retired, but my financial situation was solid enough (In the consulate they just asked for some print-outs of my Bank Accounts)

2 month after my entry in Thailand I went to the local Immigration and applied for the 1 year extension, and fullfiled the financial requirements with my 800.000 Baht Bank Account. After that I extend my Visa always 1 year.

In my humble opinion the Visa process in Germany and Thailand was simple, clear and cheap, and it was handeled by the Officials friendly and smooth.

My 2 questions:

1. Is it possible now, in this special time, possible to get a "Non-Immigrant-O Visa,  Single entry", from all Thai-consulates, to start the additional process to entry Thailand by plane (Fit-To-Fly, Quarantane etc) and than get a extension of stay for 1 year?

2. What could actually be the most easy and simple Alternative to "Non-Immigrant-O Visa + extension of stay"? I still own my 800.000 Baht Bank Account in Thailand? 

1 hour ago, Luckyman999 said:

1. Is it possible now, in this special time, possible to get a "Non-Immigrant-O Visa,  Single entry", from all Thai-consulates, to start the additional process to entry Thailand by plane (Fit-To-Fly, Quarantane etc) and than get a extension of stay for 1 year?

At this time it appears that you will need the 40/400k health insurance (same insurance as the OA visa requires).

See: http://german.thaiembassy.de/visaarten-und-erforderliche-unterlagen

1 hour ago, Luckyman999 said:

2. What could actually be the most easy and simple Alternative to "Non-Immigrant-O Visa + extension of stay"? I still own my 800.000 Baht Bank Account in Thailand? 

You could get a single entry tourist visa and then change it to a 90 day non-o visa at immigration.

One of the requirements to do the application is proof the 800k baht came from abroad. If it has been the bank for a long time the should waive that requirement.

See: https://bangkokimmigration.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/08-edit_NON-O.pdf

On 12/12/2020 at 2:49 AM, sammieuk1 said:

Your not alone mine expired in September but I'm not prepared to yield to ludicrous entry requirements or filling the pockets of generals masquerading as politicians I will continue to tough it out in the UK spending my money there along with the hundreds of thousands of baht I would have spent in Thailand over the last 10 months ????

Duly noted.