Trump, Pence, other top officials to be offered COVID-19 vaccine - source

webfact

8 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

You may well be correct but have you heard of anyone else who needed hospitalisation, spending just 2 days in hospital? Maybe he was infected but didn't really need hospital treatment - that could have been for effect?

I remember at the time his doctors refused to comment on the date of his first positive test - anyone know if that information was ever revealed?

As much as I think this information may be of public curiousity, I feel that unless the POTUS or any other individual gives explicit consnet, thier medical records should remain confidential,  just because a person is a figure of publc noteriety, does not mean the health records are open slather.

12 hours ago, Credo said:

I am not in favor of priority being given to senior gov't officials.   If they fall in one of the risk groups due to age or pre-existing conditions, then they should be given when those groups receive it.   They have the advantage of not having to meet with people in person.  The cashier at the local grocery store has no choice but meet people face-to-face and can't make them put a mask on.   

Most gov't officials are not essential.  Many have proven they aren't even necessary.

Something tells me that The President and Vice President Of The United States is going to be considered essential...if nothing more than from a National Security standard.

Edited by Tie Dye Samurai

Updated report:

https://apnews.com/article/donald-trump-coronavirus-vaccine-f5a759c9d597d0e458c5fc9d2a96ee6f

Trump says he’s nixing plan for early vaccine at White House

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump said Sunday that he was reversing an administration directive to vaccinate top government officials against COVID-19, while public distribution of the shot is limited to front-line health workers and people in nursing homes and long-term care facilities.

Trump made the announcement hours after his administration confirmed that senior U.S. officials, including some White House aides who work in close proximity to Trump and Vice President Mike Pence, would be offered coronavirus vaccines as soon as this week under federal continuity of government plans.

“People working in the White House should receive the vaccine somewhat later in the program, unless specifically necessary,” Trump said in a tweet. “I have asked that this adjustment be made. I am not scheduled to take the vaccine, but look forward to doing so at the appropriate time.”

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, onthedarkside said:

Updated report:

https://apnews.com/article/donald-trump-coronavirus-vaccine-f5a759c9d597d0e458c5fc9d2a96ee6f

Trump says he’s nixing plan for early vaccine at White House

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump said Sunday that he was reversing an administration directive to vaccinate top government officials against COVID-19, while public distribution of the shot is limited to front-line health workers and people in nursing homes and long-term care facilities.

Trump made the announcement hours after his administration confirmed that senior U.S. officials, including some White House aides who work in close proximity to Trump and Vice President Mike Pence, would be offered coronavirus vaccines as soon as this week under federal continuity of government plans.

“People working in the White House should receive the vaccine somewhat later in the program, unless specifically necessary,” Trump said in a tweet. “I have asked that this adjustment be made. I am not scheduled to take the vaccine, but look forward to doing so at the appropriate time.”

How many positive tests within the WH and its staff?? Perhaps they have some immunity now

Related topic:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/08/health/covid-vaccine-mask.html

Here’s Why Vaccinated People Still Need to Wear a Mask

The new vaccines will probably prevent you from getting sick with Covid. No one knows yet whether they will keep you from spreading the virus to others — but that information is coming.

The new Covid-19 vaccines from Pfizer and Moderna seem to be remarkably good at preventing serious illness. But it’s unclear how well they will curb the spread of the coronavirus.

That’s because the Pfizer and Moderna trials tracked only how many vaccinated people became sick with Covid-19. That leaves open the possibility that some vaccinated people get infected without developing symptoms, and could then silently transmit the virus — especially if they come in close contact with others or stop wearing masks.

If vaccinated people are silent spreaders of the virus, they may keep it circulating in their communities, putting unvaccinated people at risk.

3 hours ago, onthedarkside said:

If vaccinated people are silent spreaders of the virus, they may keep it circulating in their communities, putting unvaccinated people at risk.

I believe that this is being studied as we speak. It may take some time but let's hope that in the end the vaccine does prevent infection.

17 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

You may well be correct but have you heard of anyone else who needed hospitalisation, spending just 2 days in hospital? Maybe he was infected but didn't really need hospital treatment - that could have been for effect?

I remember at the time his doctors refused to comment on the date of his first positive test - anyone know if that information was ever revealed?

He was given monoclonal antibodies. Doctor Fauci, among other predicted that this medication would be a very powerful treatment for Covid19. Ben Carson who was very ill for quite a while was given the medication, thanks to Trump and he said he got better very quickly after taking it. As did Rudolph Giuliiani. So whether they get vaccinated or not, those close to Trump are already being given very special treatment as was Trump himself.

13 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

As much as I think this information may be of public curiousity, I feel that unless the POTUS or any other individual gives explicit consnet, thier medical records should remain confidential,  just because a person is a figure of publc noteriety, does not mean the health records are open slather.

There would have been no harm in revealing the dates and results of his Covid tests - nothing really private in that. There would probably have been a lot of good done though - in particular, removing the speculation that has lead to suspicion.

Just now, KhaoYai said:

There would have been no harm in revealing the dates and results of his Covid tests - nothing really private in that. There would probably have been a lot of good done though - in particular, removing the speculation that has lead to suspicion.

There would have been harm, it would have shown Trump to be positive, to know he was positive, and still attend and host events without any precaution at all.

I think that is why junior had a short fallout with dad.

4 hours ago, placeholder said:

He was given monoclonal antibodies. Doctor Fauci, among other predicted that this medication would be a very powerful treatment for Covid19. Ben Carson who was very ill for quite a while was given the medication, thanks to Trump and he said he got better very quickly after tasolutelyking it. As did Rudolph Giuliiani. So whether they get vaccinated or not, those close to Trump are already being given very special treatment as was Trump himself.

I have absolutely no idea whether that is factual or not. However, if it is, why is that medication not being used universally?  To the best of my knowledge, athough we may now have a vaccine for Covid 19, we don't yet have a cure.

4 hours ago, placeholder said:

He was given monoclonal antibodies. Doctor Fauci, among other predicted that this medication would be a very powerful treatment for Covid19. Ben Carson who was very ill for quite a while was given the medication, thanks to Trump and he said he got better very quickly after taking it. As did Rudolph Giuliiani. So whether they get vaccinated or not, those close to Trump are already being given very special treatment as was Trump himself.

Herman Cain wasn't so lucky.  Not sure if he got that same $600k  treatment or not.

Edited by shdmn

14 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

I have absolutely no idea whether that is factual or not. However, if it is, why is that medication not being used universally?  To the best of my knowledge, athough we may now have a vaccine for Covid 19, we don't yet have a cure.

Yes, true.

Problem is limited availability and really expensive.

5 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

It's a very difficult drug to make. Also, the Trump administration waited too long.

"Although he cautioned the datasets are still limited, Gottlieb stressed he believes the antibody drugs are likely to provide a benefit for Covid-19 patients. But, he said, the U.S. missed an opportunity to ramp up manufacturing in the spring to ensure there are widespread doses available as the drugs come onto the market. 

Antibody drugs are difficult to manufacture, and both Regeneron and Eli Lilly teamed up with rival companies to help produce them."

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/10/09/dr-scott-gottlieb-coronavirus-antibody-drugs-wont-end-us-epidemic.html

10 hours ago, shdmn said:

Herman Cain wasn't so lucky.  Not sure if he got that same $600k  treatment or not.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/30/politics/herman-cain-dies-coronavirus/index.html

Herman Cain dies from coronavirus

Washington (CNN)Herman Cain, a onetime Republican presidential candidate and former CEO of Godfather's Pizza, has died from coronavirus, according to an obituary sent from his verified Twitter account and Newsmax, where he was launching a television show.

Nor was this guy below, another potential victim of the White House being rife for the spread of coronavirus:

"A White House official who fell ill with Covid-19 in September is recovering after three months in the hospital, though he lost his right foot and lower leg in his battle against the virus, according to a friend.

Crede Bailey, the director of the White House security office, was the most severely ill among dozens of Covid-19 cases known to be connected to the White House. Bailey’s family has asked the White House not to publicize his condition, and President Donald Trump has never publicly acknowledged his illness."

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-12-14/white-house-official-recovers-from-severe-covid-19-friend-says

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK