Trump's conspiracies pose 'existential' threat to electronic voting industry -Smartmatic

webfact

2 hours ago, Credo said:

You do know that every vote is done on a paper ballot, don't you?  The paper ballots are then fed into the tabulating machines.  When they do a hand recount, it is of the paper ballots.   

Unfortunately, that's not true. Although the percentage of votes cast using electronic machines that have no paper trail has shrunk quite a bit over the last 20 years, it is not yet zero: https://www.govtech.com/elections/Despite-Risks-Some-States-Still-Use-Paperless-Voting-Machines.html

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Should we call Joe Biden President-elect, yet? Or will we still be offending the tender sensibilities of some Trump supporters?

I'm not worried about the tender sensibilities of Trump supporters, except perhaps when they are toting assault rifles in defense of their version of democracy.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, vandeventer said:

In a perfect world why can't we just do the election all over again with no mail in ballets except for those living over seas and the military, and nursing homes. Also hand ballets would add time but less problems in the end. And than if Joe Biden wins we must all have to except it, and move on.

And who will be paying for an electoral rerun?

You? The GOP? Trump?

BTW Joe Biden has officially won the election when the Electoral College released their results yesterday (Monday 14 December 2020).

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Credo said:

You do know that every vote is done on a paper ballot, don't you?  The paper ballots are then fed into the tabulating machines.  When they do a hand recount, it is of the paper ballots.   

Question (and I am anti Trump just not enough knowledge here about voting in the US)

How do they counter people voting with other peoples ballots ? and how do they make sure there are not more ballots out there then voters. 

Are there serial numbers on ballots or something ? (of course not connected to an ID of a person)

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I do, if I am drawing more than the daily limit at the ATM, using the desk tellers inside the bank.

But this thread isn't about bank tellers so your above statement is completely irrelevant to the discussion. Oooh look, there's a unicorn.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Blue Muton said:

It has, around sixty times. How did you miss it (or rather why have you chosen to pretend otherwise)?

I don't remember any of these getting as far as a trial with evidence presented and argued. But I could be wrong, of course.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Sujo said:

No use, none of them require id when withdrawing. I just put the card in and out the money comes.

Bit like voting. You prove who you are when registering. 

So it's OK for me to just forget my PIN numbers then? What a relief.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Ohh... but it has been ... over and over and over again, including by Trump's own court appointees. You're just not listening.

Just one example among many:

https://apnews.com/article/election-2020-donald-trump-pennsylvania-elections-philadelphia-d9c96c4593ec278f3b1d4bc564068df6

Appeals court rejects Trump challenge of Pennsylvania race

“Free, fair elections are the lifeblood of our democracy. Charges of unfairness are serious. But calling an election unfair does not make it so. Charges require specific allegations and then proof. We have neither here,” 3rd Circuit Judge Stephanos Bibas, a Trump appointee, wrote for the three-judge panel, all appointed by Republican presidents.

“Voters, not lawyers, choose the president. Ballots, not briefs, decide elections,” Bibas said in the opinion, which also denied the campaign’s request to stop the state from certifying its results, a demand he called “breathtaking.”

U.S. District Judge Matthew Brann, another Republican, had said the campaign’s error-filled complaint, “like Frankenstein’s Monster, has been haphazardly stitched together” and denied Giuliani the right to amend it for a second time.

Nothing has gone to trial. You're just not listening.

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, spidermike007 said:

I think it would be safe to say Trump poses an existential threat to humanity. His recklessness, his conspiracies, his narcissism, and his blatant disregard for law and order are dangerous. At least they were, before he was banished. 

Probably not so safe to say that in Alabama.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sujo said:

Perhaps ask yourself why 60 cases never got to trial.

even the 2 justices of scotus who thought the case should be heard said even if heard they would dismiss it.

I have been wondering, I must admit.