Motorbike repair shop needed

sudesh

there's probably half dozen big bike shops in udon.&honda bigwing. but no opinions on 'em

my question: any carb tinkerers out there? i've got couple mio125's and they're both sick.

had one off to order a repair kit. mikuni 33mm . hit pothole & bike just died . thought float needle stuck but No. found tiny glob of sealant at main jet. hopeful,actually runs now but still starving for fuel when whack throttle open. actually checked the vacuum petcock & it works. diaphragm intact on jet needleslide*sigh* back in for surgery then

Edited by cali4995

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/7/2021 at 4:52 AM, cali4995 said:

well , after a couple more weeks playing with it . ( i've got 2 now , identical models) checking & examining everything. i was really

surprised how sensitive the carb is to having airbox tight and crankcase breather system/hoses all in place. theres even an air valve which reintroduces oxygen to exhaust pipe. we're getting much closer. new fuel line, filters, petcock valves( because they have fine mesh strainer. ) needless to say a clean and tweak of original carbs but we're almost there. i'm only out about 300฿ in parts and probably wasted 20 hrs but very near a satisfactory solution amidst much backache 555

Go for it. I've overhauled my two carbs, synchronized them and adjusted them properly and that was way more complicated. Too many mechanics here have no idea about technique at all. 

oh, it can be very humbling at times and i'm hardly a beginner with mechanical things. a quik valve clearance adj. a new spark plug ( it was running an ngk 8 which is colder than the spec 7) set float level. the main jet holder had some crud plugging holes. make sure all airbox hoses in place. (it was missing 1 leaving a big hole of unfiltered air) and man, stunning performance change, idles super smooth. i got lucky. with salvageable carb

Edited by cali4995
  • Like 2