Is there anything more frustrating than.....?

2long

1 hour ago, Peterphuket said:

The sound car who drives through the street countless time to tell you who to vote for.

And I wonder if it even makes much of a difference. In my village some people connected to one candidate entered each house offering 200 THB if people would vote their candidate. Seems many people are ok with that offer and otherwise don't care much who gets in office. My GF told me every candidate has their own area of voters (e.g. the candidate in our area isn't allowed to bribe people in another candidate's area - every candidate his own home turf).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, digger70 said:

Why would they?  Everyone is different and has different views. ????

You are a reasonable man, and a credit to our species  and gender. 

I agree !!

and  they are all wrong!! except the ones who agree with me, ????

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, greenmonkey said:

even worse is when they 'do' look and see you coming at speed but still decide to pull out in front of you, and then make no attempt whatsoever to accelerate and get their speed up... thus causing you to hit the brakes hard!!! This drives me crazy.

Agree with this one, never seen so many with what appears to be a total lack of ability in judging speed and distance ! Or perhaps they just dont care ?

• Like 1

On 12/16/2020 at 7:56 PM, Dmaxdan said:

Getting. used to your local supermarket stocking your favorite, western products and then one day  discovering that they have all been discontinued...

Might I add getting used to what aisle in the store your local supermarket stocks a favorite western product and then one day discovering they have moved it to somewhere else in the store.  But...where?   (Why is bottled spaghetti sauce in one aisle and canned spaghetti sauce in another aisle, by the way.)  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Agree with this one, never seen so many with what appears to be a total lack of ability in judging speed and distance ! Or perhaps they just dont care ?

Thais live in a bubble, they are frequently oblivious to what's around them. As witness the month it took me to train my GF to use her rear vision mirrors, because her driving instructor certainly didn't.

14 hours ago, KannikaP said:

I guess the more up to date and tech savvy ones, will hang their phone on the back of the cart with the flashlight turned on. 

I have seen kids riding their bikes at night holding their phones as lights.

That's perhaps what iPhones are actually good for. 

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Believe me, they don't learn, so they not aware of it, on the other side an averrage thai is thinking he is in the middle of the universe.

Also, when they passing from opposite, they give a light signal....huh??? We learn we have to give free way, and  have to wait until it is free to passing. Today I got this experience, but he got my middlefinger.

On 12/17/2020 at 10:01 PM, greenmonkey said:

even worse is when they 'do' look and see you coming at speed but still decide to pull out in front of you, and then make no attempt whatsoever to accelerate and get their speed up... thus causing you to hit the brakes hard!!! This drives me crazy.

I  just  undertake  them then slow  right down back in front of them, some even flash their  lights but like them i stay impervious and dawdle  on.

On 12/18/2020 at 12:05 AM, newnative said:

Might I add getting used to what aisle in the store your local supermarket stocks a favorite western product and then one day discovering they have moved it to somewhere else in the store.  But...where?   (Why is bottled spaghetti sauce in one aisle and canned spaghetti sauce in another aisle, by the way.)  

Not to mention that you can't get into the aisle anyway because it's blocked by stock and stockers stocking the shelves

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

You come home and the SIL - who does not even live there - decided that the trees need pruning.

The one by the gate was full of beautiful yellow flowers.

It is now a stump with about 7 spindly branches on it - not the almost 8 meters of shade it provided when you left.

Asked why - now you don't have to do it for 2 years !

• Haha 1

On 12/17/2020 at 1:56 AM, Dmaxdan said:

Getting. used to your local supermarket stocking your favorite, western products and then one day  discovering that they have all been discontinued...

Agree with that. I used to stock up on Heinz hot dog relish when in Thailand as couldn't get it in England, then they just stopped stocking it.

My pet peeve on the skytrain was the oafs trying to board before those wanting to exit could do so. In the end I just stood there in the door and let them bounce off me till they stood aside and let me off ( I'm rather bigger than a normal Thai so I could block quite well ).

• Like 1