Thailand confirms 81 new coronavirus infections

webfact

It’s a numbers game and always has been.

Its out and about now but we all had a good run while it lasted.

I feel sorry for the local business that will be affected once again,they were just getting back to some sort of normality. The big department stores and malls are still struggling,this could end up being the nail in the coffin for some. The airlines will be in panic mode once more,but until there’s a vaccine I think this will be the norm.

Maybe a lockdown after the new year until things get back under control. But people who break the law,crossing boarders without quarantine,companies bringing in workers illegally without proper paperwork and quarantine should be held accountable. But it seems the bigger you are here the less you fall.

• Confused 1

19 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

That map and the figures related to it don't appear to be up to date

It may be down to person who does the update for each province as Phetchabun reported 1 new on the 24th and it appears when you get the details behind the map however the table nest to the map still showed 3 last time I looked at it.

21 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Yet, they are still keeping things open for domestic travel, and certain venues to be used such as parks, shopping malls, large areas where people gather and shop such as Yaowrat Rd and the small side Sois which are packed with shoppers.  Schools being shut have only added more bodies to these places.  I expect the numbers to soon reach all provinces as people travel home for the New Year holiday.

Most of those venues you mention are outdoors.

Edited by AmySeeker

22 hours ago, 4reaL said:

It will be exponentially spreading now if the incubation period really is 10 to 14 days from the initial cases in Mae Sai and Maha Chai.

One thing that may help is that Thais have been fanatical about safety precautions.  The malls, busses, taxi's never stopped mask wearing, hand washing etc..  This will certainly put these theories to the test.   I just wish they would be as fanatical about other things like driving, pollution etc..

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Chivas said:

Out of control now

Expect complete lockdown by month end across the Country

the UK and the US never got control of it. Thailand has done wonderful job so far. whether they can  eventually controlled here remains to be seen

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Thunder26 said:
21 hours ago, foreverlomsak said:

The PM has stated there will be no national lockdown, as I implied elsewhere there will be 76 provincial lockdowns instead, then the PM can stand up and say a national lockdown was not necessary but local lockdowns were as judged by the local governors. Not his fault.

Spot on. That's where it is heading. There are more and more restrictions issued everyday by various provinces.

So exactly the same as last time.

I just know that a whole bunch of our newly "stranded" tourists who weren't paying too much attention last April are going to be all over this like it's something shockingly new.

12 hours ago, Kiujunn said:
20 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

The only truly successful countries to actually contain in some ways have been Taiwan and New Zealand

Vietnam.  Actually had a second wave and was able to contain it.

Allegedly.

This skeptical second-guessing is really quite good fun isn't it?

5 minutes ago, Snig27 said:
23 hours ago, bermondburi said:

And no news of any more migrants testing positive in SS either. 

There is, just not on TV - the official numbers:

Timely post, thanks. I will give it a few minutes before someone complains that the details are all in Thai and they can't understand them.

11 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Timely post, thanks. I will give it a few minutes before someone complains that the details are all in Thai and they can't understand them.

they could have written the numbers in Thai too... after double pricing, this could have been double reporting, LOL

21 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

I think even this government is hesitant to order a Nationwide Lockdown.  Few places in the world that had multiple lockdowns have been “able to contain” the virus.  I was wondering how do you contain a virus?  The common cold is a virus and it has never been contained and certainly Influenza comes around every year and kills.  

The only truly successful countries to actually contain in some ways have been Taiwan and New Zealand.  Both countries are island nations and do not have land borders.  

One can only assess based upon the published numbers(if you believe them or not) and the current numbers do not support a nationwide lockdown. 

The economy is on life support and a nationwide lockdown even for a month could be the death blow. 

When I traveled in the past I often used the McDonalds and Starbucks index to see how the local economy was.

I went into a Starbucks the yesterday at 1030 and I was the only customer there and it was kind of weird as I drank my green tea latte.  Also, I went into a local McDonald for my annual pancakes(for some reason I like McD pancakes) and eggs and i was the only customer for 45 minutes.  I have never experienced solo dining in either place.

Never heard of Australia?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimbo2014 said:

One thing that may help is that Thais have been fanatical about safety precautions.  The malls, busses, taxi's never stopped mask wearing, hand washing etc..  This will certainly put these theories to the test.   I just wish they would be as fanatical about other things like driving, pollution etc..

That is pure rubbish, have you seen the packed Disco's, Gogos, Bars, GC, around Pattaya. No masks, no social distancing, no hand washing 

23 hours ago, 4reaL said:

It will be exponentially spreading now if the incubation period really is 10 to 14 days from the initial cases in Mae Sai and Maha Chai.

Not necessarily because the government acted fast and because of small numbers they have contact traced well.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ludo55 said:

That is pure rubbish, have you seen the packed Disco's, Gogos, Bars, GC, around Pattaya. No masks, no social distancing, no hand washing 

There's a whole lot to Thailand beyond Pattaya bars and discos.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, smutcakes said:

37 local to local infections and 35 migrant. Its not hidden its on the Govt presentation.  I presume field hospitals are used as have 1,000 new Myanmar infections with many probably not serious or asymptomatic is not necessary to hospitalize them.

Interesting my friend from the USA returning to Thailand this month (wife and house in Hua Hin) had all the COVID clearance certificates from the USA prior to his departure. 

After 4 days in a Bangkok ASQ hotel both his tests here were false positive; so he was shuffled off into hospital for 10 days with no internal or external signs of COVID symptoms and could not remain in the ASQ hotel according to government policy.

So if you have these hordes of asymptomatic Myanmar folks out there why would they not be also hospitalized.  

Or do we have two sets of policies here in Thailand for COVID mitigation and containment.  

If your a Farang with money off to hospital but if your a dirt poor Myanmar labourer; no worries mate she'll be ok.

BTW his hospital bill for 10 days of COVID monitoring and standard PCR testing was 70,000 Baht. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, berrec said:

Interesting my friend from the USA returning to Thailand this month (wife and house in Hua Hin) had all the COVID clearance certificates from the USA prior to his departure. 

After 4 days in a Bangkok ASQ hotel both his tests here were false positive; so he was shuffled off into hospital for 10 days with no internal or external signs of COVID symptoms and could not remain in the ASQ hotel according to government policy.

So if you have these hordes of asymptomatic Myanmar folks out there why would they not be also hospitalized.  

Or do we have two sets of policies here in Thailand for COVID mitigation and containment.  

If your a Farang with money off to hospital but if your a dirt poor Myanmar labourer; no worries mate she'll be ok.

BTW his hospital bill for 10 days of COVID monitoring and standard PCR testing was 70,000 Baht. 

So your friend had two false positive tests (some on the Forum claiming that the odds for that are infinitely small) and was taken from his ASQ Hotel to the Hospital for monitoring (no treatment as he did not have any symptoms).

But what about his 100.000 US $ insurance coverage for covid-19 treatment?  Did the insurance pay the 70.000 THB or is he in the process of trying to claim it back (some of those insurance policies won't pay out if it turns out that you were not actually in need of 'treatment').

• Like 1