Thailand to launch first moon mission

rooster59

10 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Thailand will build a spacecraft within seven years with a budget of around Bt3 billion, according to the Ministry of Higher Education, Science, Research and Innovation.

This will almost certainly never happen but the preliminary viability studies etc. will cost billions - creating a lot of shall we say 'opportunities'.

Its a bit like Boris Johnson's 'Garden Bridge' over the Thames that cost £35 million (1.4 billion baht) before being cancelled without a single inch being built.

• Like 1

What about creating more jobs for the people, especially the younger Thai University graduates? What about feeding the poor and helping them get on their feet? What about reducing the crime rate? The list goes on and on but you guys don't care. Or has anyone missed anything out?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, geisha said:

Hysterical !!!
I would say the government is the laughing stock of the world if it wasn’t sad .

A government that doesn’t know how to govern, that lets its people beg for food and help, that lets its infrastructure crumble to dust ,that accepts 20 000 plus deaths on its roads and does sweet <deleted> all to stop it, now wants to fly to the moon ? Are they mad , delusional or what ? 

Yes

• Thanks 1

"The spacecraft will travel at 11 kilometres per hour to the moon".... (average 384,000 Kms) Will arrive in almost 4 years. Hopefully can increase the speed on the way back and doesn't burn after entering earth atmosphere... So over 16 years we will know.

11 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Why?

IMHO, this is because Thai Government has realised that their reliance on tourism is wrong and too vulnerable to change like Covid.

They want to announce to the world that they are ready to take on tech businesses and what better way to do that than with such an eye popping statement?

The Big Picture?

Just sayin....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, siamsev said:

Nope. Absoutely true. Was at a lecture he gave in BKK a few years ago. Are you suggesting that Thai scientists are not smart enough for this?

I’m sure there are a handful who are capable. However, it takes more than a handful of a scientists to make this happen. This is a larger operation than Thailand will ever be able to successfully manage.

2 minutes ago, dcnx said:

I’m sure there are a handful who are capable. However, it takes more than a handful of a scientists to make this happen. This is a larger operation than Thailand will ever be able to successfully manage.

perhaps. But I did not like the tone from the previous person who scoffed and sneered at the possibility of a Thai scientist being involved. I would argue with the amount of int students who have gone and returned from international unis over the past 20 to 30 years that the talent is there....but the financial backing is not

• Like 1

2 hours ago, siamsev said:

Nope. Absoutely true. Was at a lecture he gave in BKK a few years ago. Are you suggesting that Thai scientists are not smart enough for this?

Depends on where he went to school seems like all the upper class including the one we cant mention went to school in another country 

18 minutes ago, siamsev said:

perhaps. But I did not like the tone from the previous person who scoffed and sneered at the possibility of a Thai scientist being involved. I would argue with the amount of int students who have gone and returned from international unis over the past 20 to 30 years that the talent is there....but the financial backing is not

Like you said Thai scientists but not educated in Thailand 

1 hour ago, the green light said:

i wonder if they can serve noodle soup on the flight

that what Thai like to eat. 

At the moment it's Durian but they are looking to add Pad Thai or mango sticky rice

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-44326575

image.png.fabd58e485a9db1961f9025b96e576e4.png

image.png.1c0c02cb7ca80147ef7efcea7e89c895.png

image.png.6d964cc6bc2de5f98168b169dab7fa4b.png

More info

https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/thailand-send-durians-space/

These space trials tests are successfully completed now.

I would however advise anyone to stand well back from the capsule door when it opens for the first time after the return to earth.

Edited by Muzzique