Foreigners who have been vaccinated still need to quarantine

snoop1130

Some posts in violation of the  UPDATED NOTICE TO MEMBERS POSTING ON THAIVISA AMID COVID-19 - 25 MARCH 2020 and the replies have been removed:

Do not post news or any form of content, including video, audio, images, social media posts that contains messages that may cause people to be afraid or intentionally distort information, causing misunderstanding during the COVID-19 pandemic. 

Any posts or topics which our moderation team deems to be scaremongering, deliberately misleading or has been posted to deliberately distort information will be removed without warning. You may also be subject to a posting suspension or have your profile permanently suspended from the site. 

Thank you for your co-operation.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, garyk said:

Looks like Thailand will be closed until 2022 pretty much. I will get my first dose this month, hopefully February I will be in Mexico or South America. 

Only people that I can see going to Thailand are people with family or business.

Pretty much a write off for the next year at least.

If you want to see when Thailand will open up, follow Australia, New Zealand, Taiwan, etc.  They all seem to be tracking about the same right now.  Leaning towards a late spring opening.  But no guarantees...

This is a pretty good website.

https://www.covidchecker.com/en/

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/2/2021 at 11:56 AM, GroveHillWanderer said:

The vaccines most definitely have been out long enough (in the various clinical trials) to collect evidence on whether they're safe - if that weren't the case they never would have received regulatory approval.

In terms of allergic reactions, as has already been shown by the incidents that have already come to light, these occur literally within minutes of the innoculation being administered.

When it comes to any other "serious" side effects (so not counting the normal, temporary effects of the innoculation like muscle soreness, headache, low-grade fever etc) these also usually show up relatively quickly, almost always within a few weeks, simply because of the way vaccines work.

This is by providing an almost immediate boost to the body's immune system, reaching a peak effect within a week or two of completing the course of inoculation(s). After that point, the effects of a vaccination never do anything except gradually diminish, sometimes to the point where there is no longer any effect on the body (so a booster shot is then required).

Sometimes the effects of a vaccine last a long time, but they still always diminish with time which is why older people are more susceptible to disease even if they've had their childhood vaccinations.

No vaccine has ever been conclusively proven to have long term side effects that only show up years later - as mentioned that's just not the way vaccines work. Their effects only lessen with time, they never increase so if there are going to be any adverse effects they will always be seen relatively early on, within a few weeks or months at most, while the body's systems are still getting the highest levels of stimulation from the vaccine. 

So traditionally vaccines take 10 years of testing for approval, but you say that a few months is in fact long enough. How is it you know this?

Also good to hear that vaccines have no side effects. Odd though that that just the UK and US alone have paid out billions of dollars in compensation for vaccine side effects over the years. The companies that made them paid nothing after banking the profits, the taxpayers get the bill. Just like this time. Odd that.

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, garyk said:

Looks like Thailand will be closed until 2022 pretty much. I will get my first dose this month, hopefully February I will be in Mexico or South America. 

Only people that I can see going to Thailand are people with family or business.

Hopefully I will be back in LOS in this autumn as my home has not been opened the last 2 years so I am prepared I may face a moisterrous gecko graveyard topped with a dead snake or tree in the toilet and a elephant in the fridge - who knows ... :shock1:

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

I stopped reading after page 9, just  jumped to the end. You just can't teach stupid, and apparently can't quarantine it either. Some comments on here are just people trying to get their user name up in lights. I know at the moment, I would much rather be here than in covid rampant UK. I know that only meeting with a closed, like minded group, I will minimise the risk of infection, can't guarantee to not be infected, but minimise the risk. I'm sure if everyone tried to do the same, the risk would decrease. 

Just enjoy life as it is, enjoy the sunshine, have the fridge stocked, and hope for the best.

Best wishes and a Happy, and healthy New Year.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Don't forget there are some foreigners who live in Thailand with a wife and children (some only toddlers, kinder kids etc.), and they want to get home to their loveones, support their wives to take care of the kids and more. 

Indeed, I am one of them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, RR2020 said:

No country currently giving vaccinations is providing any evidence or certificates.

Kind of makes any alleged system of "vaccination passport" unworkable.

Also, different vaccines will have different protection periods.

And, again, there is no proof that people who have been vaccinated can not pass the virus on to those who are not vaccinated.

Of course vaccines will contribute to defeat covid, but masks, social distancing and hygiene will remain necessary.

Believing vaccines will be THE solution, is wishfull thinking.

5 minutes ago, RR2020 said:

No country currently giving vaccinations is providing any evidence or certificates.

Not true, 

Firstly, since it is a two part procedure at a specific interval . a record of when the first part is kept so that they know when to give you the second part, and since the effectiveness of the vaccination is of a few months,  a record is kept so that they know when you would need to be re-vaccinated. 

Like every other vaccine you are issued a vaccine card with a list of all the vaccinations you had .

In addition many organisations including The International Air Transport Association (IATA) is developing an app that would gather all that information from the appropriate agencies in each country  and provide a Covid Vaccination Passport accepted by participating country, 

https://www.iata.org/en/pressroom/pr/2020-11-23-01/

https://www.moodiedavittreport.com/iata-develops-digital-travel-pass-to-support-safe-return-of-flying/

On 1/2/2021 at 5:26 PM, garyk said:

Dear lab rat, I want to thank you for your service!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

18 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Not true, 

Firstly, since it is a two part procedure at a specific interval . a record of when the first part is kept so that they know when to give you the second part, and since the effectiveness of the vaccination is of a few months,  a record is kept so that they know when you would need to be re-vaccinated. 

Like every other vaccine you are issued a vaccine card with a list of all the vaccinations you had .

In addition many organisations including The International Air Transport Association (IATA) is developing an app that would gather all that information from the appropriate agencies in each country  and provide a Covid Vaccination Passport accepted by participating country, 

https://www.moodiedavittreport.com/iata-develops-digital-travel-pass-to-support-safe-return-of-flying/

They won`t stop with registering the vaccinations you have taken only. But I guess I am a conspiracy theorist if I go further down that road now...

Out of curiosity, where do you draw the line for government interference?

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

49 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Not true, 

So I just need to get a bit of cardboard and write on it......and thats it.

Immigration knows its real............. LOL

There is no country issuing certificates of vaccination.

What someone at the IATA wants and what the world does are two very different things.............

I am sure plenty of Doc's in Nakon Nowhere will write you a letter saying you have had the Covid jab......for a small donation..............

• Haha 1

Just now, RR2020 said:

So I just need to get a bit of cardboard and write on it......and thats it.

Immigration knows its real............. LOL

There is no country issuing certificates of vaccination.

What someone at the IATA wants and what the world does are two very different things.............

I am sure plenty of Doc's in Nakon Nowhere will write you a letter saying you have had the Covid jab......for a small donation..............

No.. 

That's why IATA is developing the App.that participating governments would trust . IATA is a major organisation that all airlines belong too. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sirineou said:

No.. 

That's why IATA is developing the App.that participating governments would trust . IATA is a major organisation that all airlines belong too. 

And so far no country has agreed to it......or is issuing any certificates.

This is what you call "bait and catch"........................  its a good old fashioned rumour to get everyone to have the jab........but in the end.........in 6 months time........it will never be implemented as its completely open to falsified documents.

Doctors around the world take money to give out fake certificates................. 

The system would be unworkable............... and when push comes to shove, once you have vaccinated all your over 60 year olds and at risk people........Covid is no longer a threat at all...........Flu will then kill more.

• Sad 2

Just now, Cobra666 said:

Looks like the government shooting at you with a flu-shot...or fear. 

I am not the best looking guy in the world, I mean not like you, but I think I am a little better looking than a virus 

I hope you know you hurt my feelings

• Like 1

On 12/29/2020 at 8:24 PM, ukrules said:

They're idiots, vaccination is the only way out of this mess and as such it's their ultimate goal yet it's obviously not good enough for them.

I suspect they will also be quarantining recovered patients as well, those who are immune to it?

I believe you misunderstand what he is saying. He means for time being quarantine is the safest because even when you are vaccinated, you can still be caring the infection and by that infect others who are not vaccinated.

On 12/30/2020 at 7:23 AM, Dukeleto said:

I’m pretty sure they are! But since you are here please explain with current vaccines tracking anywhere from 60% to 95% efficacy how do you prove it works with all individuals. You can’t, therefore getting a vaccine to come into Thailand becomes pointless and just another reason not to get vaccinated For those who are sceptical. Its completely typical of Thailand to simply keep raising the bar to see what they can get away with. When the rest of the world opens up around them and those economies begin to flourish again that will be the incentive to get with the real world. If not...we’ll it will more than likely implode from within from civil discontent.

Yes people have different DNA what works with one my not work with another. A durian can not be grown anywhere in Thailand although one plants the seed.and hopes it will grow.

• Confused 1

22 hours ago, Rancid said:

So traditionally vaccines take 10 years of testing for approval, but you say that a few months is in fact long enough.

No, that's not what I said and is not what the actual situation is. While it is true that vaccines in the past used to often take as long as 10 years from the very start of the conceptual design of the vaccine construct, until final regulatory approval, it is not the case that the human clinical trial phase(s) would take up the entire ten years.

I know this from reading multiple articles and scientific research papers (which are widely available, just use Google) but also, as I said in that post, the Oxford vaccine development group has issued a video explaining this, which I linked to.

This video pointed out that just the design phase by itself could take up to ten years and they basically shaved that entire length of time off the time period required to develop their vaccine, by virtue of the fact that they had already fully designed (and comprehensively tested) their vaccine construct over the previous decade or more, including using it to produce a vaccine for MERS, a coronavirus very, very similar to SARS-CoV-2, especially in the configuration and role of the spike protein, which is the basis for the way their current vaccine works.

The actual human clinical trial portion of the vaccine development process is a relatively small proportion of the overall lead time.

I also didn't say that vaccines don't have side effects (they most definitely do), I said they aren't proven to have long-term side effects that only show up after some years have elapsed.

Again this is based on a search of the medical literature for evidence of this particular kind of side effect.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

No, that's not what I said and is not what the actual situation is. While it is true that vaccines in the past used to often take as long as 10 years from the very start of the conceptual design of the vaccine construct, until final regulatory approval, it is not the case that the human clinical trial phase(s) would take up the entire ten years.

I know this from reading multiple articles and scientific research papers (which are widely available, just use Google) but also, as I said in that post, the Oxford vaccine development group has issued a video explaining this, which I linked to.

This video pointed out that just the design phase by itself could take up to ten years and they basically shaved that entire length of time off the time period required to develop their vaccine, by virtue of the fact that they had already fully designed (and comprehensively tested) their vaccine construct over the previous decade or more, including using it to produce a vaccine for MERS, a coronavirus very, very similar to SARS-CoV-2, especially in the configuration and role of the spike protein, which is the basis for the way their current vaccine works.

The actual human clinical trial portion of the vaccine development process is a relatively small proportion of the overall lead time.

I also didn't say that vaccines don't have side effects (they most definitely do), I said they aren't proven to have long-term side effects that only show up after some years have elapsed.

Again this is based on a search of the medical literature for evidence of this particular kind of side effect.

Can I add further, because it took 10 years in past times that doesn't automatically mean it still takes 10 years. 

I've read several articles (several authored by well respected virogoly experts from Australia) who mention that it no longer takes 10 years, the very hi-tech systems including advanced AI and the planning are very much improved and have massively reduced the overall development time. 

• Like 2