Two year report on Chevrolet Pick up

bodga

I have had my 2.7 turbo diesel Colorado for 12 years , and have found it very reliable and providing a very smooth and well powered ride.

You are correct about the Service Centres , very poor service , and literally NO service here in Phuket when they closed down for 2 years. I needed a rubber 'boot' supplied and the new place  took 50% of its price in deposit , then told me they would call me in TWO MONTHS to say it arrived !

About 6 years ago the clutch was slipping and the new one was installed incorrectly  by Chev Phuket  ( cost 16k) and another shop (  Chev Krabi)  showed me the issue and had to install a new one ( 17k). They would NOT , however , supply me with a letter to show Chev Phuket , even tho only 800 kms had elapsed between  new clutches ..  Now 30k kms has past by , and I note the seal  Krabi  installed has a slow drip.

But all up , this has been an extremely reliable truck.

I would have happily recommended Chev to anyone , and thought the last ones a bargain , but imo parts  will be increasingly hard to  get , and unlike the older ones , not possibly  interchangeable with Isuzu ...

I guess a lot of people thought that , and thats why they had to sell them so cheap... a true "Run Out Sale".

• Like 1

Had  a 2012 Chevy Colorado  stick shift, sold it five years later because we were back in the US for work and did not think we would come back often enough to warrant keeping a car there. We never had a problem with it to have experience with the service.  

Selling it was a big mistake because the wife ended up coming back often and spending more time here than we thought she would, especially when her mom got sick and eventually died. and we were spending way too much money renting so we bought a late model used Mitsubishi mirage for the same money we got for the Colorado  LOL . 

I was very disappointed that Chevy stopped doing business in Thailand, as soon as covid alowes will be coming back to Thailand, and I would not have a problem buying another one. IMO they are the best looking trucks available. 

Those are  a pair of nice looking rigs bodga!! I like the four door. 

What do you think about buying a late model used one? 

13 hours ago, sirineou said:

Had  a 2012 Chevy Colorado  stick shift, sold it five years later because we were back in the US for work and did not think we would come back often enough to warrant keeping a car there. We never had a problem with it to have experience with the service.  

Selling it was a big mistake because the wife ended up coming back often and spending more time here than we thought she would, especially when her mom got sick and eventually died. and we were spending way too much money renting so we bought a late model used Mitsubishi mirage for the same money we got for the Colorado  LOL . 

I was very disappointed that Chevy stopped doing business in Thailand, as soon as covid alowes will be coming back to Thailand, and I would not have a problem buying another one. IMO they are the best looking trucks available. 

Those are  a pair of nice looking rigs bodga!! I like the four door. 

What do you think about buying a late model used one? 

There are  still some new  ones  kicking  around, have read of problems with about 20% of the AUTOMATICS when the torque  converter fails, worldwide, I have the manual and auto, keeping fingers  crossed on the auto although mileage on that is  very low, 13k in 2  years.

I dont know enough about the secondhand market BUT knowing Thais penchant for lack of maintenance id steer  clear of anything I didnt buy myself from new.

Chevrolets  website  now contains almost no information at  all and in poor  English informs  you that English is  no  longer available on their site despite them leaving up the "en" icon to click on. Yep  poor  service  guaranteed,  roll  on changing my own oil and filter in the next few  days.

Edited by bodga
  • Like 1

On 1/3/2021 at 12:51 PM, bodga said:

Chevrolets  website  now contains almost no information at  all and in poor  English informs  you that English is  no  longer available on their site despite them leaving up the "en" icon to click on. Yep  poor  service  guaranteed,  roll  on changing my own oil and filter in the next few  days.

I remember asking what is the most luxurious truck don't know if it's now but it was a Chevy. ????