Pattaya: Bar patrons try to flee as authorities ensure Covid early closing - owner arrested

webfact

BREAKING: The Governor of Chonburi has signed this order for Bang Lamung District including Pattaya. It includes closures of shopping malls, swimming pools, parks, fitness centers and health spas. Restaurants can open but takeaway only. Convenience stores must close 10pm-5am.
Richard Barrow in Thailand

Edited by Henk Langeweg
  • Thanks 1

The emergency decree alone does not allow operating times and selling of alcohol after midnight. In reality many bars were open even after the legal opening times that were valid before Corona. I am not talking about a secret here since it could not be overlooked. I am talking about open air bars. 

49 minutes ago, natway09 said:

I find it hard to believe that another 3 bars are stupid enough not to at least have a vaild licence 

& harder to believe that the licence is obviously not checked many times a year at an establishment selling & (or)

serving alcohol

You can't have your liquor license revoked if you don't have one.   ????

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Only reason I can see for being out that late and still drinking is waiting for a prettier shift to come on as the buffalos left don't take your fancy.

Was there continuing a lady's birthday party celebrations. Pretty chilled place (until the cops arrived).

20 hours ago, webfact said:

The bars were all shut down and their owner was taken away to city hall and charged with operating without a licence, serving alcohol out of hours and flouting Covid-19 rules

3 bars with no licence... and no sense of responsibility lol

safe trusted Thailand.

47 minutes ago, Andycoops said:

Luckily I am back in Isaan after my Christmas trip to Pattaya and have escaped the latest lockdown but for how long, remains to be seen.

If you are in a rural area I think that will be fine..... no congregating at bars, boxing stadia, discos or cock-fighting rings and you should be fine to sit it out. 

18 hours ago, natway09 said:

I find it hard to believe that another 3 bars are stupid enough not to at least have a vaild licence 

& harder to believe that the licence is obviously not checked many times a year at an establishment selling & (or)

serving alcohol

The owner kept giving money but the licence never came ????