British PM Johnson's father applying for French citizenship

snoop1130

The words "rat" and ""sinking ship" spring to mind. I'm half Irish, and I must admit getting an Irish passport has crossed my mind, just for the visa free travel thing. In fact, going back in time, when I was as fit as <deleted>, when it was a toss up between the Royal Marines and the Foreign Legion, that guarantee of French citizenship was pretty tempting; unfortunately life, in the sense of a woman, intervened, and I went a totally different course.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Leads me to suspect that Boris is a "Russian asset."  Papa wants to be a French citizen.  France has always had a close relationship with Russia.  Boris is not exactly an Anglo-American name.

Come to think of it, there are a few apparent connections between our Boris and Boris Godunov, who began his political career in the court of Ivan the Terrible.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boris_Godunov

If only the Brits could "impeach" their leaders.....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

I'm getting a Thai passport next week and it's tempting to burn my British one. 

Like somebody said  don't burn your bridges .... but in your case  advisable to go for the Irish one .... and keep the British as third choice ..... 

That's funny  :wink:.... they are a third country now ....????.... at least for E.U. and maybe for the Irish republic  ( ? )   OMG !.... it becomes complicated ....????

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

What would be the point in doing that ?

You could still get a new one to replace the burnt one .

And that would be no more a nice trust giving red one .... ???? but such  dark blue one from the new politic order .....????

Edited by david555

23 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The father of British Prime Minister Boris Johnson said on Thursday he was in the process of applying for a French passport

even his own family betrayed him, 1st his younger brother and now his own father  555

6 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Think you can get them from Trendy house in BKK

good for you guy's no more complaining  to get a new passport .... straight that BKK place ...????

Just now, Mavideol said:

even his own family betrayed him, 1st his younger brother and now his own father  555

How is that a "betrayal" ?

Boris Johnsons Dad is already French (as his Mother was French) and he has business interests/connections there and he was just making it easier for himself to go to France

12 hours ago, david555 said:

It is not that opportunistic politician "bull....t"...that he feel French ,..But the fact is simple the 146 country's visa free access a European passport like mine ,can give on World access , he and other Brits like to keep...

They liked the E.U. but hated  they were not allowed to sit in the drivers seat ...????????????

in other words, they liked to take and didn't like to give back or share.... 555