What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2021)

CharlieH

Finished watching Unforgotten season 4 this afternoon. Very good, as were season 1-3. Just watched Willys Wonderland. I used to think that if Nicholas Cage was in a movie, it would be pretty decent. How wrong was I? I'd give it 2/10 which I think even that is a bit on the generous side. YMMV

13 hours ago, Mutt Daeng said:

Finished watching Unforgotten season 4 this afternoon. Very good, as were season 1-3. Just watched Willys Wonderland. I used to think that if Nicholas Cage was in a movie, it would be pretty decent. How wrong was I? I'd give it 2/10 which I think even that is a bit on the generous side. YMMV

Cage like Willis will take any role that pays the bills these days, no matter how crappy the movie. I know Cage is down to 25 million, so he's suffering, but Willis is worth 250 million, so hardly struggling.

• Like 1

On 5/11/2021 at 7:41 AM, giddyup said:

For those who like their humour a little off-beat, Season 6, Episode 1 of Inside No.9 is available on 1337X, probably other places as well.

Steve Pemberton and Reece Shearsmith,   a well written and acted series.    Wuthering Heist hahahahah

Wuthering Heist.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Watched, "Operation Finale" last night and thought it was good, and although it it's about three or four years old, I don't remember seeing it before, so that was a bonus.

Also watched the movie with Nicolas Cage in it, "The Frozen Ground" and was absolutely astounded at how many girls/women the guy had murdered over the years.

Gods of Snooker----BBC2...  ? episodes......3 episodes out now.

Even if you are not into Snooker its worth a watch. Taken from the 60s-70s to current time,      I just can not see how many episodes it will be.

I was watching Hurricane Higgins last night get up everyone's nose in the early 70s when it was classed a gentleman's game--staggering in drunk and beating everyone, giving his courtesy seats in the front row to 3 prostitutes--hardly anyone watched the game back then--Higgins took out the British title with a prize money of £480 quid, but they fined him £3,000 for wearing green trousers. His antics delighted a whole lot of kids who took up the game and turned it on its head.....funny watch.

• Like 1

On 5/11/2021 at 1:41 PM, giddyup said:

For those who like their humour a little off-beat, Season 6, Episode 1 of Inside No.9 is available on 1337X, probably other places as well.

BBC iPlayer if you have a VPN. Very funny, dark humour.

Before We Die..... Ch 4.........6 episodes start-26th May

Is a new English crime thriller set in Bristol-- but is based on the hit Swedish show of the same name. Stars-Lesley Sharp (Scott & Bailey) will lead the cast as detective Hannah Laing who becomes deeply conflicted when she discovers her son is playing a crucial role as an undercover informant in a brutal murder investigation.

Below is the Trailer of the Swedish version with subs--So Check--in case you have already seen it.

Not the UK version coming out 26 May

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, faraday said:

Has anyone found a torrent for Danny Boy as mentioned by Sanuk?

https://www.standard.co.uk/culture/tvfilm/danny-boy-review-bbc-2-battle-war-drama-b934675.html

It's had very good reviews, but I can't see it anywhere...

????

I watched it on BBC iPlayer last night and thought it was very good, and thought-provoking come to that.

• Like 1

Blue Code of Silence

This one looks interesting.

RARBG

Summary: When Bob Leuci turned on his fellow officers to bring down New York’s most corrupt police unit, he was both lauded as a hero and condemned as a rat. But he also exposed the dangerous underbelly of secrecy that penetrates American policing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not a fan of Angelina Jolie, but watched the movie, "Those who wish me dead" last night and it was enjoyable enough. Great fire scenes in it; those FX folk certainly earned their keep.

Also watched a French movie with English subtitles, called "Oxygen", and it was very different, if not "unique" in its way, also clever, and will keep you wondering until the very end.

• Like 1

What is the situation with Guy Ritchie's "Wrath of Man" has anyone seen it? just that when you look at it the Blue ray comes in at about 545....which is unheard of, & the one I did download last week wanted me to download a special program to view it..... which sent the Antivirus mad.

So thought I would leave it for a week or so.....this week Utorrent wont even accept it.

--------------------------------------------------

uBlock Origin has prevented the following page from loading:

Because of the following filter:

.systems/signup?ad_domain=$document

Edited by sanuk711

6 hours ago, xylophone said:

Not a fan of Angelina Jolie, but watched the movie, "Those who wish me dead" last night and it was enjoyable enough. Great fire scenes in it; those FX folk certainly earned their keep.

Hard to believe even the Americans would have a 45 year old female parachuting firefighter on their rolls.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Seeall said:

everyones different.. I thought naked gun ok for kids under 8

Nah, some of the double entendres are far too subtle for kids, and maybe some adults too.

Seems like Netflix seem to be releasing most of the decent stuff at the moment.

Gary Oldman, always worth a watch.

2 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

What is the situation with Guy Ritchie's "Wrath of Man" has anyone seen it? just that when you look at it the Blue ray comes in at about 545....which is unheard of, & the one I did download last week wanted me to download a special program to view it..... which sent the Antivirus mad.

So thought I would leave it for a week or so.....this week Utorrent wont even accept it.

--------------------------------------------------

uBlock Origin has prevented the following page from loading:

Because of the following filter:

.systems/signup?ad_domain=$document

Hasn’t appeared yet - it was only at the cinema at the end of April. 

Edited by recom273

4 minutes ago, recom273 said:

Seems like Netflix seem to be releasing most of the decent stuff at the moment.

Gary Oldman, always worth a watch.

Have downloaded these two and Oxygen is different/unusual but a worthy watch.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, recom273 said:

Pirates has about 30 copies recom273..... RARBG had it last week but now seems to have withdrawn it.....Pirates is usually quite good at pulling out stuff that isn't Kosher.

I believe it was released in the Arabic countries before the west.

Just checked now there is only 11 copies on Pirates 2 of them Cam, others Blueray.