What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2021)

CharlieH

On 9/15/2021 at 1:05 AM, bobandyson said:

Recently watched the spaghetti movies again. 2x Dollars, Good-Bad-Ugly, also Josey Wales, Two Mules.

Haven't seen Joe Kidd, Thunderbolt, or Beguiled for over 30 years so will give them a look-see.    

Watch Pale Rider, High Plains Drifter, Two Mules for Sister Sara, Hang em High, and the Unforgiven again. I cannot watch them enough. True classics. Clint on the top of his game. 

• Like 2

On 9/15/2021 at 2:53 PM, GoFaster said:

Penoza ( Black Widow ) on SBS. Billed as the Dutch Sopranos . Just starting the 4th of 5 seasons and really enjoying it. Talk about drama. Monic Hendrickx in the lead role is very good.  

Any idea where to find an HD version of it? Cannot seem to find one. 

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

Oh come on. The man is nearly a diety. The ultimate trophy ++++. It is a bit of reality, laced with a bit of fantasy. I was no fan of the Mule, but the man can hardly do wrong. He is one of the greatest iconic actors and one of the best film directors, of our lifetimes. I will never tire of Clint. He is THE MAN!

Every dog has it's day, and sometimes it's better to quit on a high, otherwise you become like a Muhammad Ali.

4 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Any idea where to find an HD version of it? Cannot seem to find one. 

Its been released on bluray - the most consistent with the subs are the 720 rips from some Dutch release groups ..

Penoza.S03E01.Aflevering.1.720p.BluRay.x264 SA89.mkv

These don't seem to have subs, but I didnt DL to check.

Penoza.S01E01.DUTCH.1080p.BluRay.x264 VeDeTT.mkv

or you might find this internal release 

Penoza.S02E01.720p.WEB DL.AAC2.0.H.264 BTN.mp4 

Try googling those filenames and see where it takes you.

Thanks for the original tip from the poster.

5 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

Watched this last night, not too shabby at all, I used to live in Romford back in the 60's and there were some very shady characters knocking around then, so as the East End sprawl continued I can imagine it only got worse.

Very violent with a lot of swearing, don't let the kids see it ????

After watching them all from the first, I can't believe that this is worth a watch, as they have got progressively worse over time - but I will give it a look - Can't beat bit of Vinnie. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Watch very few TV shows? these days? This is the golden age of TV. There are likely more good TV shows than good movies these days. You are really missing out. So much great work. 

True Detective, Fargo, The Crown, Breaking Bad, Hell on Wheels, Homeland, Atlanta, first 5 seasons of Game of Thrones, Chernobyl, Justified, American Crime Story, Bloodlands, Mr. Robot, Hannibal, Electric dreams, Black earth rising, Mare of Easttown, the Great, Brave new world, Patriot, Six, Time, and Upload.
Not to mention an incredible number of great foreign series, such as Gomorra, Romanzo Criminale, Fauda, After life, Peaky Blinders, Sacred games, Broadchurch, Money Heist, Babylon Berlin, The Bridge, El Marginal, A very English scandal, The Bureau, Occupied, Temporada, Katla, Hanna, Start up, Baghdad Central.

I could go on, and on and on. This is truly the golden age of TV, and if you are not finding TV you like, either you need to splurge on Hulu, and Netflix, or expand your horizons. I am not talking about network TV anymore.

And I will not even venture to discuss reality TV, which I consider to be the lowest common denominator of American culture, and a large part of reason for the cultural demise of America.

You left out "Vikings", which you mentioned in a previous list.

Thank you for that - I watched 2 - 3 episodes/night of Seasons 1 - 3.

Most or at least a lot of IMDB'ers stated that it goes bad after that, altho I will probably take a look at Season 4 to see if I agree.

I've cut and pasted 2 previous lists of yours, this is the 3rd.

You also led me to "True Detectives" - I watched 1 and 3 as most people on IMDB hated 2.

I agree with you that Season 1 is the one to watch - minus the last 5 -1 0 minutes but engrossing up till then.

(Health alert -  There are so many cigarettes smoked that simply viewing it may cause lung cancer).

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, recom273 said:

After watching them all from the first, I can't believe that this is worth a watch, as they have got progressively worse over time - but I will give it a look - Can't beat bit of Vinnie. 

I've seen them all as well, I have to agree that they ARE NOT the best, slight understatement ???? but I needed to keep in the loop, if nothing else it passed an hour or so until bedtime ????????

• Like 1

“Wrath of Man” seen today at SFX. Menacing Guy Ritchie/ Statham Crime Action Drama. Zero Wokeness. Great Gunfight scenes. Unmissable.

Tomorrow Bond Is Back: “ No Time To Die” at SFX Big Screen !

First Showing here I come… 

“Foundation” series on Apple TV+ looking quite good after first three episodes, fourth available tomorrow. Asimov sci- fi classic set 22k years hence in human galactic empire (appears the later Dune pinched this idea somewhat ! 

” DUNE” understand at SFX 13 Oct…..hearing its riddled with wokeness.

Still a must see though. Herberts sci- fi masterpiece set 10k years hence.

Catching a Predator

RARBG

A documentary exploring the investigation into the horrifying crimes of Reynhard Sinaga. While the true extent of Sinaga’s offences will probably never be known, in 2020 he was prosecuted for 159 counts of rape against 48 men. This film tracks Greater Manchester police’s investigation and Sinaga’s conviction. 

19 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Cannot wait for the new series.

Have you seen this movie? It may help the wait.

This one's on Netflix. Only about 40-50 mins.

"Juan Catalan was arrested for a murder he didn't commit. To save his life, all he had to do was prove he was one of 56,000 people at a Dodgers Game that night. That's where Larry David comes in....".

• Thanks 1

My wife compares every American series to the following or CSI. For the past, what seems like 10 years or more she perks up with, when does CSI come back? Happy to say CSI has returned as CSI: Vegas.

Looks promising, same old characters, some new, same old cinematography tricks - like nothing has changed. 

• Like 1

On 10/6/2021 at 1:13 PM, Golden Triangle said:

Watched this last night, not too shabby at all, I used to live in Romford back in the 60's and there were some very shady characters knocking around then, so as the East End sprawl continued I can imagine it only got worse.

Very violent with a lot of swearing, don't let the kids see it ????

I watched this last night and TBH it was quite forgettable IMHO, as were the previous efforts in the footsoldier brand. I only watched it because "Vinny" was in it and he can put in some sterling performances (such as "Big Chris" in Lock, Stock, "Bullet Tooth Tony" in Snatch and "The Sphynx" in Gone in 60 seconds). Just my opinion of course. As I've stated previously, the world would be a pretty boring place if we all had the same likes, dislikes & opinions.

Edited by Mutt Daeng
  • Like 2

Savile: Portrait Of A Predator-----ITV   Thu 7 Oct

A documentary exploring how Jimmy Savile - now recognised as one of Britain's most prolific sex offenders - engineered his career and lifestyle to abuse and escape detection. Savile's decades-long career of abuse seriously affected the reputation of those who failed to stop him - most notably the BBC, hospital trusts and the police - once the truth emerged widely after his death ten years ago. Seen through the eyes of those who worked alongside him and investigated him after his death ten years ago, this programme features new testimonies from victims who bore witness to his crimes while providing a vivid insight into how he courted the Establishment as a way of protecting himself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

Savile: Portrait Of A Predator-----ITV   Thu 7 Oct

A documentary exploring how Jimmy Savile - now recognised as one of Britain's most prolific sex offenders - engineered his career and lifestyle to abuse and escape detection. Savile's decades-long career of abuse seriously affected the reputation of those who failed to stop him - most notably the BBC, hospital trusts and the police - once the truth emerged widely after his death ten years ago. Seen through the eyes of those who worked alongside him and investigated him after his death ten years ago, this programme features new testimonies from victims who bore witness to his crimes while providing a vivid insight into how he courted the Establishment as a way of protecting himself.

Johnny Rotten outed him in the 70's - Course no one listened, he was a Punk Rocker, so beneath other people.

14 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Am I the only person in the world who does not find Larry David to be the least bit funny? Felt the same way about Seinfeld, and Letterman. 

Obviously not the only one but your loss. I don’t get grouping Letterman with Larru David's shows though. 

• Like 2