What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2021)

CharlieH

3 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Season 3 of Brassic has started (Lime).

It gives me a laugh.

I have never come across this .. that's the crazy Irish vampire from "The Preacher" - Will give it a check, he is a pretty large character.

• Like 1

Wild District, by the creators of Narcos.

Just started watching series 2 (RARBG), it's quality.

Trailer is from series 1.

Summary: Jhon Jeiver, a lethal guerrilla fighter who escapes from the jungle after the signing and referendum of the Colombian Peace Agreements, arrives in Bogotá escaping from his past, and tries to reinsert himself into society.

• Thanks 1

On 10/3/2021 at 8:59 AM, Will27 said:

Watching this one on SBS On Demand.

Before searching I tried SBS

Picture quality pretty bad, and buffering all the time.

Can you view it OK ?

Got fibre line so speed not a problem - VPN maybe as they don't allow viewing from outside Aus

3 minutes ago, seedy said:

Can you view it OK ?

Got fibre line so speed not a problem - VPN maybe as they don't allow viewing from outside Aus

The old TH bandwidth again...  the tech I have gotten to know laughs at all this and says we are luck to get 3mb ...   all these tests not real

and waste of money on the "2000 mbs" ads....  there might be still the real highspeed option, as it bypasses the TH bottleneck to outside TH but not many I know want to pay 4k-5k / month for it.... might be more viable if apartments share router wifi on one account.  a few years back I want back to ADSL from fibre and it was faster...  yes, 10 years of this on 4 properties...  seems best to download during your browsing/whatever day and build a collection..  stick em on a drive and share with your local friends... 

9 minutes ago, seedy said:

Can you view it OK ?

You can pick what quality you want in video settings.

I have no buffering issues.

You will need a VPN.

Just watched the second episode of 24 hrs in police custody ,its mostly shot in Luton,the one thing i noticed was that in the whole 40 minutes the only white people i saw were the police in the police station.

Mind you i do enjoy it

Thanks to the guy who posted about The North Water,really enjoyed it

Edited by bert bloggs
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

Just watched the second episode of 24 hrs in police custody ,its mostly shot in Luton,the one thing i noticed was that in the whole 40 minutes the only white people i saw were the police in the police station.

Mind you i do enjoy it

Thanks to the guy who posted about The North Water,really enjoyed it

Not really surprising though, when you consider the whole episode was about feuding Arab gangs was it?

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

Haven't watch Eo2 yet Bert --but found the violence in E01....really quite disturbing.. ....Talk about someone who is just plain evil

12 hours ago, champers said:

Saw the movie Wrath of Man at Major in Pattaya today. Starring Jason Statham and directed by Guy Ritchie, it is standard JS shoot 'em up fare. Jeffrey Donovan and Scott Eastwood give good support; Eastwood is a spit for his dad in the Spaghetti Westerns. It was an enjoyable enough film, though a little long.

I liked this film. Awesome cast. Holt McCallany was great.

Based in part by the 2004 French film, Cash Truck.  https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0347330/

KIN

Will27 recommended it a while back --its coming up; for its 5th Episode. 2-morrow only 8 episodes --set in Dublin , a drug dealing family getting squeezed out by a larger dealer.  It evens out a little when one of the family (a hitman) is released from Prison.

Good drama good acting. IMO

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

Haven't watch Eo2 yet Bert --but found the violence in E01....really quite disturbing.. ....Talk about someone who is just plain evil

Will be interesting in to see what sentence he gets.

Comes up in a few weeks.

1 minute ago, sanuk711 said:

KIN

Will27 recommended it a while back --its coming up; for its 5th Episode. 2-morrow only 8 episodes --set in Dublin , a drug dealing family getting squeezed out by a larger dealer.  It evens out a little when one of the family (a hitman) is released from Prison.

Haven't seen any of it.

Waiting to download the whole series.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

KIN

Excellent tv series.

Series currently watching

Kin S1

Animal Kingdom S5

Goliath S4

American Rust S1

Gangs of London S1

Get Shorty S1

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Has anyone been watching Animal Kingdom series 5?

Just downloaded the whole season.

Interested to see how it goes without Smurf.

Busy watching that but it has many flashbacks with the younger Smurf and her children and how she came to be.

Preferred S1 and S2 of Animal Kingdom, after that it was downhill but still OK to watch.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

KIN

Kin,

Bit annoying really as it's obvious the family will be picked off if they don't kill Caesar.

Don't chase the minions, go for the boss.

Animal Kingdom,

Agree that the only thing good about the flashbacks is young Smurf's body, which we clearly won't be given a good look at.

Edited by BritManToo

Anyone watch the last Endeavour ? this season only has 3 Ep but the last one was --IMO really silly.

......................................Maybe Spoilers........

Don't want to do any spoilers, but a big snow storm, bus has to stop,  just out side of an old hotel that had been abandoned for the last 8 years, because of a grizzly murder that took place there. So all 8 took shelter, took them about 5 minutes to get all the lights on and woe and behold, there was lots of drink sitting there , tables still made, &  no dust.......got a fire going, everything good--except for the phone--surprise so they couldn't call for help.---then found a big unopened safe in the office...........and your never guess what starts happening next...........

I dont know what the good citizens of Oxford were like--but an empty drum like that around my manor wouldn't have lasted 8 minutes let alone 8 years.

Pity I used to enjoy that series ......................:coffee1:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sanuk711 said:

Quite a lot of violence in ep 2 ,but between muslim drug gangs.

I remember Luton back in the 70s and eighties when it was just a working class town with very few immigrants and you never saw the violence there like now,but then it was England ,now its a foregn land

• Like 1

On 1/4/2021 at 8:32 PM, bodga said:

Watching the worlds  hottest  woman ................. struth shes  soooooooooooooooooooooo nice

She was unbelievably stunning as a youth. She still looks pretty good. I put her up there with a young Pheobe Cates. 

intro-1591203292.jpg

On 10/5/2021 at 3:24 AM, LetsGoBrandon said:

I felt compelled to watch this and came away disappointed. Young Tony didn't cut it...all the other amazing characters were caricatures...and they just had to create that woke whites hate blacks angle to stay relevant.

I did like the ending where the tv music came on while young Tony stares at the coffin...that was dope.

Sorry to intervene, but isn't "woke white hate blacks", the opposite of meaning of woke? I do not really know, as I do not do PC. 

21 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

She was unbelievably stunning as a youth. She still looks pretty good. I put her up there with a young Pheobe Cates. 

intro-1591203292.jpg

Nice - but does not hold a candle to a young Salma Hayek

salma.jpg

Edited by seedy
  • Like 2

On 9/29/2021 at 12:56 PM, BritManToo said:

Watched 10 minutes ........ the most woke multi cultural garbage imaginable.

The actors are the most completely hopeless ever, and just seem to have been employed on the basis of not being white.

I will check it out. I do not do PC, so may not be able to get through it. Having said that I love color, so people of all sorts of ethnicities in a show is a total turn on. 

On 9/22/2021 at 8:06 AM, Will27 said:

Muhammad Ali 

New 4 part documentary series by Ken Burns is getting great reviews.
Starting to appear now (Lime).

thanks. they made the man, and then they broke the mold. what a guy. what a personality. what a boxer. wow. entertaining from start to finish. cannot get enough of Ali! 

• Like 1

Watched this last night, not too shabby at all, I used to live in Romford back in the 60's and there were some very shady characters knocking around then, so as the East End sprawl continued I can imagine it only got worse.

Very violent with a lot of swearing, don't let the kids see it ????