What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2021)

CharlieH

Tried “ 12 Monkeys “ ( tv series )

7.7 IMDb 

Sounded interesting, time traveler comes back from 2043 to 2015 to stop a plague which kills 7 billion of the population.

With a good IMDb rating and 4 seasons it must have something about it I couldn’t get into after 3 episodes.

Resorted to “ Jack Irish “ ( tv series ) which i have been saving for a rainy day .

Guy Pearce stars as Jack, a one time lawyer now part time investigator who has a knack of taking small cases which invariably turn out to be much more than first imagined . Aided by an oddball assortment of friends makes this detective drama lightly humorous.

Much more to my liking and enjoying it.

• Like 2

Just watching the first episode of One Lane Bridge S02 that aired last night - I looked for a trailer but found a the whole episode on YouTube.

Another documentary movie that caught my eye The projectionist, directed by Abel Ferrara.

Edited by recom273

Homicide with Ron Iddles

New Aussie crime series just started.

Summary: Homicide with Ron Iddles goes behind the news headlines on a minute-by-minute journey with one of Australia’s greatest detectives as he searches for truth. 

In this series Ron Iddles reveals the untold stories of his most challenging cases. The master detective spent 25 years investigating homicides for Victoria Police. He worked on more than 320 homicide cases and his success rate for solving murders was unprecedented.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Will27 said:

The Newsreader

New Aussie series just started.
Episode 1 on RARBG.

Summary: Set in the tumultuous world of a television newsroom, it turns out the real drama happens off-camera.

The Newsreader

Given an 8 rating by IMDB but  "Complete and utter nonsense" by a review.

So you takes your pick and makes your choice ????‍♂️

42 minutes ago, Daffy D said:

The Newsreader

So you takes your pick and makes your choice ????‍♂️

Not many people have seen it.

If I'm going purely off reviews, I normally use Rotten Tomatoes critics, not some unknown in IMDB.

5 hours ago, Daffy D said:

The Newsreader

So you takes your pick and makes your choice 

Basically--Daffy, even if its terrific & a 10.... its not going to be terrific & a 10 for some people.

Just different tastes -- I just try to give a tick (recognition) to anyone thats gone out of their way

to tell me about a program --even though I might end up not liking it.

The great thing about this downloading,- is you can't really get it wrong

Because.........It's all FREE...................:w00t:

2 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

Basically--Daffy, even if its terrific & a 10.... its not going to be terrific & a 10 for some people.

Just different tastes -- I just try to give a tick (recognition) to anyone thats gone out of their way

to tell me about a program --even though I might end up not liking it.

The great thing about this downloading,- is you can't really get it wrong

Because.........It's all FREE...................:w00t:

Ain't that the truth.

Just imagine if we had to pay for all these downloads........

How would you decide what to spend your money on :w00t:

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Resorted to “ Jack Irish “ ( tv series ) which i have been saving for a rainy day .

Guy Pearce stars as Jack, a one time lawyer now part time investigator who has a knack of taking small cases which invariably turn out to be much more than first imagined . Aided by an oddball assortment of friends makes this detective drama lightly humorous.

Much more to my liking and enjoying it.

Yer its good stuff Andrew--but if your catching up with it, can be confusing, 3 TV series--2 TV Movies  one set in P.I. so some sites have it as 5 series. What happens in the TV movies reflects on the TV series.... The Filipino girls comes in from one movie into the TV series--same with his G/F breakup. ...So go by the release dates of them on IMDB.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Daffy D said:

Ain't that the truth.

Just imagine if we had to pay for all these downloads........

How would you decide what to spend your money on

And for me its been a life saver in lock-downs......I am already going a little Stir crazy, just imaging if i had to just sit and watch Fox-BBC all day.---Why the "sad"  JingThing

Edited by sanuk711

18 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

Yer its good stuff Andrew--but if your catching up with it, can be confusing, 3 TV series--2 TV Movies  one set in P.I. so some sites have it as 5 series. What happens in the TV movies reflects on the TV series.... The Filipino girls comes in from one movie into the TV series--same with his G/F breakup. ...So go by the release dates of them on IMDB.

Yes, it’s not crystal clear on IMDb !!

According to them, there’s 3 series ( 2016, 2018 and 2021 ) but then what looks like 3 TV movies ( 2012, 2012 , and 2014 ) ??

I thought I had this sorted but now I’m not so sure .

7460C146-C3F5-44BC-B67D-AE136B939A9E.thumb.png.ef7139aa27e0101c49734551896a1e1c.png

10 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Okay, for anyone confused about the order of Jack Irish ( I know I am ) this link gives us the timeline, basically 3 TV movies ( 2012, 2012, 2014 ) followed by 3 TV series ( 2016, 2018, 2021 )

A complete guide to the twisted, crime-filled universe of Jack Irish

https://www.nme.com/en_au/features/film-features/jack-irish-guy-pearce-complete-guide-final-season-2966950

Opps didn't  see your last post...............DUH.....................????

Edited by sanuk711
Messed it up

8 hours ago, Will27 said:

Not many people have seen it.

If I'm going purely off reviews, I normally use Rotten Tomatoes critics, not some unknown in IMDB.

Just finished watching first episode of The Newsreader and thought it was quite good.

Th characters seem interesting and could develop quite well. 

I'd go along with IMBD and give it a 8

:smile: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Watched the first part of Deceit last night:-

Deceit   (My Name is Lizzie)  4 part TV Mini Series 2021

My Name is Lizzie tells the story surrounding the investigation into the murder of 23-year-old mum Rachel Nickell who was stabbed to death more than 40 times and sexually assaulted on Wimbledon Common in 1992. The creators of the drama have access to previously unheard audio, video and written materials to make the series

"as a drama, I think its been brilliant, I've really enjoyed it, I put it on intending to watch one episode and ended up watching all 4, it's incredibly well acted, Niamh Algar was superb and I love everything she's been in of recent" 

Ignore the first few minutes which are only there to set up the main character as a undercover girl.

Hope the remaining episodes are just as good  ????

Available with subs on RARBG 

• Like 2

Don't want to seem like I'm hogging this page but got another movie that should be of interest:-

Snowden   2016  -  Oliver Stone movie. 

The NSA's illegal surveillance techniques are leaked to the public by one of the agency's employees, Edward Snowden, in the form of thousands of classified documents distributed to the press.

Available with subs on  133x

:thumbsup:

• Like 1

Manhunt: The Railway Killers

Episode 1 was quite good.
RARBG

Summary: A new three-part Channel 5 documentary is retracing the investigation into two killers, John Francis Duffy and David Mulcahy.

Known as the “Railway Rapists” and the “Railway Killers”, the pair attacked women and children at railway stations in southern England during the 1980s.

• Thanks 1

Annika has dropped---- episode 1 -------Nicola Waters

----------------------------------------------------------------

Been watching Poker--- the prize money was a surprise, I was watching the 2006 WOSP  first prize $us 12 million

and it goes right down from there---the total prize money they gave was over $us82,million thats gotta be one of the largest pay out comps in the world surly.

..... I find it amazing how they can stare & Stare then guess what the other guy has got.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Watched the ---- Rigs of Nigg----Doco

It is the early 70s, and oil has been discovered in the North Sea.

Rigs of Nigg is the story of how over 5,000 men, sought locally and from across the globe, came together to create structures previously thought to be unbuildable and to withstand elements considered unsurvivable.

Their search for a location to build the platforms settles on the sleepy Highland bay of Nigg on the Cromarty Firth, and a way of life is changed for ever.

the 1970s & the UK needed Oil desperately-- so starting wage was 400%  more then any locale job,--which brought the farming industry in the Area to a halt.

• Thanks 1

Deceit ( 2021 ) 

tv series, 4 eps

6.9 imdb 

As a psychological thriller it lacks a little and is slow in places, the storyline is a little transparent also.

But, as a detective drama it is alright and its saving grace is that it tells a true story.

As has been common recently it highlights the incompetence of the British police force.

I would give it 6.5/10.0

• Like 2