Thailand reports 315 new COVID-19 cases

rooster59

2 hours ago, Virt said:

They could start taking sewer samples across the country since covid-19 can be detected like that. 

That's an easy and cheap way to see how massive the problem is.

They couldnt organize themselves to find used condoms in the garbage of Pattaya....... let alone Covid in the sewers nationwide.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dcnx said:

Around 9% of the Thai population is diabetic. You can do the math on that. 

I'm not arguing, as I don't know. Where did you get the figures from?

The two searches I did showed 7% and 7.7%.

source: https://www.indexmundi.com/facts/indicators/SH.STA.DIAB.ZS/rankings

source: https://www.allcountries.org/ranks/diabetes_prevalence_country_ranks.html

20 minutes ago, sapson said:

Do you have a source for the Thailand figures?

Would really like to know what the daily test numbers are now and where, to put some perspective on the daily positive figures.

Sure this information is still elusive.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/   Thailand does not seem to update total number of tests ,that figure has not changed for 3 days ...

DA57F195-45AE-464F-A0AA-602164FC8D38.thumb.png.05457f53f30c0e898530b8b0acef9024.png

Edited by taninthai

17 minutes ago, taninthai said:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/   Thailand does not seem to update total number of tests ,that figure has not changed for 3 days ...

DA57F195-45AE-464F-A0AA-602164FC8D38.thumb.png.05457f53f30c0e898530b8b0acef9024.png

Do this list by the amount of Tests per population from low to high, and Thailand is the 53 Worst in the world, but look at those above it Yemen, PNG, Haiti, Niger, and other African countries plus two passenger ships!!!

Edited by beano2274
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, taninthai said:

I had an operation in a government hospital in March stayed 2 nights my bed was outside in the corridor with 5 others........why would they have beds outside in the corridor?
thai hospitals are pretty much always full virus or no virus.

52AE8A10-9A39-465A-A38E-398B1B7DBA13.jpeg.f582f268ed66e98d1fbcd1b1096de654.jpeg

picture of my bed ....to be honest was a lot better being outside in fresh air than inside in the grim looking ward????????????

Try a private hospital next time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, bluesofa said:

I keep reading about Thai doctors telling the general population to stop consuming so much sugar in their diet, as the number of diabetics is increasing alarmingly.

We all know how much sugar is added to Thai food as they do like the sweet taste.

My friend has two members of his wife's family who have fairly recently become diabetics in their forties.

Plus the fact they are getting less exercise now than they used to (not as much manual work as there was)

Its not just sugar its also refined white rice which has a similar effect to eating sugar. Refined white rice as any doctor will tell you is total carbohydrates just like sugar and is a growing menace in the far east causing diabetes at a fairly young age. Look up the history of white rice which is a fairly new food source and the growing obesity in the far east population. I've seen this happening in Thailand over the years (20) I have been here or visiting, initially fat kids or people were a great rarity but not today its not all down to sugar or western junk food there is a far more dangerous unseen problem happening with the Thai population on a daily basis due to eating white/processed rice.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dinsdale said:

News coming out of Samut Sakhon is 541 today.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/samut-sakhon-reports-541-new-covid-19-cases-sunday-afternoon/

"According to the Samut Sakhon Facebook page, 455 migrant workers and 86 Thais are newly infected, raising accumulated cases in the province to 2,401 since the middle of December. "

These are provincial results announced about 2pm

3 minutes ago, sapson said:

No mention from how many were tested daily in relation to these 541 positives, the percentage would be interesting.

There was a report in the last few days about tests still being processed from Samut Sakhon, I can't find that report, but my recollection was that it was between 1,000 and 2,000.

Should we assume that these 541 are incremental to the 315, and that these will be included in the CCSA numbers tomorrow?

• Like 2

Dr. Taweesin Visanuyothin has stated that roughly 90% of the current cases of Covid-19 in Thailand are asymptomatic-meaning showing no signs of illness  
Only roughly 1-2 percent of the cases so far in the clusters across the country were serious, the CCSA had added earlier this week.  

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Jim Morrison said:
 Dr. Taweesin Visanuyothin has stated that roughly 90% of the current cases of Covid-19 in Thailand are asymptomatic-meaning showing no signs of illness  
Only roughly 1-2 percent of the cases so far in the clusters across the country were serious, the CCSA had added earlier this week.  

okay thanks for the update that's good to know 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Jim Morrison said:

What Dr. Taweesin Visanuyothin means is that 90% are asymptomatic at the time of testing. He does not mean 90% are true asymptomatic cases. Worldwide 80% of all cases go on to develop symptoms.  

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Jim Morrison said:

So Dr Taweesin, how were the asymptomatic cases found, by testing? so what about the other 68million that have not been tested, how many asymptomatic cases will there be there, they show no signs of the illness but can contaminate others!!1

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ChipButty said:

It's looking good

I'm sorry to have to agree with you and would be very pleased if we were both wrong.  

Thailand has not seen the hospitals crowded with COVID cases yet.  Have cancer and want treatment?  Too bad, back of the line.  Doctors can only work so many days with little sleep.  

It is not good.  

15 hours ago, cryo said:

Its not just sugar its also refined white rice which has a similar effect to eating sugar. Refined white rice as any doctor will tell you is total carbohydrates just like sugar and is a growing menace in the far east causing diabetes at a fairly young age. Look up the history of white rice which is a fairly new food source and the growing obesity in the far east population. I've seen this happening in Thailand over the years (20) I have been here or visiting, initially fat kids or people were a great rarity but not today its not all down to sugar or western junk food there is a far more dangerous unseen problem happening with the Thai population on a daily basis due to eating white/processed rice.

Yes, I just remember doctors specifically mentioning added sugar referring to Thai dishes.

Now I'm not certain on this, but apparently sticky rice is even worse than ordinary rice - regarding sugar content?

We buy red or brown rice as it is less processed (hopefully!)

I'm sure we all remember the phrase 'monkey house rice' which referred to the cheaper, unprocessed rice served in prisons.

Now that more people realise it's better for you, the price has increased accordingly. Supply and demand I suppose.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Virt said:

We actually don't know since they don't publish the infection rate.

It's below 1 the outbreak is declining, and if higher it's spreading. 

315 cases itself would be an extremely small amount of cases for a country that size, if Thailand tested like Europe does. 

I might be naive but I still think Thailand can go through this without a need for lockdowns again. 

I agree, but can and will are two different things. You never can tell what the unelected "PM" and his soldiers are thinking at any one time.