Thai wife needs to return to see father who is in ICU.

markah

My wife needs to return to Thailand to see her Father who is in ICU unrelated to Covid. Is there anyway she would be able to get around Quarantine? 

Any help or advice would be appreciated. 

Thank you. 

Edited by markah
Spelling
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, markah said:

My wife needs to return to Thailand to see her Father who is in ICU unrelated to Covid. Is there anyway she would be able to get around Quarantine? 

Thank you. 

via myanmar ????

just kidding

Edited by Bender Rodriguez

Unfortunately ASQ would be the least of her worries.  There's no way that the hospital will let her anywhere near him.  There's just too many risks.  The big question is where's she coming from if UK forget it they won't even let her in the country. Sorry guy I feel for her.  My gf wanted to go visit her parents at NYE but because they are sick and older she couldn't because she's continually worried that she might be carrying it from working at hospital in BKK

• Like 2

2 hours ago, wmlc said:

Absolutely not! What are the reasons she needs to avoid ASQ? How long has her father been in OCI. If it is more than 1 day, she could have arranged to come back already. I understand her father is in ICU but if it was my father in ICU, I would be doing my tests, booking my flights and ASQ immediately. I wouldn’t be on a forum trying to get info about how to avoid ASQ. The sooner she arrives, the sooner she will be out of ASQ. I suggest stop wasting time and get moving with her repatriation. Have her call the Thai embassy to start the process and if anyone can help under this situation, only they can help. Not us in a forum!!!

Yeah she is doing all that. I'm the one on a forum seeing if anything else can be done to get her through quicker. Thanks for you input. 

• Like 2

Just to give you a perspective, just heard about someone in America who flew to see their 98 year old parent, who is dying from dementia.

They got PCR Covid tests before and after the trip.  Negative 3 days after coming back.

Then, the 98 year old parent tested positive.

Then the person tested positive.

Either the parent gave the child Covid or they got it traveling.

May I suggest using a MOBILE PHONE with Line and making VIDEO CALLS to parent in ICU, maybe with the help of a nurse or cousin.

• Sad 1

On 1/5/2021 at 6:58 AM, markah said:

Thank you. 

Are you SERIOUS  ??????

• Sad 3

18 hours ago, ronaldo0 said:

Even if she went through ASQ I think it would be highly unlikely they will let her in to see him . My wife just took her father to hospital and if you aren’t the person needing treatment you need stay outside the hospital. This is in mahasarakam where there is very little COVID if any . 

Good idea. In California you can not go to the hospital to see someone. Very difficult but good idea.

5 hours ago, Iron Tongue said:

Hasn't Thailand put a travel ban on flights from the UK?  If not, your wife already needs to be travelling if a ban isn't in place yet, and plan alternate routes through open countries.

I heard this also.

5 hours ago, Iron Tongue said:

Hasn't Thailand put a travel ban on flights from the UK?  If not, your wife already needs to be travelling if a ban isn't in place yet, and plan alternate routes through open countries.

11 minutes ago, ThaiPauly said:

I heard this also.

The suggestion was knocked on the head.