Leave your guns at home, Washington police warn pro-Trump rally-goers

webfact

18 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Having a law that predicts that outcome does not invalidate the comparison.

it does go to show humans are predictable,

it is predictable that humans on internet will default on equalizing whomever

and whatever they are arguing against, with hitler/nazi,

and the probability goes to 1 the longer they argue.

its inevitable, the most primal of human motivation

and acting

Edited by scammed

6 hours ago, Lacessit said:

IMO any Trump supporter found with a firearm at a rally should be arrested immediately, banned from any further participation, and fined $20,000

And hopefully lose their gun license. That would probably hurt them the most, so that could be the biggest deterrent. 

• Like 1

Just now, Walker88 said:

I tried to write something both factual and neutral, hoping it would explain the quite arcane rules regarding gun ownership in the US, as it differs so markedly from the rest of the civilized world. If not neutral, I only would have invited pages of bickering between those on either side of the gun argument. Finally, I wanted to show what trouble the proud boys could have if they carry in DC over the next few days.

In the US, the debate about the 2nd Amendment will never end.

...and you did a very good job of it...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lacessit said:

One day, I am expecting someone to conduct a massacre in America with a surplus tank. It just keeps escalating.

It doesn't say anywhere in the 2nd amendment where I can't have a nuclear weapon. I want a nuclear bomb! Muh FREEDOM!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, J Town said:

It doesn't say anywhere in the 2nd amendment where I can't have a nuclear weapon. I want a nuclear bomb! Muh FREEDOM!

Uranium, hydrogen or cobalt? Neutrons anyone?  They don't damage property

8 hours ago, Lacessit said:

The quality of Trump supporters is there for the world to see. Death threats to officials whose only crime was to preside over free and fair elections.

https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/story/2020-12-14/why-a-life-long-republican-took-on-trump-and-his-job-isnt-yet-done

IMO any Trump supporter found with a firearm at a rally should be arrested immediately, banned from any further participation, and fined $20,000.

Perhaps Trump can turn pardons into a sausage machine for said supporters. I would not put it past him.

wondering when the first challenge of irrational and controversially pardons will be filed in court. 

These Republican Party supporters although their distaste for the Democratic Party is understandable, they are among the worst of Americans along with American Values, IMO.

They keep the poor down. Anyone who is a supporter of that Republican Party surely deserves a mouthful. Half of em are quite ill informed and unpatriotic. Along with lacking any real ideology.

????????

• Like 2

Here is a congress member demonstrating the insanity of a gun culture.

"'A newly elected congresswoman raised the issue of firearms in the capital on Sunday, pledging to carry her handgun in Congress.''

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/jan/05/trump-protesters-warned-not-to-carry-guns-as-washington-dc-calls-up-national-guard

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lacessit said:

One day, I am expecting someone to conduct a massacre in America with a surplus tank. It just keeps escalating.

The Founding Fathers never imagined one day there would be guns that could kill and injure hundreds of people in a few o crush quite  few  cars minutes.

I would suggest keeping the Second Amendment. It's almost sacred in the US psyche.  However, the ordinary citizen would only be allowed a weapon that could fire a single shot, and had to be reloaded by hand each time.

It probably would not do much for the suicide rate, but it sure as hell would reduce the number of multiple homicides and gun massacres. It would also make Americans think far more carefully before they reached for a firearm.

Has been attempted already. Not exactly a surplus  tank and luckily had no live rounds of any sort. managed to crush quite a few  cars before he got stopped and shot !

'enlisted National Guard troops'

An example of legally invoking martial law by the  D.C. government to supplement local authorities enforcement of legislatived laws.

Not remotely similar to Gen. (retired) Flynn idea of Trump using martial law to overturn legislated laws.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Lacessit said:

The quality of Trump supporters is there for the world to see. Death threats to officials whose only crime was to preside over free and fair elections.

https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/story/2020-12-14/why-a-life-long-republican-took-on-trump-and-his-job-isnt-yet-done

IMO any Trump supporter found with a firearm at a rally should be arrested immediately, banned from any further participation, and fined $20,000.

Perhaps Trump can turn pardons into a sausage machine for said supporters. I would not put it past him.

8 hours ago, Tagged said:

I know thats your right, to bring your gun to protect yourself, but for anyone who is brought up in Europe, it sounds insane and unbeliveable that anyone with common sense would bring weapons to a demostration. Deleted up big time

@ Tagged,  Yep, agree with that. It leaves peaceful demonstrators in a precarious situation because it is not beyond the realms of possibility that non-Trump supporters might do the same. But maybe Lacessit doesn't include non-Trump supporters being arrested. IMO All in the crowd of demonstrators found with a firearm should be arrested.

• Like 1