Pattaya Covid Hospitalization

TyJames

15 hours ago, Sheryl said:

At the pricest international hospitals in Bangkok it is about 6,000.

At government facilities about 3,500.

At these prices, you wonder whose pockets are going to get lined. I bet the unelected "PM" and his generals pockets won't be far away.

1 minute ago, possum1931 said:

At these prices, you wonder whose pockets are going to get lined. I bet the unelected "PM" and his generals pockets won't be far away.

The locally produced AZ jab is owned by Crown Properties.

Just now, Jeffr2 said:

The locally produced AZ jab is owned by Crown Properties.

I was referring to the cost of the covid tests. What made you think I was referring to the AZ jab? Anyway, the unelected "PM" and his generals noses will be in the trough somewhere along the line I would think.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

I was referring to the cost of the covid tests. What made you think I was referring to the AZ jab? Anyway, the unelected "PM" and his generals noses will be in the trough somewhere along the line I would think.

Sorry!  Just read that today and was a bit surprised....

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Leaver said:

Here's an article showing it's free in the UK, if you have symptoms.  Once again, mass testing.

The UK introduced mass testing some time ago, did it stop the number of infections rising?

It is a yes or no answer.

3 minutes ago, sandyf said:

The UK introduced mass testing some time ago, did it stop the number of infections rising?

It is a yes or no answer.

No, it didn't.  Reason being, mass testing needs to be implemented along side lock downs, contact tracing, and quarantine.  Mass testing alone is not the solution.

Thailand now has the lock down, and if they quarantine the provinces, and then mass test those feeling ill with symptoms, then contact trace and test them, they will be able to flatten the curve. 

At the moment, the curve is on the way up, steeply.  A lock down goes some way to stopping the spread, but a lock down alone is not enough.   

4 hours ago, Guderian said:

Don't forget that there's a flu bug going around at the moment which is infecting far more people than Covid as there are no measures being taken to control it.

You are quite free to consider the free flu jab programs as "no measures".

I used to get it free at Chonburi hospital but last year they stopped doing it for foreigners and I just pay for it at Bang Saen about 350 baht.

5 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

The safest thing for the individual is to stay isolated at home, then there's not contact with anyone.

It's the asymptomatic cases that are the 'super spreaders'

No.

There is a window period in which everyone with the disease can spread it, before they feel ill themselves, if they feel ill.  

It's that period when the virus has replicated enough inside you to be contagious, but is not in big enough numbers to make the host feel ill.  It is in this time that people carry on as normal.  Eg. shopping, socializing etc.  

Once the individual feels ill, they should be tested, and if covid, the contact tracers need to get in touch with everyone you socialized with and test them, and any staff in the shops where you went, any taxi diver etc etc.   Of course, the individual should then be quarantined.

This is why many other countries are doing mass testing, to try to "get ahead" of the virus spread. Governments are urging their citizens to come forward and get tested, If you have symptoms.

Feeling ill yourself, and just self isolating, is the responsible thing to do, but doesn't go far enough.  

1 hour ago, RayongBudgie said:

Well my appointment with Cardiologist is put back three months so if that's any sign. Makes me wonder tho if I need him at all ????

You should try Bang Saen. I was there yesterday morning, cardiologist was the first doctor to turn up at around 09.10 with very few waiting. I was waiting for the dermatologist and about 9.45 before she showed her face. I was second in and on my way home less than half hour after she turned up.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Leaver said:

No, it didn't.  Reason being, mass testing needs to be implemented along side lock downs, contact tracing, and quarantine.  Mass testing alone is not the solution.

Thailand now has the lock down, and if they quarantine the provinces, and then mass test those feeling ill with symptoms, then contact trace and test them, they will be able to flatten the curve. 

At the moment, the curve is on the way up, steeply.  A lock down goes some way to stopping the spread, but a lock down alone is not enough.   

Mass testing has not been proved by anyone to be more effective than targeted testing.

Why on earth should Thailand follow a policy that has led to nearly 60,000 infections a day.

Whether you want to believe it or not, Thailand has had a fairly successful policy with targeted testing and contact tracing. Maybe you think that the 4000+ migrants in quarantine went there of their own accord.

5 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

I'm on the mailing list for Phayathai Sri Racha and jus rteceived this:

Dear All,

Happy New Near 2021 and hope you are all well in these trying times.

Phyathai Sriracha Hospital now have COVID testing on special offer for 3,700 baht (includes service fee etc)

and is available 7 days a week from 9:00 am - 3:00 pm. No appointment needed as it's a walk in service.

For more information email [email protected] or call 089 7500293

Best regards,

Gavin Waddell

International Marketing Manager

Phyathai Sriracha Hospital

[email protected]

Tel: 089 7500293

BPH also offer for 3800thb.

• Like 1

OP, 

Just like any other affliction or infection; Walk into any hospital and request a swab test and lab analysis. 

Or, if your annual physical medical exam is coming up, include it with the blood panel and urine work. 

Since we all decided to live in a second world country, we all should be tested for communicable diseases every year before Covid. Hepatitis, Dungy, ebola, etc., etc.

It would behoove us all to continue or increase personal screeningg annually or bi-anual in a post Covid World. 

5 hours ago, sandyf said:

Mass testing has not been proved by anyone to be more effective than targeted testing.

The more testing the better.  Who cares about the cost?  Targeted, and anyone else who displays symptoms, test them all.  What's wrong with that?  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Sheryl said:

I'm on the mailing list for Phayathai Sri Racha and jus rteceived this:

Dear All,

Phyathai Sriracha Hospital now have COVID testing on special offer for 3,700 baht (includes service fee etc)

and is available 7 days a week from 9:00 am - 3:00 pm. No appointment needed as it's a walk in service.

Best regards,

Gavin Waddell

[email protected]

That's one way to stop the case numbers going up.  ????

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, actonion said:

I read somewhere yesterday  that phaya thai hospital in Sriracha are doing Covid tests  3000 plus  baht, walk in 

3700 is mentioned here.

Edited by jacko45k

Re posted again for information:

Dear All,

Best regards,

Gavin Waddell

[email protected]

@David gilbert As you started another thread: I just wonder how many would test positive if mass testing as in uk were carried out? There doesn't seem to be any in Chonburi unless you go to hospital and pay 6,500 bht

This is a quite useless question, that was asked a lot during the first wave of Covid in Thailand. They managed that with flying colors, and everyone asked the same as you are doing now. Let´s just hope they can steer us clear from this second wave. They managed the first week after new year travel without any thing that lifts the eyebrows. Only one week left to see if they got lucky.

On 1/5/2021 at 10:39 AM, WuhanVagabond said:

It's not like the world's population has magically stopped having regular colds and flu because of the Chinese virus;

No other illnesses haven't stopped, but the precautions for Covid also affect the numbers of transmissions for colds and flu.

The key statistics are excess deaths and hospitalisation figures

3 hours ago, Dagfinnur Traustason said:

@David gilbert As you started another thread: I just wonder how many would test positive if mass testing as in uk were carried out? There doesn't seem to be any in Chonburi unless you go to hospital and pay 6,500 bht

This is a quite useless question, that was asked a lot during the first wave of Covid in Thailand. They managed that with flying colors, and everyone asked the same as you are doing now. Let´s just hope they can steer us clear from this second wave. They managed the first week after new year travel without any thing that lifts the eyebrows. Only one week left to see if they got lucky.

Until this week there has been no mass testing in the UK

2 hours ago, Dagfinnur Traustason said:

I meant that prople talking about mass testing and the need for that in Thailand. They managed well the first wave, and will do it again without.

It is experience of many countries that the 2nd wave is bigger than theorist......and who knows, there may be a third.  so far Thailand has et off very lightly with Covid. Why is not so obvious..... It may be management, or a strict military regime, climate or just good luck. 

One thing that is certain if Covid showed up in similar numbers to the West, the healthcare system in Thailand would not cope....in fat the level at which it would collapse has not been identified ...... Testing is the best defence - and organising mass testing is again a difficult task for any country. Remember the vaccines will probably not have significant effect until the end of this year.