Car audio man burnt to death in workshop accident in Chonburi

webfact

Car audio man burnt to death in workshop accident in Chonburi

11pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

The owner of a car audio business called Folk in Soi Merry, Muang Chonburi, burned to death inside a pick-up. 

He had been working on installing an audio system for a customer. 

Sitthichai, 34, was incinerated beyond all recognition inside the Chevy Colorado. 

A neighboring mechanic called Khamrit had seen him go into the workshop before hearing an explosion. He tried to rescue Sitthichai but the doors were locked. 

He tried to use a hammer to break the windows but the speed with which the flames rose proved to be too much. 

He suspected that the leads to a dry battery had caused the explosion and fire. 

Muang Chonburi police are investigating. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-01-06

• Sad 1

Did he spontaneously combust?  Very few cases but it does happen.  Will be interesting to see what they determine as the cause of the fire, either him or a short in the vehicle wiring ignited.  Either way RIP sir, hopefully you are reincarnated to a better life.

1 hour ago, jaiyen said:

Very few people know that the stems on the headrest are designed to be capable of smashing the windows. However, you need to tip the seat back in order to remove the headrest. I have never known any car company inform buyers about this. 

A key will do the same, if protruding from a clenched fist.  

6 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Did he spontaneously combust?  Very few cases but it does happen.  Will be interesting to see what they determine as the cause of the fire, either him or a short in the vehicle wiring ignited.  Either way RIP sir, hopefully you are reincarnated to a better life.

They might not bother investigating. In Thailand, what's done is done. Discovering the cause benefits no-one at all. The idea that people might learn from what went wrong would never occur to them. That is Stage 2 thinking, which Thais do not progress to much of the time.

8 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

They might not bother investigating. In Thailand, what's done is done. Discovering the cause benefits no-one at all. The idea that people might learn from what went wrong would never occur to them. That is Stage 2 thinking, which Thais do not progress to much of the time.

Would investigating a potential murder be stage 2?  

7 hours ago, KannikaP said:

That's a new one! There must have been some fuel leakage to be ignited. 

Not at all.

https://www.google.co.th/search?q=youtube+lithium+battery+exploding&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=de-th&client=safari

11 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

That sounds like a bit of an urban myth to me. If they were so designed, I'm sure that the auto world would have let us all know about it.

I wonder how many people have actually tried to remove a head restraint. (that's the correct name BTW) They can be very stubborn. Not the sort of thing one would want to be doing in a stressed out situation.

I call B/S on that one.

Looks like you called it right.

https://carseatblog.com/38120/mythbusters-vehicle-headrests-are-meant-to-break-vehicle-windows/

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, brianthainess said:

Battery gases will explode given a spark, not sure what they mean by dry battery though.

A 'dry battery' is a term I've heard for describing a modern low maintenance battery, which has a gel electrolyte rather than the old sulphuric acid/water type.

I would still suspect that the explosion somehow centered around the battery. The engineer was installing a sound system and as such he would be disturbing the wiring. He could have created a short circuit which overheated the the wiring and the battery.

42 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

He could have created a short circuit which overheated the the wiring and the battery.

Sounds unlikely.... there are fuses designed to open before wiring is compromised, batteries can deliver a lot of current but you don't hear of them exploding. One has to suspect fuel was involved... or a container of it or gas.

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Sounds unlikely.... there are fuses designed to open before wiring is compromised, batteries can deliver a lot of current but you don't hear of them exploding. One has to suspect fuel was involved... or a container of it or gas.

A fuel fire or explosion has to have a means of ignition. An electrical spark or fire is the most likely source in a vehicle. And it isn't just cars. Do you remember the battery fires in the Boeing 787?

On 1/6/2021 at 1:31 PM, ThailandRyan said:

we will NEVER GET TO KNOW..... WILL WE???

22 hours ago, Moonlover said:

That sounds like a bit of an urban myth to me. If they were so designed, I'm sure that the auto world would have let us all know about it.

I wonder how many people have actually tried to remove a head restraint. (that's the correct name BTW) They can be very stubborn. Not the sort of thing one would want to be doing in a stressed out situation.

I call B/S on that one.

Not being aware of something does not make it an urban myth or BS (google it). I knew of this, although not sure how widely known it is as you are correct, car manufactures don’t mention it probably because its not foolproof. IMO that the head restraints can smash a car window is more of a secondary design benefit. 

Someone mentioned the ‘key in a clenched fist’ - I’m not sure if that will work. 

Agreed - defiantly not thing I’d want do be doing in a stressed out situation while on fire or in submerging car.