Almost 700 asymptomatic patients admitted to field hospitals for observation

rooster59

Almost 700 asymptomatic patients admitted to field hospitals for observation

field-hospital.jpg

686 asymptomatic COVID-19-infected patients have been admitted to field hospitals in Thailand’s Red Zone provinces of Samut Sakhon, Rayong, Chon Buri and Chanthaburi for observation, said Dr. Veeravuth Imsamran, deputy director-general of the Medical Science Department, today (Friday).

He maintained that the existing field hospitals have sufficient in-patient beds, totaling 1,316, including 872 in Samut Sakhon and the rest in the other three coastal provinces.

Field hospitals are intended for asymptomatic cases and those with mild symptoms, while regular hospitals are for severe cases and other patients and are regarded as the main facilities for the prevention of the spread of the contagion, said Dr. Opas Karnkawinpong, director-general of the Disease Control Department.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/almost-700-asymptomatic-patients-admitted-to-field-hospitals-for-observation/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2021-01-09

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, kotsak said:

As a foreigner I think it would be unlikely ending up there. They have other places for us at which you surrender your wallet at the entrance (or exit) ???? 

Exactly.

Have good insurance or sufficient funds and they will find a nice hospital bed for you.

13 minutes ago, kotsak said:

As a foreigner I think it would be unlikely ending up there. They have other places for us at which you surrender your wallet at the entrance (or exit) ???? 

And in case the 5 star hospitals get overcrowded, I'm sure they'll build alternative field hospitals (AFH) for foreigners. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Yes we are lucky having come from 1st world countries, had the opportunities to work, save, invest and go forward in life.

These poor people have to leave their neighbouring countries to come and work here for less than what they pay the Thai's from what I hear with poor working conditions and are put in a truck like sheep to get here with their employer providing them with little if any support and if this government is calling that place a field hospital, I suppose they should be grateful they are not sleeping on the floor, absolutely disgraceful, the question beckons, would they treat their own like this, or foreigners other than those from neighbouring countries like this, I don't think so, so why discriminate, because its a way of life here and they can get away with it, shame, shame, shame on you Thailand.

We certainly disagree on this.  

Like you said, it may be the first time they actually slept on a mattress.  Looks better then the military cots displayed in the photo I posted from a western country field hospital.  Where they are tossing the dead bodies into refrigerated metal boxes in parking lots.

The room and stations look clean to me with clean sheets and supplies medical staff attending.

Probably much better then any environment they are use too.

It is a field hospital for asymptomatic, not suppose to be Bumrungrad.

Edited by bkk6060
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 4
  • Thanks 1

"asymptomatic patients" is a contradiction in terms, someone who tested positive on the presence of a virus in his body without symptoms is a healthy person with in general an immune system that has been effective in coping with the virus and not getting sick. This looks more like 700 healthy people have been taken in custody.

Edited by recycler
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, jonclark said:

Sorry guys, I do not wish to be negative towards Thailand, but that is a pretty <deleted> poor effort.

I think using the word "hospital" to  describe the photo is stretching the words meaning to its absolute limit.

Looks like a poor man's Glastonbury. 

'field hospital'...You are deliberately misquoting the article. And No. It looks nothing at all like Glastonbury. Not a scouse gangster in sight!

• Confused 1

In large peasant families, the question of 'self-isolation at home' raises some questions, I should think.

My own immediate Khmer peasant family consists of some 31 members apart from my partner & me. All but 3 of them live on the one tiny farm or within 100m of it. Except (now) when I visit, they don't wear masks.