House impeaches Trump after U.S. Capitol siege; his fate in Senate hands

webfact

2 hours ago, mikebike said:

Yeah... to find the next insane candidate to push - he couldn't keep control of 45. I believe Bannon is far more of a threat than 45.

Maybe... Bannon has the charisma of a raw oyster, so he needs an easily manipulated front man like Trump.  I hope easily manipulated fools like Trump are hard to find, but I've been wrong before, as Trump proved.

That reminded me of a part of his last spiel that I thought would have garnered more attention. Not "our Party" or "the Republican Party" not even "Americans" but:

trump.png.3969924424663b52614d42188d47e8e8.png

What exactly did he mean by "our movement"?

Edited by onthedarkside
quote of hidden post removed
  • Like 1

A post with a disallowed source social media video has been removed.

Please note the forum's updated policy on posting social media content:

"...in factual areas such as news, current affairs and health topics, it cannot be used unless it is from a credible news media source or government agency, and must include a weblink to the original source."

https://forum.thaivisa.com/terms/

Seems Trump and his enablers are going to cash in soon.  What a corrupt administration and corrupt people.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/17/us/politics/trump-pardons.html

Prospect of Pardons in Final Days Fuels Market to Buy Access to Trump

The president’s allies have collected tens of thousands of dollars — and potentially much more — from people seeking pardons.

One lobbyist, Brett Tolman, a former federal prosecutor who has been advising the White House on pardons and commutations, has monetized his clemency work, collecting tens of thousands of dollars, and possibly more, in recent weeks to lobby the White House for clemency for the son of a former Arkansas senator; the founder of the notorious online drug marketplace Silk Road; and a Manhattan socialite who pleaded guilty in a fraud scheme.

• Sad 1

39 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Military have declined trump's request for 21 gun salute and military band when he departs Washington by plane on 20th.

https://thenewdaily.com.au/news/world/us-news/2021/01/18/trump-farewell-rejected/

Hmmm...interesting.  While I welcome the news, I haven't seen this on any major MSM news feed.  I would think it would be big news, that the military flatout rejected Trump.  It has been reported that Trump is planning a small farewell Wednesday morning....

[The event is scheduled for 8 a.m. at Joint Base Andrews just outside the nation’s capital, where the outgoing president will make his departure aboard Air Force One for Florida. Invitations have been circulated to supporters, including former administration officials and other backers, asking them to arrive by 7:15 a.m.]

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-farewell-planned-for-wednesday-morning-ahead-of-biden-oath/ar-BB1cQmbb

7 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

Hmmm...interesting.  While I welcome the news, I haven't seen this on any major MSM news feed.  I would think it would be big news, that the military flatout rejected Trump.  It has been reported that Trump is planning a small farewell Wednesday morning....

[The event is scheduled for 8 a.m. at Joint Base Andrews just outside the nation’s capital, where the outgoing president will make his departure aboard Air Force One for Florida. Invitations have been circulated to supporters, including former administration officials and other backers, asking them to arrive by 7:15 a.m.]

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-farewell-planned-for-wednesday-morning-ahead-of-biden-oath/ar-BB1cQmbb

starting to come out now in many media outlets....

FANTASTIC NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!  It's wasted tax payer dollars for a criminal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Eric Loh said:

Trump gutted the Pentagon and replaced with loyal political operatives and yet couldn't get the approval for a tradition Armed Forces Farewell. Even 1st termers like George Bush and Bill Clinton for the full farewell. He better leave on Air Force One before the inauguration or he need to ask approval from Biden. So fittingly embarrassing for a disastrous President who will leave the country deeply divided and in fear. 

I suspect those 45 loyalists in the Pentagon knew which way the wind was blowing and merely took the positions so they could pad their cv's. Even if the traitor-in-chief tries anything crazy, those who are supposed to carry out the orders could easily delay/ignore the crazy.

Bet your bottom dollar/baht/euro/whatever that those loyalists will be invited to blow away within the first week.

2 hours ago, Berkshire said:

Story originated from DefenseOne

https://www.defenseone.com/ideas/2021/01/pentagon-wont-throw-traditional-farewell-ceremony-trump/171408/

• Like 2

7 hours ago, simple1 said:

Military have declined trump's request for 21 gun salute and military band when he departs Washington by plane on 20th.

https://thenewdaily.com.au/news/world/us-news/2021/01/18/trump-farewell-rejected/

cool, so this is a request made by the departing president, an honor bestowed by the military.  i had assumed it was something the boss could order on a whim.  groovy.

so he's gonna skulk off while the new regime is inaugurated.  sad.

i do hope when joe and kamala are on the steps, they take their oaths on the very same bible trump abused four months ago.

This bodes well for Trump, not ...

US Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell has explicitly blamed Donald Trump for the deadly violence at the Capitol, saying the mob was "fed lies", and the President and others "provoked" those intent on overturning Joe Biden's election.

Ahead of Mr Trump's historic second impeachment trial, Senator McConnell's remarks were his most severe and public rebuke of the outgoing President.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-01-20/mitch-mcconnell-donald-trump-senate-capitol-siege-provoked/13072392

Edited by Salerno
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/18/2021 at 5:38 PM, Salerno said:

That reminded me of a part of his last spiel that I thought would have garnered more attention. Not "our Party" or "the Republican Party" not even "Americans" but:

trump.png.3969924424663b52614d42188d47e8e8.png

What exactly did he mean by "our movement"?

Again with language that could be interpreted in a certain way "I want you to know that the movement we started is only just beginning."" (amongst other delusional BS).

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-01-20/donald-trumps-farewell-speech-ahead-of-joe-biden-inauguration/13072068

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Berkshire said:

Now it's being reported that VP Pence will not be attending Trump's farewell, but will be attending President Biden's inauguration.  Ditto a number of senior Republican leaders.  When you're toxic, nobody wants to come near you. 

I will accept that Trump made a serious error by attacking Pence. Pence didn't deserve that.

Everyone makes mistakes. I've made more than a few myself, but most affected only myself, like marrying the wrong woman.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, johnnybangkok said:

After 4 years of your sycophantic nonsense, deflections and downright lies you are going to try and lecture me on facts! Priceless.

Oh and congratulations on finally coming out as a true Trump devotee. It took you a while but we all knew you had it in you. 

That person would be a good use of the ignore feature imo.  

Edited by shdmn
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Susco said:

The major mistake Trump made, was running for president, because it has put him in the public spotlight.

Before he could cheat his way out of business deals, without too much trouble.

Now he is toxic, and nobody wants to do business with him, or people who support him, any more.

Read the news, how many big companies have announced publicly that they will not do business with him any more, and the list is still growing, for not to speak of those who quietly turn their back on him.

I personally think that before the end of the year, he will either flee the US, or be in an orange jump suit.

Hopefully future Trumps will get the message:  If you want to keep your finances private, don't go into public office.