Struck poor by COVID, Phuket man tries to sell eye on Facebook

snoop1130

Struck poor by COVID, Phuket man tries to sell eye on Facebook

By The Phuket News

1610967272_1-org.jpg

Mr Taweep Mee Phan who took to Facebook out of desperation offering to sell one of his eyes. Photo: Chalong Municipality

PHUKET:-- A man who has been severely affected by the COVID-19 fallout took to social media in desperation last week offering to sell one of his eyes.

Mr Taweep Mee Phan, 57, from Chalong posted on his Facebook account last Friday (Jan 15) that he was willing to sell his left eye to raise much needed funds to support his family.

Mr Taweep was a bus driver for a Chinese tour company for 15 years before losing his job last February when tourists numbers visiting the island dried up.

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/struck-poor-by-covid-phuket-man-tries-to-sell-eye-on-facebook-78693.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2021-01-18

• Sad 16
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

A man who has been severely affected by the COVID-19 fallout took to social media in desperation last week offering to sell one of his eyes.

Desperate times drives people to desperate measures... I'm sure as a driver he can find some employment if he continues to look around.

• Like 1

Terrible, imagine how many people are in this desperate situation not only in Thailand but all over the world. The really disgusting situation is governments that are talking about projects that make absolute nonsense in the midst of this disaster.......I'd better shut up as i'll be hung drawn and quartered and banned off TVF for ever......   Imagine the suicide rate in Thailand at the moment ? and this is just getting going ........  Round of golf anyone, or is space travel more of an interest to you ?   

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, SupermarineS6B said:

Terrible, imagine how many people are in this desperate situation not only in Thailand but all over the world. The really disgusting situation is governments that are talking about projects that make absolute nonsense in the midst of this disaster.......I'd better shut up as i'll be hung drawn and quartered and banned off TVF for ever......   Imagine the suicide rate in Thailand at the moment ? and this is just getting going ........  Round of golf anyone, or is space travel more of an interest to you ?   

Well we all know Thai government list of priorities is topped by Submarines and Spaceship ????

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, peixotorms said:

Time to spend another 54 Million fixing some toilet. It's better to loose both eyes than to see this.

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/politics/2020/12/18/air-force-to-spend-54-mil-baht-to-refurbish-vvip-lavatory/

What on earth is wrong with a good old fashioned  low Tech squat toilet?

1235118452_squattoilet.png.6afd7005c10b0b01bac66fab1b9fb542.png