13 businesses can reopen as usual in Bangkok

snoop1130

13 businesses can reopen as usual in Bangkok

By The Nation

800_a164af7cf280ab3.jpg

Thirteen types of business are allowed to reopen in Bangkok on Friday as the Covid-19 outbreak in the capital eased.

The Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) announced the outbreak had dropped from a peak of 49 new cases per day in the capital to around 10 cases daily. The latest contagion, which began in mid-December, had been contained faster than the first outbreak last year, said BMA spokesman Pongsakorn Kwanmuang. The BMA announced the following 13 businesses can reopen as usual, but under virus-control measures:

1. Gaming arcades

2. Internet cafes

3. Seniors day-care centres

4. Racecourses and stadiums except for horse racing and boxing (no spectators allowed)

5. Banquet rooms – though permission must be granted for more than 300 guests

6. Amulet shops

7. Beauty parlours and tattoo shops

8. Fitness centres

9. Massage shops and spas – but not massage parlours

10. Boxing gyms

11. Bowling alleys and skating rinks

12. Dance academies (no contests)

13. Martial arts schools

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30401600

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2021-01-21

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

Oh well, it's a start... hopefully infections will remain low & more businesses will be able to open up after the next meeting. 

Does anybody know if you can have a drink with your meal in a restaurant yet or is that just Chiang Mai?

In Phuket it's ok to have drink

46 minutes ago, newnative said:

What about condo swimming pools?

I believe here in Bangkok, condo swimming pools were never mandated to be closed. It seems that Juristic Persons (management companies) just closed the pools as they did last time. My condo closed the gym only and I've been able to enjoy the rooftop pool everyday.

• Like 2

So why is it that Chonburi, Rayong, Chantaburi and Trat are still classed as Red Zones and under "full lockdown" restrictions when they are recording zero or one cases a day each now, whereas for Bangkok it's perfectly OK for there to be no travel restrictions and almost everything to open again when they're recording 10-20 new infections every day? And with the Covid epicentre in Samut Sakhon right on their doorstep too. Madness.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, soi3eddie said:

I believe here in Bangkok, condo swimming pools were never mandated to be closed. It seems that Juristic Persons (management companies) just closed the pools as they did last time. My condo closed the gym only and I've been able to enjoy the rooftop pool everyday.

Mine closed at least until 31st January 

• Sad 1