Nationwide inoculation to kick off in June, Johnson & Johnson makes registration move

webfact

Nationwide inoculation to kick off in June, Johnson & Johnson makes registration move

By The Nation

800_38808a0add96cd2.jpg?v=1612174451

A concrete plan for nationwide Covid-19 inoculation should be ready by mid this month, Dr Sophon Mekthon, chair of the government’s sub-committee on Covid-19 vaccine management, said on Monday.

“We have already prepared a national inoculation plan, which will officially kick off in June once Siam Bioscience starts producing the AstraZeneca vaccine,” Dr Sophon said.

Meanwhile, Johnson and Johnson has reportedly put in for vaccine registration, but the option will only be seriously considered 30 days after all documents are received.

Johnson and Johnson is currently studying the effectiveness of single-dose vaccines.

“If any vaccine company contacts us, it will go through the system immediately. AstraZeneca was expected to send its first batch of vaccines early this month, but due to restrictions placed by the European Union, we will need to extend the delivery period,” Sophon said.

National Vaccine Institute director Dr Nakorn Premsri said Thailand has not blocked opportunities for other companies, such as Johnson and Johnson or Novavax.

Separately, Sinovac has yet to send all the documentation required for approval, as it is still waiting for full approval from Chinese authorities.

Thailand has put in for 2 million doses from the Chinese firm and the Thai Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is currently studying the effectiveness and side effects of the Sinovac vaccine before it is given the go-ahead for emergency use in the country.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30402114

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2021-02-02

Interesting that even the most minor issue here warrants the formation of a committee or three.

But vaccines? Seems to be done behind the curtain.

If past performance is any indication of future results, the vaccine thing will be a dumpster fire of epic proportions, with a heavy does of corruption.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, DLock said:

...relying on SB could be a major mistake.

The confusion, arrogance and changing storyline of the flawed Thai vaccine strategy will be replayed out in the media daily for the next year.

Fail.

Not likely here though as it will be against the law and national security if too much light is shed on it

• Like 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Separately, Sinovac has yet to send all the documentation required for approval, as it is still waiting for full approval from Chinese authorities.

Guess that they dont have the Documentation required for International Distribution and compliance.

18 minutes ago, Patong2021 said:

There are many factors which impact the impact of many vaccines. I was very surprised when I read some of the information, much of it seemingly obvious too;

- Time of day, with better results and fewer complications with early in the day injection

- Fatigue. A good nights sleep and without being exhausted.

- Alcohol use in the week prior to and the weeks after vaccine dose

- Emotional stability of patient. People who expect adverse reaction will experience the adverse reaction.

One of the  things that drives me up the wall is when the media reports "health care" workers including "nurses" refusing or hesitating to accept vaccine, or reporting negative position.  On closer look these people are orderlies, and personal care attendants, who typically have no health care education beyond practical care. The nurses are not 4 year university term and hospital learning stage educated but are "practical" nurses or assistant  nurses who attend a short training program and have no education in health sciences. We do not hear of MDs, or Fellows, or advanced trained nurses having these negative results. I do not think the education gives special protection, but the less educated are more susceptible to suggestion.

It's hard to question people who have had bad outcomes that they relate to past vaccinations.

For instance was a bad health experience after a vaccination caused by the vaccination with certainty?

I wonder if "People who expect adverse reaction will experience the adverse reaction." explains a lot of it.  People have told me that they were sick for a week after the flu shot.  Too many people have told me about adverse outcomes compared to published statistics on adverse outcomes from flu jab.

I hate to see people risk COVID due to past bad experience with flu jab making them afraid of the current vaccines, but it is not possible to convince someone that their experience is wrong.

• Thanks 1