VIDEO: Elderly Thai murdered in U.S. in ‘racially motivated’ attack

snoop1130

Before you start generising the names and black neighbourhood that's another racism was the picture of attacker showed, what makes your think his name belong to a black community  apart from that the family are grieving for there loss there's people like you think their superior the perfect whites  yet you brought this in to this world 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, Genmai said:

... You don't think its odd in today's climate that a perpetrator's race is never mentioned if its ever anything other than white? If it was a white male you can bet there would be 100s of "white supremacist" headlines. How strange that nobody talks about "black supremacy".  ...

No I don't. In fact I haven't noticed anything of what you speak.

• Confused 3

Sorry.  That didn't look like random 'racially motivated' strike.  That looked like there has been other encounters between these two, or the old man spewed some racist comment at the attacker.**

None of what I said justifies the attack.  Just looking at what was the true motivation to crush an old man with raging intent like that..

54 minutes ago, Alpharius said:

Thais have a really bad habit of stereotyping.

So do Americans when it comes to someone with an opposing opinion.

55 minutes ago, Alpharius said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Thailand put a ban on black people altogether after this.

The most violently persecuted minority group in the world is Christians living in Muslim countries. Would you also be not surprised to see Christian countries banning Muslims from entry?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Genmai said:

The most violently persecuted minority group in the world is Christians living in Muslim countries. Would you also be not surprised to see Christian countries banning Muslims from entry?

Is that true? I live in a muslim country and never had an issue.

I do know there are many muslims persecuted like in china and myanmar, not to mention the usual racist attacks on them in supposedly more enlightened countries.

I dare say the Jews have their fare share also.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Medelline said:

Before you start generising the names and black neighbourhood that's another racism was the picture of attacker showed, what makes your think his name belong to a black community  apart from that the family are grieving for there loss there's people like you think their superior the perfect whites  yet you brought this in to this world 

I understand your point as best as I can, as a white guy.  I've found that if you take the time to actually know someone, there's so much to learn and to relate to.  And, I'm sure there are many others who have been better human beings than me regarding this concern.  

Minorities in the USA, to various degrees, have something to complain about.  I have read some of their histories and it saddens me as a white American.  I wish for greater successes among them.  

If so, maybe we can all walk the streets with greater comfort and a sense of safety. 

Edited by helpisgood
typo

1 minute ago, Genmai said:

Let me be the first to apologize dearly for my ancestors who brought the burden of civilization to much of the world. I will gladly assist you in availing yourself of some of their advancements. Like medicine, electricity and pants. After all, you don’t want to be engaging in cultural appropriation, do you?

At least it seems you have already unchained yourself from the oppression that is proper grammar and punctuation....clearly another construct of white supremacy designed to keep the black man down.

Some never had a choice. Self determination and all that.

3 minutes ago, Genmai said:

Let me be the first to apologize dearly for my ancestors who brought the burden of civilization to much of the world. I will gladly assist you in availing yourself of some of their advancements. Like medicine, electricity and pants. After all, you don’t want to be engaging in cultural appropriation, do you?

At least it seems you have already unchained yourself from the oppression that is proper grammar and punctuation....clearly another construct of white supremacy designed to keep the black man down.

Afyer reading that, please dont bother answering my question before.

I know where you stand and prefer not to engage.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, mr mr said:

lets stick to the fact this poor fella was brutally attacked by a POS human. who cares what politics or color he is a piece of garbage i think we can all agree on that ? 

Agreed, the guy is a total POS, but if this attack and murder turns out to be racially motivated that would make it a lot worse in my book.

2 hours ago, Medelline said:

It is a common  black name in the U S. Thats just objective reality. Not negative or positive.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/African-American_names

French names

While creoles of color historically had classical French names, many names of French origin entered the picture during the 1950s and 1960s. Opinions on the origins of the French influence vary, but historically French names such as Monique, Chantal, André, and Antoine became so common within African-American culture that many Americans began to think of them solely as "black names". These names are often seen with spelling variations such as Antwan (Antoine) or Shauntelle (Chantal).

• Like 1

It's not like the US is the only country with racists willing to do violence to foreigners.
There are enough articles on TV about Thai on foreigner assaults and murders to write a book.

But - Thais racially assaulted in the US -- Big New.  (How often?)
US citizens or farangs assaulted in Thailand - "Ho hum." (How often?)

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Not exactly. The family is suggesting this was a racist hate crime. To prove that, information about the races of the perps is relevant. If he didn't say anything that anyone heard, I don't see how they can prove it was a hate crime unless there is some kind of outside trail like from social media. 

What is Considered a Hate Crime in California? | Criminal Law (esfandilawfirm.com)

jingthing...there was a series of replies that have been deleted by mods that prompted my response.

16 hours ago, Genmai said:

Because if it's a black/asian/latino/arab then it's a "POS human". But when it's a white person then suddenly its yet another instance of muh systemic racism. You don't think its odd in today's climate that a perpetrator's race is never mentioned if its ever anything other than white? If it was a white male you can bet there would be 100s of "white supremacist" headlines. How strange that nobody talks about "black supremacy".

You may not care about politics - but politics sure as hell cares about you. That's all one can say without risking being muzzled these days.

genmai...same response to you. this was a much different thread at the time of my posting.