Sending money to thailand - swift codes KASITHBKXXX

Hi

Someone is sending money to me in Thailand. They cant  use  Transferwise and have to use normal international bank transfer

Apparently the SWIFT code is SWIFT Code    KASITHBK or KASITHBKXXX 

XXX is the branch code?

What do i actually need to give the sender? And do they  need the branch code? Is the branch code written in my Bank Book. Since the numbers are in format XXX-X-XXXXX-X   Maybe the first 3 numbers i put so for example KASITHBK123

Otherwise can they just send without the bank code and just use   KASITHBK

19 minutes ago, CrossBones said:

That's how you do it, the 'SWIFT code' links to the bank itself (Kasikorn international transfers office), so that's all you need along with the name and account number as they don't use 'routing numbers' or 'sort codes' to identify the branch at Kasikorn.

Edited by ukrules
  • Like 2

The sender will also need the address of the branch of the bank.

The banks sure know how to make an easy job hard.

Get the sender to send you acopy of the form, that way nothing will get forgotten.

I had to send some monies overseas, tried twice with KTB at a cost of over 1,000 Bht

each time. Both returned "unsuccessful".

Wandered doen to DeeMoney with exactly same info, paid 99 Bht costs

money arrived in 26 hours

• Like 2

OP I like the idea of the Kasikorn form in jackdd's post 

Money was transferred to me from AUS, cost just over 500 baht - don't know whether charges were both ends - very high. What Greasyfingers said is interesting. I will ask. LOcal bankstaff are helpful about inforation concerning these charges.

Just now, billzant said:

OP I like the idea of the Kasikorn form in jackdd's post 

Money was transferred to me from AUS, cost just over 500 baht - don't know whether charges were both ends - very high. What Greasyfingers said is interesting. I will ask. LOcal bankstaff are helpful about inforation concerning these charges.

Forgot - I have been asked to include the bank's address

5 hours ago, 1FinickyOne said:

Kasi is great for wires... I call to USA at night here/day there and the money is here the next day... If you want, have them include your phone ## and a note to call.... great service... 

is Kasikorn exchange rate the best in term of wire transfers bank to bank, US to Thailand ?

3 hours ago, GreasyFingers said:

By not giving you the SWIFT code for the branch they charge you double the fees, one to their international a/c and another to your branch.

This is the way it used to work so have not used bank-bank SWIFT for a number of years.

Banks have SWIFT codes, not branches.

Mine hasn't changed since the 1990's

Edited by ukrules

On 03/02/2021 at 3:46 PM, 1FinickyOne said:

Kasi is great for wires... I call to USA at night here/day there and the money is here the next day... If you want, have them include your phone ## and a note to call.... great service... 

I had the same with HSBC Jersey to Krungsri though. Wire transfer was credited next day after instruction was  placed. 

• Thanks 1

On 2/3/2021 at 2:39 AM, CrossBones said:

Hi

Someone is sending money to me in Thailand. They cant  use  Transferwise and have to use normal international bank transfer

Apparently the SWIFT code is SWIFT Code    KASITHBK or KASITHBKXXX 

XXX is the branch code?

What do i actually need to give the sender? And do they  need the branch code? Is the branch code written in my Bank Book. Since the numbers are in format XXX-X-XXXXX-X   Maybe the first 3 numbers i put so for example KASITHBK123

The complete SWIFT Code is attached on the 1st page of your Bank book.