Pattaya: Lukewarm response to renewed opening

webfact

2 hours ago, rott said:

It wasn't busy on Wednesday night at 9.00 pm when I walked through.

It certainly wasn't busy on Monday night either. It was ok, but guys saying it was busy obviously weren't there or in the only bar that was truly busy.....Zero bar, we all know why.....40 baht beers and it's busy every night. I rode past last night at about 9pm and it was jam packed, guys even standing outside on the road drinking.

I sat outside Jibbys with a couple of mates at 10pm Monday night. There were 2 or 3 guys inside and us 3 sat outside. Hardly busy. I mentioned to the lads that Kilkenny bar had NOT ONE customer in. Also, Billabong had less than 50% of the seats all around the outside taken up.

I'd say LK was ok but certainly not "very busy".

Edited by mxer90
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not there but know persons who are and they say still quiet most places. Bit off topic but Thai officials talk tough about restrictions, opening times numbers etc, but I know for a fact certain bars open way past the 11pm mark. Putting on face for the world by talking tough but don't put it into practice.

27 minutes ago, Petey11 said:

Bit off topic but Thai officials talk tough about restrictions, opening times numbers etc, but I know for a fact certain bars open way past the 11pm mark

This is Thailand.

In Bangkok bars are supposed to be closed. I have several bars in BKK as customer, and as far as i'm aware, they never closed.

1 hour ago, mxer90 said:

the only bar that was truly busy.....Zero bar, we all know why.....40 baht beers and it's busy every night. I rode past last night at about 9pm and it was jam packed, guys even standing outside on the road drinking.

You know where to find TVF members don't you?

Either on the concrete tables outside 7/11 or at Zero bar, though they are all well off and married to a Thai-Chinese HISO with a PhD in whatever comes up in their mind

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

Which 7eleven has concrete tables outside.? 

Asking for a friend obviously. 

And apparently this 11.00 pm closing officially means exactly that (or it did where I was). Not last orders but throwing out time. Some observe it and some don't, perhaps it's a matter of interpretation. Or perhaps it's a matter of time will tell. 

7 hours ago, rott said:

Which 7eleven has concrete tables outside.? 

Asking for a friend obviously. 

And apparently this 11.00 pm closing officially means exactly that (or it did where I was). Not last orders but throwing out time. Some observe it and some don't, perhaps it's a matter of interpretation. Or perhaps it's a matter of time will tell. 

Have a look along jomtien beach. 7/11s and family marts have them. Usually the places with large areas out front. I walked 6k most nights as the gyms were closed along the beach. Many guys sitting outside on them drinking large Leo or Changs.

On my expedition on Monday night, the bars on LK and soi buakhao did all close at 11pm. The Gogo's seemed to stay open a little longer due to being behind closed doors. Oddly, we didn't see any of the boys in brown circling to ensure it was adhered to, I'm sure it won't take them long, like the end of the last lockdown.

However, wandering up Soi Chaiyapoom (pothole) there were a couple still open. No lights on mind you but half drawn shutters. I think it wouldn't be to difficult to get a night cap or five. 

Edited by mxer90

On 2/4/2021 at 12:48 PM, Ireland32 said:

I don’t know too many who are Happy  with Chinese but 30% have Chinese DNA , just another reason to party , not celebrating Chinese , and no one want Chinese Vaccine 

The fact that its a public holiday shows that they do celebrate it for whatever reasons!

8 hours ago, mxer90 said:

Have a look along jomtien beach. 7/11s and family marts have them. Usually the places with large areas out front. I walked 6k most nights as the gyms were closed along the beach. Many guys sitting outside on them drinking large Leo or Changs.

So basically not in central Pattaya.