DPM confirms Thais will start receiving vaccinations in June at a rate of 5 million doses a month

webfact

15 minutes ago, MuayThaiGuy said:

It shouldn't matter if non-vaccinated people visit Thailand because theoretically, the vaccinated people are supposed to be immune.

Are they not confident in their vaccines?

Also, they've already said that the covid vaccines don't prevent people from catching (or transmitting) the so-called virus.

So.. what's the point of the vaccine passport then?

It's just about control and profit for the pharmaceutical companies.

Once they're able to tie your vaccination status to your mobility rights, you'll be forced to take injection after injection in order to maintain your freedom.

This doesn't stop with just this covid vaccine.

Anyone who's willing to accept this without putting up any resistance whatsoever is an absolute disgrace.

The next generation is going to be forced to live in a world where they have no bodily autonomy because cowards gave up their rights without a fight - and over something that had a 99+% survival rate LOL

Absolutely pathetic.

We'll see how this goes.

Quite right. I keep my body immune  system up to scratch.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, pentagara said:

Sounds quite clueless. What has Sherry doctored in, in case she exists and has a doctorate?

"Tenpenny graduated with a Bachelor of Arts from the University of Toledo in 1980, and subsequently received a Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine degree from the Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine in Missouri in 1984.[2]" - her wiki page.

So not a medical doctor.  Shocker!

Edited by BangkokReady

26 minutes ago, MuayThaiGuy said:

It shouldn't matter if non-vaccinated people visit Thailand because theoretically, the vaccinated people are supposed to be immune.

Also, they've already said that the covid vaccines don't prevent people from catching (or transmitting) the so-called virus.

So.. what's the point of the vaccine passport then?

Why do you answer your own  question? Like influenza  vaccine is to stop severity of sickness so is covid  vaccine. But re-introduction of variants still makes problems that can come with peoples not vaccinated already.

Here so many people read only  5 million but not "start with  5 million". More and other vaccines coming  not long. Maybe a Thai one too.

Many people in here but not here can say  negative but sure if  get  hospital sick  will be happy same as people in deep water will accept a life saver ring even if can swim  strong.

3 hours ago, MuayThaiGuy said:

"I truly believe that sometime in the future there will be medical anthropologists and historians who will look back at this period of time at our healthcare - not only in the US, but throughout the world - and they'll say WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?..

..That they could inject their children with heavy metals, known carcinogens and viruses from animals like monkeys and cows and chickens.. and somehow think that injecting that stuff into a 7 to 10 pound infant was an improvement on their health.

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING? How could that population have been so seriously scammed by big organizations that have NO liability."

- Dr Sherry Tenpenny

When do you imagine this medical epiphany occurring?  Given that vaccines have been in use for more than a thousand years.  And what do you suppose will cause it?

I can't imagine how a practice that is generally harmless and has saved what must be millions of lives could suddenly be seen as a bad thing.  What would they discover in the distant future that would suddenly make all these prevented illnesses and deaths not worth some sort of risk that we cannot perceive for some reason now?

I can't help feeling that imagining that some day people will find some sort of mysterious danger that hasn't presented itself in any way up until now, based on nothing that you are aware of at the current moment in time, that will make all the people that vaccines have saved somehow not worth it, seems a little "tin-foil-hat" to say the least.

Also, your Dr Tenpenny is an Osteopath, so a bone and joint "doctor".  Not a medical doctor, nor a doctor in immunology.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, MuayThaiGuy said:

If the virus is still active and even vaccinated people can carry and transmit it, any unvaccinated person can potentially become seriously ill or die from the virus. 

Why would you let an uncontrolled number of people enter a country where they stand a high chance of catching a virus that might make them seriously ill or kill them?

Once someone enters a country they are in the country.  The more unvaccinated people in the country the more problems for that country, be it greater demands on their health system or a higher transfer rate.  This is particularly an issue for herd immunity or protecting those who, for some reason, cannot be vaccinated.

56 minutes ago, pentagara said:

Sounds quite clueless. What has Sherry doctored in, in case she exists and has a doctorate?

What COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca contains:

One dose (0.5 ml) contains: COVID 19 Vaccine (ChAdOx1-S* recombinant) 5 × 10^10 viral particles

*Recombinant, replication-deficient chimpanzee adenovirus vector encoding the SARS CoV 2 Spike glycoprotein. Produced in genetically modified human embryonic kidney (HEK) 293 cells.

This product contains genetically modified organisms (GMOs).

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

5 mil' a month .! Right .. the logistics of storing , transport , setting up centres , prioritising those who should be eligible first is a monumental task that will require a lot of planning and foresight .. if Anutin is in charge hope does not spring eternal that will be realised in such a short time frame .. 

As for the bit about being a " hub " that's just Anutin being Anutin 

And there are 70 million Thais, and two doses are needed, so that dates the completion of the programme sometime around the latter half of 2023. If nothing goes wrong in the meantime and there isn't a 'misunderstanding' about supplies.

Edited by Bangkok Barry
  • Like 1

Switzerland blocked Astra Zeneca vaccine, (it is not a Vaccine and a GENE THERAPY),
all designed to inoculate DNRA fragments to people and thus be in conflict with the DNA of the person who receives it so that in the future he has many pathologies and his life will not last long, elimination of useless and harmful people for the planet, but of course they big bosses will never get this filth injected, (I didn't accept any vaccine - GENE THERAPY)

I live with my ideas and my knowledge, if someone else doesn't like my ideas, no problem, but I want to live with my ideas, not with the ideas of others .. respect out of respect

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

21 hours ago, webfact said:

The DPM went on to note Thailand’s pandemic situation has been light compared to other countries but said the government was applying full control measures, pointing out the new wave of infection was no one in the country’s fault but was due to outsiders bringing in the virus, requiring strict enforcement of the law

Ohhh what a very short or selective memory he has... outsiders bringing it maybe.. with the full cooperation of Thais !!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Xonax said:

Does the "public" include foreigners living in Thailand?

55555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555, gee you gave me the best laugh I've had for months.

Oooops, what happened to the end of February for vac's to start???

You ALL have mobile phone's, I see you using them while you DRIVE everyday!!! Might be an idea if you contact each other before publishing nonsense!

I still luv you all, minus some of the Gov boffins................

3 hours ago, Enfield said:

Why do you put yourself forward as an expert on this ?You have no idea what is going on in the background. You are just another Thai basher. Think yourself lucky you are here and not in some  place where folk are dying of Covid all around you 

You  are  a reason I don’t mix with expats generally . Too many like you who live on Thailand and not in it .

Praise be to the actions taken here to keep us safe and the discipline shown by locals in being careful not to spread this virus.

you are a sad cynical man , sitting in the wings hoping the government will fail so you can gloat over it .

Just shut up !

Whose post were you responding to?, if it was mine, that you started to quote but never put a post below it, then maybe you need to review what was written.  There is no bashing in my post, but many questions that need to be answered.  To say I have no idea what's going on in the background, well then tell me what is and answer the questions instead of name calling and saying I live on Thailand and not in it.  You would be surprised at what I do know and where my connections are. Awaiting your response.

23 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

It was the corrupt border officials fault !

Passing on the blame to cover up incompetence yet again ! 

It is really amazing what these soldiers are getting away with. The unelected "PM" has publicly said that he is investigating the corruption of how these illegal Burmese workers crossed the border and on to transport in to Thailand with no quarantine involved, but has never disclosed the findings. I wonder why not.

• Like 1

With a population of 66 million then for 100% to be vaccinated it will take 13 months to complete. 100% will never be vaccinated but the restoration of the tourist industry will require herd immunity of, say, 70% being inoculated. So that will take until February 2022. By that time there will be nothing left to entertain tourists because all the facilities will be bankrupt so other than the historical reason for visiting Thailand foreigners will have no reason to come here. In short there will never be a grandiose tourist industry in Thailand ever again unless the herd immunity can be achieved by mid-year 2021. In short only 5 million doses per month sounds the death knell of 15% of Thailands GDP!

So no word on allowing private hospitals to source Pfizer or Moderna and offer these to patients? Thailand has hitched its wagon to AstraZeneca and seems to want to lock out other options? Would be good to get more clarification from the govt on this so we understand why the lack of options when millions of people a day are being vaccinated each day with Moderna and Pfizer. 

47 minutes ago, Phaser said:

So no word on allowing private hospitals to source Pfizer or Moderna and offer these to patients?

Can you imagine the embarrassment if by the time they finally start getting the vaccine into normal Thai people's arms, Westerners and wealthy Thais have been getting it for about three months?  Or if when it arrived Thai people were asking "why Farangs can get the vaccine but our government cannot get it for us"?

Not going to happen.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Rancid said:

Well according to previous TV articles the Thai government says having the vaccine does not negate having 2 weeks in quarantine. Of interest perhaps is that the Australian government has also stated that having been vaccinated does not mean you avoid 2 weeks quarantine. So there are at least 2 countries stating that being vaccinated will not open their tourist industries, no doubt there are many others. So even if you get your jab don't be looking at visiting at least Thailand or Australia in the near future, probably not till next year.

This is and has been only about control, globalism....The virus can be deadly to some. We know who they are. The majority whom contract the virus survive and have reported was just a very bad flu. I have 3 friends whom contracted the virus who said this to me. One of the families have children 3 to 15 and only boyh parents were sick. Now they did say it was like a very bad flu. Just felt like hell and couldn't keep anything down. Couldn't smell or taste during and for almost 3 months after wit those senses returning slowly but returning. The flu numbers each year, varies from year to year but are generally more than this virus...

Now I know one of you experts will flame what I have said but any research beyond what is said by the media will confirm what I say...But don't use Mainstream media as a source and always use at least 3 sources to compare notes from.....

I have COPD and I do worry about what could happen to me if I get it But frankly worry more about a vaccine and side affects and if you do some research you'll see there are many from A_Z's vaccine...

Just my opinion...I could point to many links to credible sources but with the rules here I am censored.....Unable to due to rules.

• Like 1

On 2/5/2021 at 2:19 PM, webfact said:

Thailand is slated to become a production hub in ASEAN

This is what happens when you put 'medical' cannabis man in charge of the health system - a little hooch makes its way into policy dialogue meetings.  LOBH - Land of Broken Hubs.

• Haha 2

...so pray tell me; how are the first batch of people who have received their 1st shot going to get their 2nd shot after 28 days..i think it will be a little crowded and the database not efficient enough to handle all this. And then is the Government going to test the Titre levels of all those who have received their two doses to see if they indeed have enough anti-bodies to not warrant a booster shot...good luck..i mean it. Once that has been achieved perhaps the vaccine for under 18 year olds will be ready...this will take 3 years or more at 5 million per month x 2 shots. You will need the two shots to get some sort of immunity..oh and you will still need to wear a mask and distancing for years to come!

My reference is: This Week in Virology (TWiV) YouTube Podcast, Professor Vincent Racianello.

Edited by tandor