Goodbye Pattaya! Almost everyone in the entertainment industry has left - apartment complexes empty

rooster59

23 hours ago, anchadian said:

Once covid-19 has been completed eradicated, Pattaya's 'family resort' will return back to its glory days.

Trust you don't mind waiting several years.

It isn't going anywhere part from new operators and some redevelopment. 

5 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Would have to disagree,

The younger ladies are gone because they all know how to use Thaifriendly, WeChat, Line, BeeTalk, et al and would prefer not to sit in scummy bars as unpaid wait staff where everyone can see how they are earning their money.

That wont help unless there top scammers. There are no tourists in Pattaya. Most living there dont have big money to pay what they want anyway.

58 minutes ago, Rocking Robert said:

They are already suffering and you want to kick them when their down.   Way to go to sport

He was Chinese, not Thai (hardly relevant I guess) arrived in a brand new Porche 911 and has large portfolio of at least 20 apartments......gutted I drove him down.....boo hoo.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Big Yuley said:

Well at least TAT are proposing and working on alternatives to get tourists back to save millions of peoples livelihoods

Unfortunately the government dont have a clue and dont give a flying <deleted>.

Thsi clearly shows with vaccination not starting until June

As long you don't get more than 35 or 36 thb for a €  the tourist won't come back.

On 2/6/2021 at 8:59 AM, anchadian said:

Read the article in the Wall Street Journal, The Covid is here to stay. It seems finally  that someone admits that we would have to live with Covid like we do any other Flu or cold or for that matter any viral disease since a virus never dies but adapts itself to current conditions. 

Just now, stvette2002 said:
 anchadian said:

Read the article in the Wall Street Journal, The Covid is here to stay. It seems finally  that someone admits that we would have to live with Covid like we do any other Flu or cold or for that matter any viral disease since a virus never dies but adapts itself to current conditions. 

Just how do they know such things. What a load of Hog-wash.

The virus (any virus) has never been isolated/purified. It is not even an alive entity.

And there I believed the TAT and local government that

a) the conversion of dirty, dusty, pothole-filled, tree-slaughtered, sea-stinking Pattaya into a family resort with Walking Street turned into a Driving Street with 'delicious food stalls' would

b) result in a flood of Thai domestic tourists that would easily make up for the 'bad, kee-niauw farang'?!

????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Absolute nonsense. Point me to one paper that has said so! The virus has never been isolated/purified.

The PCR test, as Kary Mullis has stated, should not be uses as a diagnostic measure. It is hopelessly inaccurate, and is the main reason that the draconian measures around the world have been allowed; through scaring people.

Whatever.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, ChakaKhan said:

I must be the exception! Im just sitting here waiting to get vaccine so I can travel! ????

if you could get vaccinated tomorrow, what do you think changes for you in relation to international travel?  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, mikebell said:

Agreed.  I am looking to rent (a house) long-term.  It should be a buyers' market but daily I see ludicrous prices being asked. Rather than suffer a loss of 'face', landlords would suffer months of no income.

Never understood that mentality!

One guy said they must not believe in the government very much????

There is a pandemic at the moment worldwide, COVID19 if he didn’t know.

The government in Thailand are doing a fantastic job of controlling it in this country.

No tourist will come until it is over, and everyone in Thailand has been vaccinated and the rest of the world   

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Absolute nonsense. Point me to one paper that has said so! The virus has never been isolated/purified.

The PCR test, as Kary Mullis has stated, should not be uses as a diagnostic measure. It is hopelessly inaccurate, and is the main reason that the draconian measures around the world have been allowed; through scaring people.

As you asked so nicely:

https://theconversation.com/i-study-viruses-how-our-team-isolated-the-new-coronavirus-to-fight-the-global-pandemic-133675 

https://apnews.com/article/fact-checking-afs:Content:9847920299

https://virologydownunder.com/sigh-yes-the-covid-virus-is-real/

https://sunnybrook.ca/research/media/item.asp?i=2069

1 hour ago, Peterphuket said:

Funny, on Google street view, you can already see it is deserted, pictures from June 2020

Wasn't that when Pattaya was locked down?

• Like 1

On 2/6/2021 at 9:36 PM, Leaver said:

The realization that the vaccination of farang in their home country is not the only part of reviving tourism to Thailand. 

The vaccine has to roll out across Thailand also, before vaccinated farang will be allowed to visit, and obviously Thai's here don't have confidence in their government to expedite that.  

You have confidence in your own government, then?

1 minute ago, hansnl said:

You have confidence in your own government, then?

Not entirely (of course!) but mine UK is going great guns with vaccinations.

I was expecting mine March / April; a friend who is a volunteer marshal at my local vac centre, tells me to hope for early March now.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, VBF said:

There have been two studies that announced they had definitely isolated/purified the cov' virus. One in China on Jan 7th 2020, and in Feb 2020 in a lab in Korea.

Upon further, and intense scrutiny, it was found that the sequencing had been partly done by a computer. Furthermore, the labs did not apply the Koch Postulate criteria.

Why are the vaccine lab's keen to stress that having the jab does not give future immunity?

Worth remembering that these lab's are under pressure to produce results from the funders. Corners are cut, mistakes made and untruths told.

I will fact-check the links you posted and get back to you.

I've just read the first link and it says nothing. I will try to establish the test result paper and examine their findings.

Edited by owl sees all

39 minutes ago, KhonkaenExpat said:

One guy said they must not believe in the government very much????

There is a pandemic at the moment worldwide, COVID19 if he didn’t know.

The government in Thailand are doing a fantastic job of controlling it in this country.

No tourist will come until it is over, and everyone in Thailand has been vaccinated and the rest of the world   

The government is doing a fantastic job of controlling Covid-19 in this country.

But they are not able to control a pandemic that is going for year and kills every year about 26,000 citizens and moan millions of others?

That "Virus" is called Thai traffic.