Dr. John Walsh Interview

Dr. John Walsh Interview

by Leonard H. Le Blanc III

2-JOHNWALSH-585x390.jpeg

We speak today with Dr. John Walsh one of the world’s leading experts on management.

When did you first come to Thailand?

I was in Australia when I met my wife through a consultancy project for AusAID. She was one of the local facilitators at the Ministry of Labour. We kept in touch online and eventually we married, and I relocated to Zayed University in Abu Dhabi. When an opportunity came up at Shinawatra University, it seemed to be a good chance to come back to Thailand and establish a life together there.

What has changed the most here?

The country has opened up in so many ways to international influences in lifestyle choice: retail, dining, entertainment, all these things are now the equal of any country in the world. From my own perspective, being a person who likes to walk, the opening of the Skytrain and underground system have been revolutionary.

What has changed the least? 

Thai hospitality remains the same in most of the country. The ability of Thai people to smile when there does not seem that much to smile about.

Tell us about your work at RMIT.

Now I am senior programme manager and lecturer in international business at RMIT- Vietnam. I am responsible for the undergraduate programme in international business, which is the largest in the university, plus the Master of International Business programme. That means a lot of meetings and decisions about students and faculty.

Source: https://expatlifeinthailand.com/interview/dr-john-walsh-interview/

expat.png

-- © Copyright Expat Life in Thailand 2021-02-08