Pattaya is NOT dead: Thai media reports slammed online and now comes better news

webfact

4 hours ago, Geoffggi said:

Yes but it is not Hi-So .............LOL

3 hours ago, billd766 said:

IMHO Pattaya wont pick up until (perhaps) Q4 this year or sometime next year.

No more than the rest of us you don’t know. Pattaya and Thailand will “pick up” when tourists are allowed in without quarantine and many conditions .

They must also be allowed to travel from their own country without having to quarantine on their return. It is now worse than ever before in so far as many countries will not allow you to leave and go on holiday and fines are being handed out for even attempting to leave the country . 

Is all that going to be finished by Qtr4 ... I hope so . I miss Thailand badly. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, mrwebb8825 said:

Add to this the fact that most of the regular would-be tourists have been unemployed for a year (bosses too) so it will take another full year after reentering the work force before even thinking about taking a vacation.

Maybe the rich, retired "expatayians" will keep 10-12 bars afloat for another year.

A fair few of we regulars are retired, so that doesn't apply - sadly most of what @billd766 said does apply

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bbbbooboo said:

Hmmm.... Pattaya is not dead, it just looks like it is?

I was on 2nd road earlier this week, believe me when I say Pattaya IS dead, it's like a ghost town I would estimate 3 in every 4 premises were closed, all massage were shut open air bars had thick layer of dust on the floors and surfaces, many of these will not be open again for months or years rather than days or weeks. ????????

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Harveyboy said:

hey guys as far as Pattaya doom and gloom  some day busy some say dead ...well im going there tonight for a week or 2 ill let you all know the reality of what's happening in Pats

It can still offer up a good time, but it is what you make of it. 

Had a night out only last night... miss Kink GGB, and some of the beer bars seemed less populated than pre Lockdown 2. I decided to give Walking St a miss as there is a ruddy great hole I could fall into. LKM quite busy, but 11pm closing is too early.

1 hour ago, paulikens said:

@Oldie why do you live in pattaya as it sounds like you dont even like the place? bizarre

I have been living here for almost 30 years. Pattaya always had bars but there were not so many like now. In the area where I live there was nothing for very many years. Only during the last years more and more bars opened up here in Central Pattaya - Soi Buakhao, LK Metro, Tree Town and other areas in the city center. And YES I don't like this brothel atmosphere. I plan to move away and leave this place to sex tourists. This is no place for people like me anymore.

Years ago I was thinking it might get better because there was a female tourism minister that wanted to stop this sex business. But it just got MUCH worse and the new tourism minister even wants to extend the opening times of such businesses - if I remember correctly at least until 4 in the morning. This is not my world... I would never have sex with a prostitute or hang around in bars every night. It is time to move - I know. 

• Haha 1

On 2/10/2021 at 8:58 AM, GrandPapillon said:

the problem is the question of volume,

if the city was still medium sized, with the same bars as 2005/2006, then it could recover easily

but number of bars has exploded, the city has quadrupled in size since 2005, it's impossible to sustain a recovery with so much "weight" and "gravity" in play. The bigger they are, the bigger the fall.

I thought the Russian bosses had already packed and left........

8 hours ago, jacko45k said:

It can still offer up a good time, but it is what you make of it. 

Had a night out only last night... miss Kink GGB, and some of the beer bars seemed less populated than pre Lockdown 2. I decided to give Walking St a miss as there is a ruddy great hole I could fall into. LKM quite busy, but 11pm closing is too early.

yes will be down LK Sunday tks 

11 hours ago, Oldie said:

I have been living here for almost 30 years. Pattaya always had bars but there were not so many like now. In the area where I live there was nothing for very many years. Only during the last years more and more bars opened up here in Central Pattaya - Soi Buakhao, LK Metro, Tree Town and other areas in the city center. And YES I don't like this brothel atmosphere. I plan to move away and leave this place to sex tourists. This is no place for people like me anymore.

Years ago I was thinking it might get better because there was a female tourism minister that wanted to stop this sex business. But it just got MUCH worse and the new tourism minister even wants to extend the opening times of such businesses - if I remember correctly at least until 4 in the morning. This is not my world... I would never have sex with a prostitute or hang around in bars every night. It is time to move - I know. 

New bar “Dunroutin” opening soon may suit you !