New Zealand Maori leader ejected from parliament for not wearing a necktie

webfact

1 hour ago, Roadman said:

You are missing the issue. He claims the tie is a symbol of western racism. Yet stuck on top of his clueless head is a western Texas hat. Just another of the clueless muppets we have here in NZ governance along with the clueless leader Ardern.

In the 50 odd years of following politics in the country I have never seen such a clueless, incompetent pack of muppets as we have across all our parties. But then I can take some comfort in that as a western country it could have been worse watching the circus and outright racism and corruption of the US for the last four and a bit years. 

The USA is not involved in this issue, except in your mind, which seemingly is grasping for a relationship. Western, Texas hat? Haven't a clue where it was made or styled after. Colorado, Agentina, Mexico, Australia?

Edited by Benmart
Reword
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

Safety gear, seatbelts, helmets serve a purpose - ties don't.

And your Bernie shocking everyone ? - twice, second time with Lockheed....

For your information Bernie did a lot more!!!!He was a playboy and did whatever he pleased.

Safety gear and the rest serve a purpose,it is also going by the rules,as is following the dress code.

I am not dishing Mr Waititi and certainly do not want to take away any rights he has but is he going home at night driving a car and once home turns on the electric light or is that also to western for him?

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, Roadman said:

You are missing the issue. He claims the tie is a symbol of western racism. Yet stuck on top of his clueless head is a western Texas hat. Just another of the clueless muppets we have here in NZ governance along with the clueless leader Ardern.

In the 50 odd years of following politics in the country I have never seen such a clueless, incompetent pack of muppets as we have across all our parties. But then I can take some comfort in that as a western country it could have been worse watching the circus and outright racism and corruption of the US for the last four and a bit years. 

QUOTE: I have never seen such a clueless, incompetent pack of muppets

Yet these incompetent muppets managed to make godzone the only country in the world to be covid free.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Sujo said:

Kiwis as a whole do punch well above their weight on the international stage.

Yes, that is what I remember from my years fruit picking and tramping in godzone.

Also, but completely off topic, they speak neutral English, without the UK accent.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jvs said:

For your information Bernie did a lot more!!!!He was a playboy and did whatever he pleased.

Safety gear and the rest serve a purpose,it is also going by the rules,as is following the dress code.

I am not dishing Mr Waititi and certainly do not want to take away any rights he has but is he going home at night driving a car and once home turns on the electric light or is that also to western for him?

Maybe he wants to accept all the good things of pakeha culture, without the ridiculous nonsensical by products?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mfd101 said:

When I was a child in the NZ of the 1950s-60s, wearing a hat indoors was considered bad manners.

Clearly they haven't been keeping up standards!

Ah the bad old days.

Back in the 80's I witnessed the transformation from a backward English colony to a modern nation.

The influx of Hong Kong Chinese certainly played a role - they even got rid of English cooking - fuze food was born.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RocketDog said:

Everybody needs something negligible to be enraged about. 

For me it's ants in my garden. I'd wear a tie if the ants would leave. 

Only the old hippy ants would leave when seeing you with a tie. The majority might even crawl up to your ess, impressed by your  handsomeness.

44 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

Ah the bad old days.

Back in the 80's I witnessed the transformation from a backward English colony to a modern nation.

The influx of Hong Kong Chinese certainly played a role - they even got rid of English cooking - fuze food was born.

Mmmm, the last time I was in NZ on a short visit about 4 or 5 years ago, what was quite striking was (1) Chinese tourists everywhere and (2) the food & coffee was - for the first time ever - as good as the food in Oz. And splendid cafes everywhere. Wonderful!

Unfortunately, in what remains of my NZ family, the food hadn't changed since the 1960s. Inedible as ever.

1 hour ago, mfd101 said:

Mmmm, the last time I was in NZ on a short visit about 4 or 5 years ago, what was quite striking was (1) Chinese tourists everywhere and (2) the food & coffee was - for the first time ever - as good as the food in Oz. And splendid cafes everywhere. Wonderful!

Unfortunately, in what remains of my NZ family, the food hadn't changed since the 1960s. Inedible as ever.

It's been 10 years since I visited godzone, did not see Chinese loopies, but the Lord of the Rings crowds had arrived.

All things must pass.

And I agree on the cafés.

56 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

Ah the bad old days.

Yes I remember the influx of terrible drivers from Hong Kong and the name change of Howick to Chowick...I dont know what else they contributed to trannsforming NZ....as far as I can recall Auckland had far better restaurants and cafes than either Sydney or London in the 80s....Melbourne was an exception

1 hour ago, Phuket Stan said:

Yes I remember the influx of terrible drivers from Hong Kong and the name change of Howick to Chowick...I dont know what else they contributed to trannsforming NZ....as far as I can recall Auckland had far better restaurants and cafes than either Sydney or London in the 80s....Melbourne was an exception

Did you really mention restaurants in London? Even Farage was a culinary refugee.