In the market for another All-In-One computer

giddyup

1 hour ago, giddyup said:

No, its only a J125 CPU. Asus do one with Ryzen CPUs, 3 or 5. Look on Invade. 

• Like 1

I bought a very basic Acer AIO about six years ago.  It had 4GB of memory and a mechanical drive.  2 years ago it started slowing considerably.  I upgraded the the memory to 8Gb and replaced the drive with a 500GB SSD. Now Boots up in under 10 seconds, verses the eternity previously.   I am a very light user (browsing, documents and photos), but should give me another couple years before I need to replace.

• Like 2

Ten years ago, I bought a name brand all in one, 27" computer... there was a guarantee but by the first week, it was constantly thereafter in the shop.. no expense to me but no use of a computer either... 

The merchant took it back and refunded the 18,000 baht I had paid... I used it to buy a 54,000 baht Apple - and I am writing to you now from that computer... 

The advert looks good, but I guess ultimately you get what you pay for... 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Eindhoven said:

The way that I would do it would be to fit the SSD, clean install Windows to it. Put the HDD into a caddy. Plug it into the AIO and move the stuff over at leisure.

I cannot imagine any circumstance where I would give a "local guy" access to my data. I would not leave before they handed the HDD to me. No copying, no access. Nothing.

All those procedures, ie copying the HDD to the SSD might be beyond me, that's why I'd just prefer to buy a PC with a SSD installed (and Win 10)and just start from scratch. Plus I have to find someone who knows what they're doing.  I can always use my old Lenovo as a backup.

Edited by giddyup
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, giddyup said:

All those procedures, ie copying the HDD to the SSD might be beyond me, that's why I'd just prefer to buy a PC with a SSD installed (and Win 10)and just start from scratch. Plus I have to find someone who knows what they're doing.  I can always use my old Lenovo as a backup.

That's why I don't recommend any copying, cloning nor anything complicated.

This IS starting from scratch and you still haven't posted details of the PC. 

There is just ONE component that makes your PC slow. You are simply replacing that component. In fact the local techs are more than capable of cloning the current drive on to an SSD and should be able to do the job whilst you wait.

But I don't usually suggest cloning as of course you are also cloning carp that you might not want.

So just get them to swap drives and we can instruct as to how to clean install Windows 10 to it. 

12 minutes ago, Eindhoven said:

That's why I don't recommend any copying, cloning nor anything complicated.

This IS starting from scratch and you still haven't posted details of the PC. 

There is just ONE component that makes your PC slow. You are simply replacing that component. In fact the local techs are more than capable of cloning the current drive on to an SSD and should be able to do the job whilst you wait.

But I don't usually suggest cloning as of course you are also cloning carp that you might not want.

So just get them to swap drives and we can instruct as to how to clean install Windows 10 to it. 

It's a Lenovo All-In-One Desktop GFV3JKH, FB323084-E167-4DD, with 4GB RAM and Intel CPU J3710. Is that the info you need?

Edited by giddyup

Just now, giddyup said:

It's a Lenovo All-In-One FB323084-E167-4DD, with 4GB RAM and Intel CPU J3710. Is that the info you need?

Yes.

It's not the greatest CPU, but will be fine with an SSD. I can imagine it's a bit dull with an HDD. 

Lower end SSD: https://shopee.co.th/Silicon-Power-128GB-256GB-512GB-เอสเอสดี-A55-SSD-3D-TLC-NAND-SATA-III-2.5-Internal-Solid-State-Drive-3-Years-Warranty-i.219846402.7131212222

Recommended: https://shopee.co.th/Crucial-250GB-MX500-SATA3-2.5-SSD-i.44499173.876245867

https://www.invadeit.co.th/product/solid-state-drives-ssd/crucial/mx500-250gb-2-5inch-internal-ssd-ct250mx500ssd1-p034803/

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Eindhoven said:

Windows10 could not install video to give me 1920x1080 when I tried a clean install.  A hidden partition had to be available.  Clone worked fine.

Wattana Pattaya (opp Foodland Pattaya Klang) changed my HDD to SSD on my Dell desktop. SSD was WD Blue 256 Gb. They cloned it, and put my old HDD inside to use as storage for movies etc. Did a good job, everything definitely faster. Did this about a year ago.

I cannot remember the exact price but it was less than 2000 Baht. Hope this is helpful.

Edited by elfpattaya
Changed from Friendship to Foodland.
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Eindhoven said:

That doesn't sound right. 

Did not believe either but could not find any driver package for b310 that would install and what Window provided did not go above about 800 and nothing was in proportion (good circle) and only about 4 options.  What was and is being used is AMD Radon Ver 2015-1104-1643.30033.  Don't remember what Windows installed but did not provide a good image.

40 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Did not believe either but could not find any driver package for b310 that would install and what Window provided did not go above about 800 and nothing was in proportion (good circle) and only about 4 options.  What was and is being used is AMD Radon Ver 2015-1104-1643.30033.  Don't remember what Windows installed but did not provide a good image.

The reference that you quote is for the Catalyst Control Centre, not the Driver.

I expected that 15.200.1062.1004 would be the latest Driver for you.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-15-7-1

52 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

There is an even later Driver. Though in a Beta package: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-non-gcn-16-2-1-beta

6 hours ago, giddyup said:

I have had a Lenovo All-In-One PC for about 3 or 4 years and it's a bit slow and clunky and I'm worried it might die on me, so rather than wait, thought I might buy a backup, another All-In-One, and saw this on Lazada and wonder if it might fit the bill. I really know very little about computers, so hoping I might get some opinions on this

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/24-all-in-one-computer-intel-core-i7-3520m8gb-ramssd-256gbwin10-all-in-one-desktop-computer-pc-with-i1561996157-s4199198838.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlistcategory.list.75.33364c7bS8l7Fo&search=1&freeshipping=1

if you have a hard drive HDD,  you should change it to a Solid State Drive. SSD.  Your computer will no longer be clunky and will work like brand new.  You dont need a new one.  Your computer is not old.  I recently did this to two computers, both considerably older than yours, and both with the same problem you had.  Seriously, do it, and see.  You will be pleased, and also save loads.

• Like 2

Believe the issue may be that Lenovo has a number of special programs (brightness and eye distance being two of about 11) and the B310 did not seem to have much production beyond Thailand area.  I tried the fresh install when was having issues with the Kingston SSD that had not been firmware updated which you helped me with.  At any rate you helped be get it working good now so not going to kick the tires again.

Actually just checked and seem to be using AMD driver dated 4/11/2015 

Edited by lopburi3

15 minutes ago, nickmondo said:

if you have a hard drive HDD,  you should change it to a Solid State Drive. SSD.  Your computer will no longer be clunky and will work like brand new.  You dont need a new one.  Your computer is not old.  I recently did this to two computers, both considerably older than yours, and both with the same problem you had.  Seriously, do it, and see.  You will be pleased, and also save loads.

What size SSD should I be looking at?

7 hours ago, giddyup said:

I have had a Lenovo All-In-One PC for about 3 or 4 years and it's a bit slow and clunky and I'm worried it might die on me, so rather than wait, thought I might buy a backup, another All-In-One, and saw this on Lazada and wonder if it might fit the bill. I really know very little about computers, so hoping I might get some opinions on this

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/24-all-in-one-computer-intel-core-i7-3520m8gb-ramssd-256gbwin10-all-in-one-desktop-computer-pc-with-i1561996157-s4199198838.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlistcategory.list.75.33364c7bS8l7Fo&search=1&freeshipping=1

I am very happy with a HP DESKTOP AIO 24-DP0203D with 256 Solid State Disk for the operating system and a traditional HD of 1 Terabyte for the data....I paid less than 20,000 THB

6 hours ago, JaiMaai said:

The headline says an i7-3250M which is an 8 year old CPU

In the detailed description it says i7-620M which is even older,

That discrepancy alone is enough of a red flag for me.

Well spotted. It also has DDR3 RAM which is slower and more expensive to upgrade. Wifi is also 802.11n - slow for nowadays.

Price wise? - about double its value.

Avoid.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Andy from Kent said:

I've heard of all in one printers but an all in one computer is new to me.

They've been around for years

Great until something breaks then you are totally screwed. Better to buy separates and easy to replace/expand external drives etc.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Believe the issue may be that Lenovo has a number of special programs (brightness and eye distance being two of about 11) and the B310 did not seem to have much production beyond Thailand area.  I tried the fresh install when was having issues with the Kingston SSD that had not been firmware updated which you helped me with.  At any rate you helped be get it working good now so not going to kick the tires again.

Actually just checked and seem to be using AMD driver dated 4/11/2015 

Looks good.

OP will also likely be happy once a solid state drive is fitted. 

Do not buy this chinese S-hit .

Specifications of the processor are not very good , too : https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Intel+Core+i7-620M+%40+2.67GHz&id=849

Separate units are much easier to repair or to replace some parts like GPU's .

You can get better for less from real brand names .

I bought a chinese mini PC , it ended up in the rubbish on the 2nd day ...

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Eindhoven said:

Looks good.

OP will also likely be happy once a solid state drive is fitted. 

Had a look at prices for a 500GB SSD, around 2000 baht, plus fitting. I'm in Pattaya, so I guess one of the shops in Tucom can do the job?