Thai PM set to get first jab - AstraZeneca - as first batch of two vaccines arrive today

webfact

2 hours ago, Dogmatix said:

That's a weak excuse by Prayut because he doesn't want the Sinovac vaccine injected into him and nor would I.  The Sinovac was not trialed in over 59s but none of the trial data has been published anyway and what was unofficially released by Brazil suggests that it is barely effective.  Yet Thailand is willing to approve it on this basis and will use it on front line health workers, which is the exact group that Brazil found not to work properly in. What a disgrace. 

The Astra Zeneca was not trialed on over 65s.  So Prayut's reason for refusing the Sinovac applies equally to the Astra Zeneca, given that he is 67, although Astra Zeneca's trial data was at least prublished in a peer reviewed journal.  

In addition they haven't said how they suddenly got 17,000 doses of Astra Zeneca and where it came from (Italy, India?).  There is a total lack of transparency and a concerted effort to through sand in the eyes of the general public.

Aren't they selling it on lower Sukhumvit yet?

• Haha 1

Our Glorious Leader should be given the Chinese vaccine as he promised... and made to sign an agreement (disclaimer) same as Thais do when they receive the Chinese vaccine,  Oh as well, 200,000 vaccines were due to arrive today, but only 117,000 arrived, where are the other 3,000 or is someone going to make a profit... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Soikhaonoiken said:

Our Glorious Leader should be given the Chinese vaccine as he promised... and made to sign an agreement (disclaimer) same as Thais do when they receive the Chinese vaccine,  Oh as well, 200,000 vaccines were due to arrive today, but only 117,000 arrived, where are the other 3,000 or is someone going to make a profit... 

Your maths is not good. Don't you mean the other 83000?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, FarFlungFalang said:

We are favouring him because he is our leader but there is no favouritism.

He could have said (read; should have said) 'he wants everybody to see it doesn't hurt and it's safe, to encourage everybody to get the vaccine'.

But discourse about 'leader' is more important to this fake government. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, scorecard said:

He could have said (read; should have said) 'he wants everybody to see it doesn't hurt and it's safe, to encourage everybody to get the vaccine'.

But discourse about 'leader' is more important to this fake government. 

I don't think he could have said that because that would have hurt his face too much.I think he enjoys sticking needles into the Prayute voodoo doll too much!

22 hours ago, webfact said:

Thai PM set to get first jab - AstraZeneca - as first batch of two vaccines arrive today

3pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

Health minister and Deputy Prime Minister Anutin Charnvirakul told the press after a MoPH meeting yesterday that the first batches of Covid-19 vaccine would arrive today. 

There are 117,000 doses of AstraZeneca vaccine and the rest are Sinovac from China, reported Sanook.

Elsewhere it was reported that there are 200,000 doses of Sinovac in the first batch. 

PM Prayuth Chan-ocha will get the first dose, said Anutin, "because he is our leader".

He denied there was any favoritism connected to this.

"Lung Too" as Sanook referred to Prayuth, will be getting the AstraZeneca jab.

Anutin said this one didn't have any restrictions related to age. 

Dr Opas will be announcing the date of the PM's jab.

Anutin claimed that the AstraZeneca vaccine would have arrived earlier, even last month, but the firm had been concerned by what he called a "drama" at the end of last year and "didn't dare" send it. 

The health minister's comments can be seen in the context of criticism aimed at the Thai government for the slow rollout of vaccine, notes Thaivisa. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-02-24

I note that, given the choice between AstraZeneca and Sinovac the PM has opted for the western product. I wonder if this will be available to all or will the retirees and other rabble be offered only Sinovac?

6 hours ago, Soikhaonoiken said:

Only creaming off 1.5% must be a first here.

5 hours ago, mikosan said:
6 hours ago, Soikhaonoiken said:

Your maths is not good. Don't you mean the other 83000?

Interesting that 41.5%  have "not arrived" higher than the normal skim here of 30%-35% So where is that 41.5% any answers Prayout or from A Nut In government. I await their BS on this one.

11 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

You don’t think the Person running the country can be considered a key worker ????

Regardless of your politics and whether or not you agree with how he got there and how he administers office the Prime-minister or president of any nation along with key members of the administration, opposition and military will be high on the list of those receiving a vaccine - certainly higher up than a nurse or regular elderly person, that not only life, its common sense.... 

And one important factor you missed. Leaders, no matter what shade they are, should lead by example.

On 2/24/2021 at 9:37 AM, bluesofa said:

That's because they're not scared of the PRC.

I'm glad to see that the virus has awakened the world to the multiple dangers posed by the CCP. There are signs of distrust and dislike surfacing globally. 

I will refuse their vaccine unless my legal status here is threatened, and that seems unlikely. I'm willing to wait months if necessary. 

I also refuse to buy their submarines. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

You don’t think the Person running the country can be considered a key worker ????

Regardless of your politics and whether or not you agree with how he got there and how he administers office the Prime-minister or president of any nation along with key members of the administration, opposition and military will be high on the list of those receiving a vaccine - certainly higher up than a nurse or regular elderly person, that not only life, its common sense.... 

A truly elected leader yes him no 

4 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Interesting that 41.5%  have "not arrived" higher than the normal skim here of 30%-35% So where is that 41.5% any answers Prayout or from A Nut In government. I await their BS on this one.

Good question.  I'm not expecting them to provide an answer.

On 2/24/2021 at 9:32 AM, LazySlipper said:

He is so buddy buddy with China... why doesn't he get the Sinovac?

"C'mon man"....take the Sinovac vaccine from your friends in China......you want 40 million Chinese tourists to come here ........do the right thing.............be a leader and show them it's "Make China Great Again"