U.S. Border Patrol arrests 4,500 migrants in a day, a major increase amid fears of surge

webfact

5 hours ago, kingdong said:

Don,t know,none of my buisness,the us will pay for it not being built though.

Whether or not you make it your business is, of course, up to you, however don't try to kid anybody by pretending that you don't know that Mexico will not pay for any wall.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Blue Muton said:

Whether or not you make it your business is, of course, up to you, however don't try to kid anybody by pretending that you don't know that Mexico will not pay for any wall.

Merely voicing my opinion,don,t see how i can " make it my business "and to be brutally frank couldn,t personally give a tinkers cuss. If the " wall "( looked more like a fence from what i saw of it on tv ) gets built or not,nor who pays for it.

Edited by kingdong

5 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

They'd better be putting them in flipping 5 star hotels after the fuss they made over Trump following the procedures set up by the previous Democrat government then changing them in response to public backlash.  Sorry, I mean "putting kids in cages".

Can you link to the dem policy of putting them in cages? Thought not, it wasnt policy. But trump did have that policy, then lost the parents.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

You're attempting to misrepresent the situation at that time. The truth of the matter from your link...

The new “Central Processing Center,” or CPC, was clean, spacious, air-conditioned and a major improvement over the cramped detention cells and sweltering garages. To keep different demographic groups safely apart — a standard practice in detention settings — the U.S. Border Patrol used chain-link fencing to create partitions in the cavernous warehouse. One area was designated for teenage boys, another for mothers with small children, another for entire family groups, and so on.

• Thanks 1

On 3/6/2021 at 9:26 PM, Sujo said:

Trump promised the wall, didnt build it.

The wall doesnt stop anything, never has. But trump supporters seem to think it does, so blame trump for not building it.

The wall may not have been finished yet, but hundreds of miles were built. And despite what you may have heard on CNN, areas where the new wall was built resulted in a 95% drop in illegal crossings according to the US Border patrols. 

Biden and his party only care about future Democrat voters. If the overwhelming majority of people illegally crossing the border were future Republican voters, the wall would have 100% Democrat support, be double the height and twice as long, with turrets containing automated machine guns, and an alligator filled moat running below it. 

Edited by onthedarkside
flame comment removed
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/7/2021 at 9:30 PM, Sujo said:

Thats so wrong its funny.

40 miles of new wall. I suggest you review your news. No mexico didnt pay for it, you did.

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/12/trumps-border-wall-where-does-it-stand/

You are deliberately cherry picking and trying to move the goalposts as you bob and weave.

Several hundred miles of new border wall / fence / barrier were constructed during the Trump presidency. It is not relevant whether they were built in new areas of the border or not, the existing barriers the new wall replaced were porous and ineffective.

You also said in a previous post that "the wall doesn't stop anything", which is completely false, bordering on absurd. So a 95% drop in illegal crossings constitutes nothing?  And no, "I" did not pay for anything. I am not American, nor do I live there, nor have I ever paid any tax there.

Furthermore, if Trump had won another term, the wall construction would have continued, another fact seemingly lost on you. And perhaps he will, and it will.

Edited by onthedarkside
flame comment removed
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/5/2021 at 3:31 PM, vandeventer said:

All future Democrats and not a penny in their pocket. And Joe is not even having them checked for covid 19. It's done in the city's in Mexico . Yesterday they released 108 positive covid 19 people into the USA. Good job Joe, you are really looking after Americans.

Could I ask, is your primary concern whether they have Covid 19, whether they have no money, or whether they are likely to one day vote Democrat?

I take it as granted that their ethnicity is absolutely not a concern!

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

On 3/8/2021 at 1:41 AM, Masterton said:

Typical response, if you hear something you disagree with or did not know then it must mean the person is telling "porkies". I have watched several interviews with US Border Patrol and ICE officials discussing this. Or perhaps you know better than they do ? Somehow you seem to think that thousands of people can just magically walk through a giant steel barrier. And stop being intellectually lazy, the information is out there if you choose to seek it out.

Start here: https://www.dhs.gov/news/2020/10/29/border-wall-system-deployed-effective-and-disrupting-criminals-and-smugglers to get an overview of the figures. They are not "way less than 50%". 

Regarding your second "question", the reason there is a surge now is not because of the wall or lack thereof, it is because of the inept Biden administration changing policies to let everyone in. But I suspect you already knew that and are just being facetious. 

It's interesting that you use, as a source, an archived notice.  You might want to check the date.   

• Like 2

There are basically three groups of people crossing the border and each of them needs to be dealt with differently.  

First, there are the predominantly Mexican illegals seeking work.  The group includes drug smugglers and those involved in criminal activity.   Most of them have no intention to ask for asylum and generally they should be deported quickly unless they have legal issues to face in the US.  

The 2nd and 3rd group are both people who are crossing to claim asylum.  These groups intend to turn themselves into CBP for processing. 

The 3rd group is unaccompanied minors, who need special consideration because of their age.   They may not be able to articulate their claim to refugee status easily or well.  They also need to be placed somewhere such as a group home, foster care or with relatives who have been screened and approved to care for them.  Like all children, they have to have a legal guardian and in these cases, that guardian is the US gov't (or its designee).

The biggest problem with the asylum process is how slow it is.   It gets hard to deport people who have established themselves, such as when they marry a US citizen, have a child, who is a US citizen, etc.  

Once a claim has been denied the person should be removed from the country as soon as possible.  

Resources also need to given to the countries of origin to stem the flow. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/4/2021 at 7:31 PM, PatOngo said:

But, the wall, the big, beautiful wall, the wall that Mexico will pay for, what happened??? 

Politics.  We have millions of illegals already and bound to have more as the political winds change.  It's nice to have new voters and people who will mow your lawn and stuff like that.  It's kind of like Thailand welcomed Lao and Vietnamese refugees back in the 60's - NOT.  They paid for it.

On 3/11/2021 at 4:46 AM, Damrongsak said:

Politics.  We have millions of illegals already and bound to have more as the political winds change.  It's nice to have new voters and people who will mow your lawn and stuff like that.  It's kind of like Thailand welcomed Lao and Vietnamese refugees back in the 60's - NOT.  They paid for it.

America is a country of immigrants.  With the exception of a few.  Funny how those from immigrant families are now against immigration.

Immigration is a real mess.  Made worse by politics....  I watched a video of Ronald Regan during a presidential debate.  This was decades ago.  The topic?  How to fix illegal immigration. 

They've been kicking the can down the road for years.  Change is desperately needed in the US.  The political system is broken. 

Edited by onthedarkside
trolling reference removed
  • Like 2

On 3/8/2021 at 3:57 AM, Masterton said:

You are deliberately cherry picking and trying to move the goalposts as you bob and weave.

Several hundred miles of new border wall / fence / barrier were constructed during the Trump presidency. It is not relevant whether they were built in new areas of the border or not, the existing barriers the new wall replaced were porous and ineffective.

You also said in a previous post that "the wall doesn't stop anything", which is completely false, bordering on absurd. So a 95% drop in illegal crossings constitutes nothing ? And no, "I" did not pay for anything. I am not American, nor do I live there, nor have I ever paid any tax there.

Furthermore, if Trump had won another term, the wall construction would have continued, another fact seemingly lost on you. And perhaps he will, and it will.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trump_wall

The U.S. built new barriers along 455 miles,[6][7][8] 49 miles of which previously had no barrier.

You need to differentiate between "NEW" and "UPGRADE".  Only 49 miles of NEW wall were built. 

Trump campaigned on building a wall across the entire border.  And make Mexico pay for it.   Stunning so many fell for it.

In the end, walls don't work.  The problem needs to be fixed at the source.  Central America and our lousy immigration laws.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-51304861

US-Mexico border: 'Longest ever' smuggling tunnel discovered

• Like 1