Irate netizens turn on "hiso" in a Mustang after he parks in airport bay for handicapped

webfact

Irate netizens turn on "hiso" in a Mustang after he parks in airport bay for handicapped

10pm.jpg
Picture: Daily News

Daily News reported on the latest case of an inconsiderate and wealthy Thai parking their expensive sports car in a bay for handicapped people.

The story went viral on social media after a post on the "Ton Khao Ton Prakarn" page ocontaining CCTV showing a yellow Mustang in a bay clearly signed as for the handicapped. 

It happened in Zone 3 Floor 3 at Suvarnabhumi airport.

The poster and sources said that the driver was told not to park there by security but just walked off ignoring the guard.

The car was clamped and a notice put on the windshield to contact the airport. But it had already been left there for two days and the driver had yet to return. 

10pm1.jpg
Picture: Daily News

The Daily News' source said this was a frequent occurrence and the subject of many complaints. These rich people couldn't care less, they said, and the fine was too small to make them care. 

Meanwhile netizens had some sharp words for the miscreant with one suggesting that they should be named and shamed and even shown the door out of Thailand. 

thai+visa_news.jpg

Steve Mcqueen is rolling over in his grave with that color choice. 

Most of my friends had Mustangs, Challengers, Chargers, Corvettes in high school. My Dodge Challenger RT/SE cost $2,400. I just laugh at these Thais that have no clue. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Clearly you do not live near me, when i am in the pickup with my wife virtually impossible to park in a disable bay, because some arrogant sod is using it, only place in this area we can park in the disabled bay is  big C Banphai the 3 disabled bays are kept free for disabled by the security guard.

Also there is a car sticker for disabled here, anybody needing 1 has to go to the drivers license office to obtain 1.

Again, i'm not knocking the disabled from their rights to a better parking facilities, but unlike many other other countries that we hailed from, handicap people are not seen as frequently as in other countries, seriously, how may wheelchairs or crutches aided people do we see on a daily basis? very rarely, and that is the point i'm trying to make...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4

Of course it is not ok this Mustang took the liberty to park on a spot reserved for disabled people. But I live next to Taksin bridge and every morning (except week-end) there are  2 ambulances crossing the bridge with sirens on at exactly the same time. I have no proof, but I wouldn't be surprised some folks are using these ambulances to avoid traffic jams...

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

Again, i'm not knocking the disabled from their rights to a better parking facilities, but unlike many other other countries that we hailed from, handicap people are not seen as frequently as in other countries, seriously, how may wheelchairs or crutches aided people do we see on a daily basis? very rarely, and that is the point i'm trying to make...

True, I've never seen them.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, ezzra said:

OK, " Irate".. a bit of an over kill here... been driving in Thailand for over 30 years and yet to see a real handicap person once in a blue moon trying to park they cars and go about their business, you know, the one with wheelchair or similar equipment,  also, i don't think that handicap people cars have a sticker on them to differentiate them from non handicap cars...but its just me...

As much as I hate this jerks attitude, there seems to be quite a bit of overkill as far as handicapped spaces in shopping centres. Lotus in Pattaya has many allocated handicapped spaces, usually all empty, and unless you see the driver park, how would you know who's handicapped and who's not?

• Sad 1

Why not just Tow is to Police Storage Yard... Or is it o Police Employee owned Car? 2 Days? Security needs to have it Towed!!

"Really! Stupid is... What Stupid Does...."

Edited by davidstipek
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

These rich people couldn't care less, they said, and the fine was too small to make them care. 

He's gone for a  couple of days... when he returns make him wait for another couple of days before releasing his cherished car.

On 3/12/2021 at 1:07 PM, Daffy D said:

I read somewhere that the over 70s can use disable parking and also the disabled toilets.

Don't know if it's actually true  ??????

Some signs lump in the over 70's with disabled in car parking spaces.

I refuse to use them, I'm well over 70, but I don't regard my age as a disability, more an advantage.

• Thanks 1