Actress strips at Cesar Awards to protest France's COVID-19 strategy

rooster59

Actress strips at Cesar Awards to protest France's COVID-19 strategy

2021-03-13T021959Z_1_LYNXMPEH2C012_RTROPTP_4_FRANCE-CINEMA-CESAR.JPG

French actress and master of ceremony Marina Fois performs on stage during the 46th Cesar Awards ceremony at the Olympia concert hall in Paris, France, March 12, 2021. Bertrand Guay/Pool via REUTERS

PARIS (Reuters) - French actress Corinne Masiero stripped naked on stage during a scaled-back Cesar Awards ceremony in Paris to protest the government's months-long closure of theatres and cinemas during the coronavirus pandemic.

She had "no culture no future" written on her chest and "give us art back Jean" on her back, in a message to Prime Minister Jean Castex.

Masiero, 57, was on stage to present the award for best costume, wearing a donkey outfit and a blood-stained dress before she stripped before the audience.

France's answer to the Oscars, the ceremony is in normal times the biggest night on the French cinema calendar but on Friday there were no flashbulbs on the red carpet and no partners on the arms of award nominees.

The ceremony took place at a theatre as anger and frustration grows amongst actors, musicians and artists at the government's unwillingness to set a date for the reopening of museums, galleries, concert halls and movie houses.

Marina Fois, one of France's best known comedians, took aim at the government's months-long closure of theatres and cinemas during the coronavirus pandemic in a searing speech to open the ceremony.

Fois, who hosted the night, took a swipe at Culture Minister Roselyne Bachelot for finding time to write a book during the COVID-19 crisis and said: "I'm losing confidence in you."

Nor did she hold back from attacking the French government's broader strategy to counter the COVID-19 crisis, as cases in the country topped 4 million.

"They cooped up our youngsters, closed our cinemas and theatres and banned concerts so that they could open churches, because we're a secular country, so that old people could go to church," she said. The majority of French people are Roman Catholic.

Across the capital, several dozen protesters were occupying the Odeon Theatre for an eighth night demanding cultural venues be reopened and more financial support.

(Reporting by Richard Lough; Editing by Sonya Hepinstall, Alexandra Hudson)

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2021-03-13

I wish more people would strip down and demand to be heard

"

"The ceremony took place at a theatre as anger and frustration grows amongst actors, musicians and artists at the government's unwillingness to set a date for the reopening of museums, galleries, concert halls and movie houses."

surprised to see that this news is even let out to the public.   almost every protest is swept under the red carpet fairly quickly

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

13 minutes ago, Enoon said:

"Looking at that picture"

"That picture" is not the woman that stripped off.

"That picture" is the compere/presenter.

It gets worse , Marina Fois was the grand daughter of the stripping actress.

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Enoon said:

I realized that after I wrote my comment and looked up the naked picture of the stripper. The stripper looks even worse than the presenter.

I don't recommend that anybody should do that. You have been warned!

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, petermik said:

have you looked in the mirror lately......????

Yes I have. But that mirror is in my apartment. And I don't really need a mirror to realize that stripping in front of a crowd would not be a good idea.

But then again I am no actress who wants to have her 15 minutes of fame/shame.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Enoon said:

So I am not the only one who actually reads the article.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Looking at that picture I wonder how many people died because of the shock when they saw her. She looks already bad with clothes. I don't want to even imagine how bad it would get if she removes those clothes. 

That's not the one who stripped, that's the MC (MISTRESS of Ceremonies). The one who did was 57 years old.................

Sorry Enoon & car, I posted before I read yours. 

Edited by KannikaP

22 hours ago, rumak said:

I wish more people would strip down and demand to be heard

"

"The ceremony took place at a theatre as anger and frustration grows amongst actors, musicians and artists at the government's unwillingness to set a date for the reopening of museums, galleries, concert halls and movie houses."

surprised to see that this news is even let out to the public.   almost every protest is swept under the red carpet fairly quickly

Maybe all the bar girls at patpong and nana should do that.  Just let me know when they do.

On 3/13/2021 at 6:43 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

Looking at that picture I wonder how many people died because of the shock when they saw her. She looks already bad with clothes. I don't want to even imagine how bad it would get if she removes those clothes. 

You clearly don't appreciate real mature woman.

3 hours ago, SomchaiCNX said:

It's not supposed to be appreciated.

In Berkely, California it isn't all that uncommon for people to walk around nekkid to protest something.  99% of the time it is indeed a punishing sight, and that's the point.

7 hours ago, SomchaiCNX said:

They are obviously needed to bring fresh not so mature girls into this world so in a way I appreciate them. But I don't have to see them, and I definitely don't have to see them naked.

• Haha 1