Bang Khae market COVID-19 cluster spreads to 4 more provinces

webfact

9 hours ago, bojo said:

I was under the impression that they closed the country to pretty much the whole world, not only Western. They also did so far quicker than 'the Western world' and in my opinion have done a great job in keeping Covid out of their backyard and I dread to think how the healthcare system would have coped otherwise, (not for sure)  ...............Don't think we'll ever know where it's coming from, not even sure the scientists do either................................

Maybe I didn't put it exactly the way you wanted to hear it?  When I use the word western that is because up until December every word out of their medical leader was about dirty farangs while they were catering to the  Koreans, Japanese particularly with the Chinese, every travel bubble was to target these groups!  They wanted high or big spenders, visa for Japanese investor who would spend 10 million plus you can an elite visa or pass into the country. 

It would be tough to know where it is coming from even scientists because you aren't going to get transparency from the CCP, in general, when people lie, deflect if I had to guess in this particular case it would be China, if it isn't then let's have a real inspection!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, meltonpie said:

I'm not sure how to interpret the figures you quote.

According to Worldometer today - since the start of the pandemic the testing rates per million are now  UK 1,512,475 (yes that's one and a half million per million) and Thailand is 22,896.

UK has capacity to do more than 800,000 tests per day currently.

On top of the NHS tests many companies are testing visitors to their premises. I was tested by one company twice in less than a week.

17 hours ago, wasabi said:

The Covid pandemic has made me realize Thailand is still stuck in third world status with a few nice shopping malls and condo projects thrown in.

But they were ranked, by data they supplied, as one of the top countries in the world to handle a pandemic. So was the USA.  ????

7 hours ago, meltonpie said:

According to Worldometer today - since the start of the pandemic the testing rates per million are now  UK 1,512,475 (yes that's one and a half million per million) and Thailand is 22,896.

Thailand is doing around 3000 tests per day. That seems to be where they cap out. Quite a stark difference from 800,000.

The UK and Thailand have roughly the same population size. It’s embarrassing how poorly Thailand is handling this when it comes to testing. 

12 hours ago, meltonpie said:

One way to interpret the figures would be that they are from the wrong column they are from the deaths per million column.

Good catch.It would be good to know what capacity Thailand has in regards to testing.

5 hours ago, dcnx said:

Thailand is doing around 3000 tests per day. That seems to be where they cap out. Quite a stark difference from 800,000.

The UK and Thailand have roughly the same population size. It’s embarrassing how poorly Thailand is handling this when it comes to testing. 

EFF6700D-E8C7-4EB2-B5F3-2621304E90F1.jpeg.260d0cb777c4ea95c582b5438a1e79d2.jpeg

This chart is a little behind but the numbers still seem a little inflated with 0.21 tests per 1000 of population.

Edited by FarFlungFalang

I'm alright Jack....Got me vaccine book, PPE, jumped through all the hoops like a good little circus seal, got more insurance than an astronaut, and am now looking forward to spending my holiday in a smelly dirty little room eating garbage food....... 

Yeah, welcome to the LOS.........  

People still are not getting it........  Stop jumping through hoops and kissing the rear end of people that don't want you here.........   Wait till the doors fall off and just walk in, just like it was before when you could cross Thailands borders without the Gestapo interview that is todays welcome....... 

3c10c22bb009667abe696f9d5b2b2206--knights-hospitaller-knights-templar.jpg

On 3/15/2021 at 12:40 AM, The retired guy said:

Yes, specifically if I get sick ???? 

TRULY AMAZING! The population of Thailand is about one fifth that of the USA's but it does not have one fifth the number of covid-19 cases or deaths. The U.S. has 29,730,000 cases and 541,143 deaths as of this writing. If Thailand had the same numbers per capita it would have around 5,946,000 cases and around 108,000 deaths. However, it only has 27,594 cases and 90 deaths. So, understanding your reasoning is beyond me. However, I think it pertinent to advise you that I was warned by an American physician that at my age, and being unvaccinated, a trip back to the USA could be a death sentence for me. So, I'll stay put until I can get the Johnson and Johnson vaccine.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, oslooskar said:

TRULY AMAZING! The population of Thailand is about one fifth that of the USA's but it does not have one fifth the number of covid-19 cases or deaths. The U.S. has 29,730,000 cases and 541,143 deaths as of this writing. If Thailand had the same numbers per capita it would have around 5,946,000 cases and around 108,000 deaths. However, it only has 27,594 cases and 90 deaths. So, understanding your reasoning is beyond me. However, I think it pertinent to advise you that I was warned by an American physician that at my age, and being unvaccinated, a trip back to the USA could be a death sentence for me. So, I'll stay put until I can get the Johnson and Johnson vaccine.

Correct, all the on-going nonsense about tests, no test etc, just look at the death rate, 90 in over 12 months, mostly marginal that CV19 actually caused the deaths, so why the ad nauseum ranting. 

On 3/15/2021 at 11:56 AM, Darksidedude said:

These markets should be burned down and shut permanently

They're part of the local culture, which is why most of us left our boring and sterile countries in the first place. If you don't like it, you know where the airport is.

• 1 month later...
On 3/15/2021 at 12:38 AM, Taswegian23 said:

Great, then perhaps you could clue in the rest of the world since you seem to know better... tell us where COVID-19 originated, I'm sure a crowd of people will beat a path to your door. Nobody else seems to know where it originated...

<waiting>

It’s obvious isn’t it?  I wonder how many world wide pandemics have arisen from the 1000’s of wet markets in Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia, and Laos?  Why do they always come from China?