AstraZeneca finds no evidence of increased blood clot risk from vaccine

webfact

12 hours ago, polpott said:

Pro vaxxers rely on data. Anti vaxxers rely on rhetoric. There's a difference. The data shows that there are no issues with the AZ vaccine. Must be a big disappointment to anti vaxxers.

Ah, deflections where would we be without them. Good one, but not what I was posting about. Where is the conspiracy in why Ireland, Denmark, Norway and Iceland suspended the use of AZ. Need some facts here not just hot air.

Take your time,  I've got all hot season.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rasmus5150 said:

I am pro-vaxxer and will always prefer the AZ vaccine compared to none at all. But I believe the Danish Government is doing the right thing, to make sure that everything is up to safety standard....

Whilst their citizens continue to die from Covid. 3 dead yesterday and 613 new cases, a significant increase.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, polpott said:

Whilst their citizens continue to die from Covid. 3 dead yesterday and 613 new cases, a significant increase.

Actually the numbers in Denmark is decreasing.

And personally I think it's better that the scientists eliminate all possible doubts that we don't put healthy lives in danger by injecting the vaccine.

I'm sure that the relatives of the 3 people that died yesterday will disagree - and probably also you polpott

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, polpott said:

Come on.... It's like minimal changes. It's not like there's a third wave coming.

The Danish Government has also relaxed their restrictions significantly, and downgraded all Regions to level 4 - 5 being the highest on their scale (except Copenhagen that stays on 5).

I'm just happy that we are making 100% sure, so we don't end up having a disaster like the MMR Vaccine Controversy in the United Kingdom in the 1990s.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, polpott said:

The disaster was anti vaxxers spreading fake news. Doctor published research in the Lancet claiming a link between MMR and autism. Later shown to be based on false data. He was prosecuted and debarred from practicing medicine. However, the damage was done, particularly amongst ethnic minorities. A legacy we are still seeing today with the Covid vaccine. Anti vaxxers and spreaders of fake news can be dangerous and cost many lives.

OK then - you're right, that was a horrible example.

Then let's make sure we don't get another Thalidomide Birth Defects Scandal, like in Germany.

What I'm trying to say is that, better safe than sorry.

And unfortunately people will die of Covid while we are making sure we are being safe with the vaccine injections.

And I must repeat that I'm Pro-vaccine

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Crossy said:

In my jaded mind there's no doubt whatever it's political. 

No problem, if some countries don't want the Az vaccine then there's more for those who do.

Very true except for when you're in one of the countries banning it leaving only the Chinese vaccine as an option.

16 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

The super effective and inexpensive AZ vaccine seems to be being attacked by many countries that have spent billions developing their own less effective vaccines.

Can't imagine why...

Makes sense.  They invested in them, are first up to get the jabs, etc.  Why wait in line for another jab when you've got a homegrown one ready to go?