Wireless Car Key Cloning

trevoromgh

Have just bought a Toyota Camry 2007 which has a wireless car key system but only one key currently.  When I approached a Toyota dealership for a quote to provide a spare they said it would cost 17,600 THB.   Needless to say I did not take them up on that so I am looking for a local company which offers such a cloning service.  Any ideas please?

Just for clarity it is 100% wireless with only a small skeleton key to open the car in an emergency but no ignition key slot.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Tesco, Mee Choek:  Guy in the leftmost entrance lobby looking from the car park (closest one to Amorn if you happen to be reading this already in the store).  Had several different keys cloned there over the past three years.  Somewhere in the region of 1800 baht last time but I believe not all makes of care cost the same.

• Thanks 1

Was looking for the same thing, found a small place by accident today near Jed Yod Temple. Got a spare key for my Honda CBR that has an electronic security system in the key. Cost me 180 baht and took around 3 minutes. You have to phone the guy and he will come on his moped. Number is on an A4 sheet on the left. Not sure if he speaks English. 

https://www.google.co.th/maps/@18.8080986,98.9714172,3a,75y,264.85h,74.01t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sme0SuSww3ridlrNQRE5OuQ!2e0!7i16384!8i8192?hl=en-GB

• Thanks 1

Wow! 17,600 Baht for a new key!

Were these vehicles supplied with 2 keys when new? If so, what happened to the 2nd key? I'd be concerned that the car may be "borrowed" in the future. Also, if there were 2 keys, did you negoiate a similar discount for replacement of the key? 

1 hour ago, soi3eddie said:

Wow! 17,600 Baht for a new key!

Were these vehicles supplied with 2 keys when new? If so, what happened to the 2nd key? I'd be concerned that the car may be "borrowed" in the future. Also, if there were 2 keys, did you negoiate a similar discount for replacement of the key? 

Not sure how many keys it originally came with but assume it was two.  Given its age and four previous owners any one of them might have lost it as the size makes it easy to mislay. I chose not to demand further discounts in order to maintain family harmony as my negotiating better half was more than stressed out already. If I was concerned about someone stealing it in that fashion I'd probably fit a GPS tracker as it'd probably be cheaper than a new key.

Edited by trevoromgh

2 hours ago, Postmaster said:

Lordblackadder is right. That  guy can do it but its not BIG C EXTRA, its Big C Sukhumvit, accessible from

Pattaya Tai also assuming you are on the Eastern Seaboard.

Pattaya Tai in Chiang Mai - who woulda thunk it