Pimples

Andy from Kent

The Missus has suffered a relapse of a pimple  (acne) outbreak.      I'd like to find a source for a product called Clearasil.     Can someone recommend a  source please?

Last year when she had an attack she went to a skin/beauty clinic and that set us back around 35K.   I'd rather give some products a try this time around.

Hormonal issue perhaps.  Clinics are not the ticket even though they prod and prod you.  There are some OTC medicines available, but then seeing a dermatologist at a hospital might be a better option.

https://shopee.co.th/search?keyword=clearasil

https://www.lazada.co.th/catalog/?q=clearasil&_keyori=ss&from=input&spm=a2o4m.home.search.go.61a9719c5OfeaS

Above sent believing you were in Thailand but see that may not be true and you say Kent.

Edited by lopburi3
Note source for Thailand but he may not be here.
  • Like 1

Depending upon what sort of "pimples" they are, it could be hormonal, so a doctor would prescribe something for that.

Another cream to consider is Retin A which will send the area little red, whilst it sloughs off a little of the top layer of the skin, thereby opening up the pores to unblock them or to clear out any infection.

An unhappy girl pointed out to me that she had pimples. So I asked her why do you have pimples. She said she was allergic to her cheap makeup and it gave her pimples. I asked what she would do. She said she would apply more makeup to hide the pimples. I asked why she didn't stop using the makeup. She said she had to use it, because she had pimples.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, ColeBOzbourne said:

An unhappy girl pointed out to me that she had pimples. So I asked her why do you have pimples. She said she was allergic to her cheap makeup and it gave her pimples. I asked what she would do. She said she would apply more makeup to hide the pimples. I asked why she didn't stop using the makeup. She said she had to use it, because she had pimples.

But if I had a Rich Falang like you I could buy the expensive make-up to cover my pimples, and my pimples would be gone, she told the man named ColeBozbourne....

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

20210317_133745.thumb.jpg.d63145a9031e57c73373ff9947aace74.jpgMy Mrs uses this occasionally, cheap as chips & readily available, try your local mom n pop shop or 7/11 etc.????

It contains sulfanilamide which is an antibacterial drug which has been around for yonks, and may work, but of course it depends upon the nature/cause of the pimples.

No harm in trying, by sprinkling just a drop of water in one's palm and adding the powder to make a paste and spread on the face.

All these cleansing things aren't really worth their money, they might improve the situation a bit, but that's it.

Things that can really help are (depending on what is the cause): Birth control pill, Antiobiotics, Acnotin (For Acnotin you need to see a doctor, not available OTC in Thailand)

5 minutes ago, jackdd said:

All these cleansing things aren't really worth their money, they might improve the situation a bit, but that's it.

Things that can really help are (depending on what is the cause): Birth control pill, Antiobiotics, Acnotin (For Acnotin you need to see a doctor, not available OTC in Thailand)

I think Retin A is available over the counter and it cleared up a friends acne, but as we have both said it may need a hormone treatment (birth control pill)or an oral antibiotic if it is a deep seated infection, but last option IMO.

3 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Thanks lopburi3,

I looked at these sites previously  but for some reason the Missus decided to head off to Fascino and buy products there.

This time she bought off both the links you posted.        Pimples and acme are so devastating to a lady and I feel so  powerless to help her.