Putin offers Biden public talks after U.S. president says he thinks he is a killer

webfact

12 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

And yet, most wars were started by Republicans. Hmmmm.....

If one were to compare the US political system to a dystopian society divided into distinct factions based on how many wars they have started, an interesting outcome rebuking conventional perceptions would have been observed.

It is not about the strong on defense, hawkish Republicans juxtaposed with peace-loving dovish Democrats anymore. Looking back at the past 118 years, there have been some 'divergents' — warmongering Democrats and amicable Republicans. However, more interestingly and surprising for the conventional-minded — the number of the XX century Democratic presidents who kept from starting wars is actually zero.

According to the research conducted by Sputnik, since the turn of the 20th century — out of 8 US presidents none have managed to stay away from initiating military aggression.

In turn, out of 12 Republican leaders, two — Warren Harding and Gerald Ford — have deviated from the generally accepted party reputation.

Yes you are right

Edited by ICELANDMAN

4 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

It was totally uncalled for calling Putin a killer. A completely ignorant thing to say.

yes and as a cowboy would say in a Western

- " Dems are fight'n'words!"

• Haha 2

As far as the future of relations between the two countries maybe its better for them to completely bottom out and try to repair from that place of reality. Neither side wants war. Biden needed to pivot from the rejected president that sided with Putin over his own intelligence service. As far as Putin's troll proposal to a live debate which we know Biden will never go for that should be treated with derision. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

As far as the future of relations between the two countries maybe its better for them to completely bottom out and try to repair from that place of reality. Neither side wants war. Biden needed to pivot from the rejected president that sided with Putin over his own intelligence service. As far as Putin's troll proposal to a live debate which we know Biden will never go for that should be treated with derision. 

Of course biden won't be allowed to debate Putin. biden is unable to think clearly. Just recently he called his VP, president harris. Biden is a walking meme.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Of course biden won't be allowed to debate Putin. biden is unable to think clearly. Just recently he called his VP, president harris. Biden is a walking meme.

Invoking slips of the tongue as evidence of being unable to think clearly is laughable. Expert gerontologists disagree with your evaluation. Of course, if you have a degree in gerontology and would care to share some evidence of your research in the field, please feel free to do so.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Invoking slips of the tongue as evidence of being unable to think clearly is laughable. Expert gerontologists disagree with your evaluation. Of course, if you have a degree in gerontology and would care to share some evidence of your research in the field, please feel free to do so.

The slip is just one small example of biden's inability to answer random questions. I don't need a degree to see how hard it is for him hold on to a thought. Hey, joe's an alright guy I'm sure, he's just way over his head here.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

The election is over. The American people elected Joe Biden president while being well aware of his old age and accusations of mental impairment. Its time to give this election attack stuff a rest already. If a time comes where white house insiders decide Biden can't function as president I assume they will try to persuade him to resign or invoke Article 25. But we are not there at this time and hopefully never will be.

People are free to continue trashing Biden but in the context of the conflict with Putin be clear they are serving Putin's agenda by doing that.

I would like to see criticisms of Biden to be about policies rather than these ugly personal attacks. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

Please tell me the upside to publicly calling Putin a killer. Regardless of truth, it was a totally stupid remark to make. 

Was there an upside to calling Kim Jong Un "Little Rocketman" then saying he (Trump) and Kim fell in love?

That is just one of many idiotic statements made by Trump that had no upside.  Did they upset you?

Biden calling Putin a killer was not an example of the idiotic stream of consciousness utterances that came from Trump; Biden knew what he was saying and the implications.  Putin now knows that there is no longer a push-over in the White House and that actions taken against the United States will have implications.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Was there an upside to calling Kim Jong Un "Little Rocketman" then saying he (Trump) and Kim fell in love?

That is just one of many idiotic statements made by Trump that had no upside.  Did they upset you?

Biden calling Putin a killer was not an example of the idiotic stream of consciousness utterances that came from Trump; Biden knew what he was saying and the implications.  Putin now knows that there is no longer a push-over in the White House and that actions taken against the United States will have implications.

Trump isn't president, biden is. I'm sure biden regrets saying what he did. Stay tuned for his first press conference 25 March, more fubbs to follow.

20 hours ago, ICELANDMAN said:

If one were to compare the US political system to a dystopian society divided into distinct factions based on how many wars they have started, an interesting outcome rebuking conventional perceptions would have been observed.

It is not about the strong on defense, hawkish Republicans juxtaposed with peace-loving dovish Democrats anymore. Looking back at the past 118 years, there have been some 'divergents' — warmongering Democrats and amicable Republicans. However, more interestingly and surprising for the conventional-minded — the number of the XX century Democratic presidents who kept from starting wars is actually zero.

According to the research conducted by Sputnik, since the turn of the 20th century — out of 8 US presidents none have managed to stay away from initiating military aggression.

In turn, out of 12 Republican leaders, two — Warren Harding and Gerald Ford — have deviated from the generally accepted party reputation.

Yes you are right

and Harding and Ford each had less than a full term.. Harding not long after the horrors of world war 1 and Ford just after getting out of Vietnam 

• Thanks 1

The stairs thing wasn't a good look but I think it's due to ..the wind.. no, like all of us he tries to be younger than he is and tried to compensate too quickly for his initial stumble. He probably did so because of all the naysayers regarding his age. I hope he accepts his age and just takes it easy.

If the worst he is doing is  having a few trivial memory lapses like forgetting someone's name on the spur of the moment then to to me that's fine.  Who of us doesn't do that. When it comes to substantive issues I have seen no sign of mental deterioration and, though there are difficulties with immigration,  he is headed in a positive and sensible direction. 

9 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

The stairs thing wasn't a good look but I think it's due to ..the wind.. no, like all of us he tries to be younger than he is and tried to compensate too quickly for his initial stumble. He probably did so because of all the naysayers regarding his age. I hope he accepts his age and just takes it easy.

If the worst he is doing is  having a few trivial memory lapses like forgetting someone's name on the spur of the moment then to to me that's fine.  Who of us doesn't do that. When it comes to substantive issues I have seen no sign of mental deterioration and, though there are difficulties with immigration,  he is headed in a positive and sensible direction. 

You're absolutely right about biden and the stair stumble. The wind is a stupid excuse, but he should just take it easy. 

But, lets not forget how the media attacked Trump when he didn't walk fast enough down a ramp. Every word misspoken every single detail was blown out of proportion by the media. Why should biden be any different.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Trump isn't president, biden is. I'm sure biden regrets saying what he did. Stay tuned for his first press conference 25 March, more fubbs to follow.

True, but the fact that Trump supporters who overlooked or cheered Trump's dangerous rants and claims are now applying a far higher standard to Biden is worth noting.

When Trump said something dangerous and stupid he was applauded by supporters for "telling it like it is".  When Biden tells it like it is, he is condemned for being undiplomatic. 

Edited by heybruce
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, heybruce said:

True, but the fact that Trump supporters who overlooked or cheered Trump's dangerous rants and claims are now applying a far higher standard to Biden is worth noting.

I heard you the first time. ????

19 hours ago, ICELANDMAN said:

In turn, out of 12 Republican leaders, two — Warren Harding and Gerald Ford 

Sputnik needs to update their information about both Harding & Gerald Ford. You might pin an e mail to them with "Mayaguez incident" Ford, Panama Costa Rica, Harding. Make it so.

As for Biden’s interview comment. How many political opponents or embarrassments has Vladimir, 'Novochok/Polonium', Putin, had killed?! Add to that the bounties on US soldiers in Afghanistan and Biden just said what was on his mind.

No worries, have a bowl a borscht, relax. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, LomSak27 said:

Sputnik needs to update their information about both Harding & Gerald Ford. You might pin an e mail to them with "Mayaguez incident" Ford, Panama Costa Rica, Harding. Make it so.

As for Biden’s interview comment. How many political opponents or embarrassments has Vladimir, 'Novochok/Polonium', Putin, had killed?! Add to that the bounties on US soldiers in Afghanistan and Biden just said what was on his mind.

No worries, have a bowl a borscht, relax. 

Maybe you don't quite understand what Putin meant, when you sends soldiers to the front you are automatically a murderer. And as you can see, there are many honorable killers around the world.

• Sad 1