Foreign tourism: Anutin says 14 day quarantine over, but it remains in some form for now

webfact

8 hours ago, chang1 said:

Whoever you quoted that said "immediately" has a different meaning for it than the rest of us. Vaccines are definitely the best way out and are working better than expected. The problem is getting people to want them after the idiotic goings on in Europe over AZ. I'm glad here in the UK most people can see through all that nonsense. 

Roll on Monday when I get my first Pfizer jab and my father gets his second. 

All true, and the reality is that it will take many months in all countries to get the majority vaccinated. And we all need to remember that the vaccines have been assessed as being effective, but it's all new, there are still many unknowns and everybody is keeping their fingers crossed that the various vaccines do have good effect, and it's quite possible boosters will be needed perhaps every 12 months...

The sooner Thailand gets started the better but it seems as usual chaos seems to be the order of the day (with a PM who is obviously lost) and with way too many gov't people making silly uncoordinated and  uneducated/professional comments about the vaccine and about changes to quarantine stuff.

Edited by scorecard

16 hours ago, Guderian said:

Prayut: "We've got this system in Thailand that has been tried and tested over the last year, and it works very well at keeping the virus under control if infected people arrive from overseas. It's probably already saved thousands, if not tens of thousands of Thai lives, and hundreds of billions, if not trillions of Baht for businesses that would have had to shut down or curtail their activities if there had been a major outbreak. Not only that, but the Thai government has been applauded by governments and health professional around the world for its effective handling of the Covid situation."

Anutin: "Chai krup, it has been a great success, so now I propose that we abandon it and return to our normally stupid and disjointed behaviour by dropping the quarantine requirement for anybody who can buy a piece of paper resembling a vaccination certificate on the internet. What could possibly go wrong?" 

rayut: "We've got this system in Thailand that has been tried and tested over the last year, and it works very well at keeping the virus under control if infected people arrive from overseas. It's probably already saved thousands, if not tens of thousands of Thai lives, and hundreds of billions, if not trillions of Baht for businesses that would have had to shut down or curtail their activities if there had been a major outbreak. Not only that, but the Thai government has been applauded by governments and health professional around the world for its effective handling of the Covid situation."

So the Pm goes back to blame the foreigners.

Plus you seem to forget Mr. PM the many thousands of infections coming from a group of Thais sneaking across the border back to Thailand. And why/how did that happen?  Obviously nobody properly monitoring the border Mr. PM. 

On 3/19/2021 at 9:06 AM, kotsak said:

And the fact that this tool may be the next PM is frightening..

At least he is not an ex soldier and is actually university educated. But the Thai IQ is about 8 or 9% lower than western countries. 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, DogNo1 said:

Not buying imported vaccines between now and the start of local production seems penny wise and pound foolish.  The more quickly Thais can be vaccinated, the more quickly restrictions could be eased.  I'm curious about the reason that the AstraZeneca raw materials can't be supplied until June.  On various international news shows, it is said that the race is on between getting people vaccinated and the development of new and perhaps more dangerous strains of the virus.   It is just possible that within the next three months a strain will emerge that the present vaccines cannot effectively protect against.  I don't know the credence of the existence of new strains in Brazil that can cause second and third infections just as deadly as the present strains.  If those strains were to spread widely, it would be, as they say, a new ballgame.

It would mean that the world might collapse, don't you think?

4 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

At least he is not an ex soldier and is actually university educated. But the Thai IQ is about 8 or 9% lower than western countries. 

You could say that about bass players, but that would be wrong, even if true.

I don’t know what prompted you to say that about Thai people.  How many Farangs are sending cash to married Thai bargirls?

13 hours ago, chang1 said:

Whoever you quoted that said "immediately" has a different meaning for it than the rest of us. Vaccines are definitely the best way out and are working better than expected. The problem is getting people to want them after the idiotic goings on in Europe over AZ. I'm glad here in the UK most people can see through all that nonsense. 

Roll on Monday when I get my first Pfizer jab and my father gets his second. 

They will keep on pushing with the 'variant' narrative that the current vaccines don't work and vaccinated people can still be infectious etc. so there is no way out.

13 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

You could say that about bass players, but that would be wrong, even if true.

I don’t know what prompted you to say that about Thai people.  How many Farangs are sending cash to married Thai bargirls?

Your last sentence, the farangs you are referring to are mostly the ugly overweight guys who cannot score in their own countries, but can pay to try and get their legover here in Thailand.

17 hours ago, thailand49 said:

A bit off topic in spite of the rules being relax I believe one still has to go through the long and painful process of obtaining a C.O.E. although it is mentioned the quarantine is being reduce you are still required to obtain insurance 100,000 USD with age and length of stay especially a year it can run 140,000 baht?

Anyone recently especially from the West Coast U.S. gone through the process and enter Thailand?  What was the length of time it took 1-2 months to go through all the hoops and get in?  Thanks

I went thru that process using the DC Embassy started first week of January. Was on a flight to Thailand 19 January.  Id rather have teeth pulled.  Just as expensive too 

• Thanks 1

Well done Portugal.......joining many other countries now with NO QUARANTINE and also a simple vaccine OR negative PCR test requirement.   

Portugal will welcome British holidaymakers from mid-May, tourist minister says | Reuters

Lots of countries now opening up without any quarantine - well done all of them - and hopefully they get lots of tourists  - whilst those countries insisting on banning people or making them undergo quarantine - remain without tourists !!!!!!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Until and unless there is a change, you have to do 15 day quarantine.

Interesting story in Patya Ml today r quarantine and a graphic in Thai but no translation. I suspect worth a look for those can read/interpret Thai language to English.

On 3/19/2021 at 6:24 PM, joecoolfrog said:

I stick to my forecast that next January , travel to Thailand will be viable.

Methinks most of us will have found another more deserving and understanding country by then, I know for sure that I will have.

one full year of negative Covid testing and two doses of vaccine proves that I do not have it and will not get it so get your act together Thailand, most of us have done all we can to protect you so now show us a little respect for doing it.

One day of quarantine on arrival with one nose and swab + a blood test twelve hours AFTER arrival and a nights sleep will be more than enough

10 hours ago, Janner1 said:

Methinks most of us will have found another more deserving and understanding country by then, I know for sure that I will have.

one full year of negative Covid testing and two doses of vaccine proves that I do not have it and will not get it so get your act together Thailand, most of us have done all we can to protect you so now show us a little respect for doing it.

One day of quarantine on arrival with one nose and swab + a blood test twelve hours AFTER arrival and a nights sleep will be more than enough

TAT seem to think Thailand is such a prize that tourists will jump through hoops to get there.

Not this one !

On 3/20/2021 at 2:51 AM, Bkktodd said:

Really??? So vaccinated means squat ...still have to do 10 nights quarantine. What a lot of bs.  

Vaccines have an efficacy rate of between 60% to 95%

So yes..........you can still catch and carry and spread the virus even if you had the vaccine. 

Over 90% of the worlds population has managed not to catch Covid so far..............thats a 90% effective rate of having no vaccine.

So yes, fully vaccinated you can still have and spread the virus.

So why should someone vaccinated be treated differently to someone not vaccinated ?

• Confused 1

On 3/20/2021 at 11:12 AM, scorecard said:

Interesting story in Patya Ml today r quarantine and a graphic in Thai but no translation. I suspect worth a look for those can read/interpret Thai language to English.

Hi, if you have a smart phone open  Google translate open languages click English / Thai click on the camera hold it over the article and it will translate it for you, just slowly move along the article as you read it, or do it in small stationary sections one or two paragraphs.

21 minutes ago, Janner1 said:

Hi, if you have a smart phone open  Google translate open languages click English / Thai click on the camera hold it over the article and it will translate it for you, just slowly move along the article as you read it, or do it in small stationary sections one or two paragraphs.

Thanks.