State Quarantine Will Be Shortened to 10 Days

rooster59

Paphamon Arayasukawat

cfa654b4950edc132bbfa4812dc64452_small.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT) - State quarantine for both Thai and foreign arrivals will be shortened to 10 days from 14 starting April 1, as part of the government’s plan to reopen the country from Oct 1.

Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) spokesman Dr. Taweesilp Visanuyothin said from April 1 to Sept 30, arrivals without a vaccination certificate (VC) and Covid-19 free certificate (CFC) would be quarantined for 10 days, and be tested for the disease twice.

Arrivals with complete 14-day VCs and CFCs would be quarantined for seven days and tested once. Those with VCs but without CFCs would be tested twice.

He said the 14-day quarantine period would remain in places for arrivals from countries where the Covid-19 virus has mutated, which is a global concern.

From Oct 1, quarantine will not be required for some areas in the country under the condition that that over 70% of health workers in the area have been vaccinated and people who are likely to be in contact with at-risk people have received the vaccine.

nnt.jpg

-- © Copyright NNT 2021-03-21

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, RR2020 said:

In other words........

Within 3 months many countries in the world will be "no quarantine" for all tourists..........all you need is either a vaccine certificate or a negative PCR test.  Nothing more........either of them is ok.

So forget Thailand and spend your time and money in countries that are not Xenophobic.

And where government ministers don't call foreigners "DIRTY".

Thai health minister blames ‘dirty’ Western tourists for country’s coronavirus cases | South China Morning Post (scmp.com)

Most countries are still “xenophobic.”

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

I believe it was something like they have to have had their second jab at least 14 days ago, but not less than 3 months.

Based on the initial proposals before they were ratified, I think it's not less than 14-days and not more than 3 months prior to travel.

1 hour ago, rooster59 said:

He said the 14-day quarantine period would remain in places for arrivals from countries where the Covid-19 virus has mutated, which is a global concern.

Well given that most countries don’t have facilities to test for mutations, how will they know?

Hopefully the UK will not be on the list as I may want to go back in summer to get vaccinated and take care of stuff

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

I hope that what they are proposing actually goes thru and is working.  I want to return to the US to visit, as it has been almost 2 years, get my vaccination there, take care of some family business and then return here before my extension of stay and re-entry permit expire in November, so that I do not need to obtain a new Visa while in the US, and continue to jump through the hoops of ASQ.

My situation is almost exactly the same. Kaiser is ready to give me the shots, but I may have to get something here to even get on a plane to SFO. My Non-O by reason of retirement rolls over in December. I need to do some estate planning in person in CA (because I'm 81 and this is no joke), see grandkids I've never seen in person, ideally do a stopover in Europe on the way back here (though that is probably a dream at this point). And the insurance requirement?

Alternatively I could stay right here in Bangkok till next year. Might not be the worst thing. This town is never going to be so empty or accommodating again.

• Like 2

I already have my vaccine, but they need to approve a list of vaccines after that the 7 day quarantine can start, if no vaccine list it will be 10 days (11days)  +2 tests

17 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

I will be convinced you've "found other places closer and less painful to do long hours of flight" when you actually go and do it.

A total of six of my friends have re-entered Thailand in the past six weeks, three from the UK, two from the US and one from Indonesia. They all commented how easy it was to organize and especially how efficiently they were processed on arrival. No whining, gloomy, Thai-bashing ball ache involved.

I think your friends lived just in hell at their house so every place was great to escape, weird my friends don't have too cozy their prison in Bangkok

• Confused 3