Superpoll: Thais overwhelmingly say open the country to foreign tourism 

webfact

2 hours ago, jaiyen said:

we are keen to get to Thailand but as there are no planes from Perth then its a bit difficult ! Bet that wasn't mentioned in the biased poll !  When will Thai Airways start flying again ? Or will they get sold off ?

Highly unlikely that Thai Airways would attract a buyer with there present management .

2 hours ago, jaiyen said:

we are keen to get to Thailand but as there are no planes from Perth then its a bit difficult ! Bet that wasn't mentioned in the biased poll !  When will Thai Airways start flying again ? Or will they get sold off ?

You might be in for a  wait, noticed  THAI advertising business  class fares to Paris the other day at 67000baht ONE WAY as a special offer????, more than what I paid for a Business  class return to the same place on Air  France. They might need to improve their restructuring somewhat.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Also more than 90% of the population felt that Thais have the vaccine now and know how to live with the consequences of Covid and have the health personnel to cope. 

What Planet do these people in these so called " Polls " live on

They wanted to see foreign governments not siding with the "mob" but promoting the opening of the country and economy

Interesting video on YT on this by an American who believes US interests are stirring up the pot here with supporting the riots/protests. Wouldn't surprise me in the least..

The support for an open door policy came in a "Superpoll" survey conducted among 1,600 respondents from all backgrounds from 17th to 20th of March.

So 1,600 can voice the opinion of 90% of the population... yeah okay.

Last I heard from most of the Thais I know, they are all waiting for their inoculations BEFORE they want to see any foreigners near them.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, AlfHuy said:

Survey was done with hotel owners, shopping mall owners, private hospital owners, massage ladies, entertainment girls.

All agreed: let them in and spend their money.

And taxi/tuktuk drivers.

• Haha 1

Finally they are seeing thru the govt and media fear and loathing campaign, proper 2nd wave slowly being reigned in and the sky hasn't fallen in...

There are multiple commonsense measures that can help facilitate the return of OS traveller's.

Momentum is gathering now, and it'll be the peer pressure of their competitor neighbors like Vietnam beating them to the punch that'll get them off there <deleted> and rolling out the welcome mat

"Also more than 90% of the population felt that Thais have the vaccine now and know how to live with the consequences of Covid"

LOL!! The only Thais that have the vaccine are in the government! This kind of comment shows how brainwashed they are.

Yeah, you know it's a totally fair and unbiased poll when the results come back at over 90%. Oh, are these the same people who provide custom results for the government on request? Why how utterly shocking...????

1 minute ago, JCauto said:

Yeah, you know it's a totally fair and unbiased poll when the results come back at over 90%. Oh, are these the same people who provide custom results for the government on request? Why how utterly shocking...????

Ha....The Daily Express does this all the time.......Shock headline....."Poll finds Tories are the best thing since slice bread"........(from a a poll of Daily Express readers between 10am and 10 pm yesterday).

• Like 1

7 hours ago, grantbkk said:

Dear PM and Minister that is not a doctor in charge of Health.

When can I go to the hospital and pay my fair share and become vaccinated?

In Ireland (Not North) they are vaccinating the over 75’s now .. They must be on to the over 21’s in Thailand then .. Did they dilute the 500k units they bought off China ..  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, A Los for words said:

It's really super...less that 0.23% of the population.  I'm no statistician, but I think that's an unrepresentative sample.

Not saying for a minute this is an accurate poll but you would be surprised how low a number of pollsters you need to get a fairly accurate representation.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I personally only know ONE person who has been vaccinated, a senior doctor friend who as a major hospital director was told he had to take the Chinese vaccine, Sinovac, to set an example for his staff.  He said he would have preferred a different vaccine, but he had no choice.  When are vaccines going to be available to the general public, and more importantly, when are more trustworthy and effective vaccines like Pfizer and Moderna going to be available?

7 hours ago, webfact said:

More than 90% of the population of Thailand want to see the country opened up to foreign tourists.

A month ago it was 180 degrees different.  Sounds like the news media has been given marching orders by the TAT and other officials to start spreading Hopium. 

I asked my wife about this.  Her take is the same take she has had since foreigners were locked out.  Thais in general (including her) don't want to see the borders reopened until Covid has been declared eradicated and the "pandemic" is officially declared as ended.  So, I'm just going to call "bunk" on that poll. 

Yeah, Lies, Da*med lies, and Statistics.

Thailand shouldn't open up until dual pricing is stoped. Thai people have to pay and the punishment have to feel for them. Thai people now just want Thailand to open so they can scam more foreigners.

I is good that Thailand is closed so the economy is getting a big hit and also so that Thai people learns a lession not to scam foreigners. But, I think Thailand can be close at least another year so the impact and lession is hard and good enough. Right now, it's not enough yet.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, gunderhill said:

You might be in for a  wait, noticed  THAI advertising business  class fares to Paris the other day at 67000baht ONE WAY as a special offer????, more than what I paid for a Business  class return to the same place on Air  France. They might need to improve their restructuring somewhat.

And I paid around 60k baht for business class with Qatar and their standard is 2-3 above Thai air ????????????

Oh wow look at reality sinking into the brain matter.

Make no mistake, there will be far less tourism than any Thai could ever hope for this year too.  The pain has only just started.

Vaccines will help, or I hope it will.

Good luck - we all need it.

• Like 1