Superpoll: Thais overwhelmingly say open the country to foreign tourism 

webfact

6 minutes ago, EricTh said:

1600 isn't representative of anything. It should be at least 100,000 voters.

They have voters in Thailand, well that's news to me.  The Junta seems to do what they want, and voters be damned. 

11 hours ago, AlfHuy said:

Survey was done with hotel owners, shopping mall owners, private hospital owners, massage ladies, entertainment girls.

All agreed: let them in and spend their money.

Why not go back to how it was done in all those years of financial success. What more proof do they want.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Surelynot said:

Hardly surprising result......many Thais must be on their knees by now.........how about a radical change in some of the tax structures to boost the economy........pointless having taxes so high that ordinary Thais cannot even buy certain products without the purchase having such a significant impact on their lives......... the current tax structure does nothing but feed the government and its Army of Generals.....it is not geared to promote the economy or help ordinary Thais

Now why would the Generals wish for this.

5 hours ago, Surelynot said:

Ha....The Daily Express does this all the time.......Shock headline....."Poll finds Tories are the best thing since slice bread"........(from a a poll of Daily Express readers between 10am and 10 pm yesterday).

Who cares about the Daily  Express.

4 hours ago, DjSilver said:

Thailand shouldn't open up until dual pricing is stoped. Thai people have to pay and the punishment have to feel for them. Thai people now just want Thailand to open so they can scam more foreigners.

I is good that Thailand is closed so the economy is getting a big hit and also so that Thai people learns a lession not to scam foreigners. But, I think Thailand can be close at least another year so the impact and lession is hard and good enough. Right now, it's not enough yet.

To hell with double pricing, just don't use it, they will soon learn.

4 hours ago, Blumpie said:

Oh wow look at reality sinking into the brain matter.

Make no mistake, there will be far less tourism than any Thai could ever hope for this year too.  The pain has only just started.

Vaccines will help, or I hope it will.

Good luck - we all need it.

What about people who cannot have the vaccine, this would be discrimitory.

8 hours ago, graym said:

A superpoll of 1600...

If you survey 1600 truly random people out of a population of 60 million, you have a 99% chance of being within 4% of the right answer- as if you'd surveyed all 60 million.

That's the nature of statistical analysis.

Whether they actually asked 1600 random (and real) people, that's another question...

https://www.surveymonkey.com/mp/sample-size-calculator/

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Huckenfell said:

What about people who cannot have the vaccine, this would be discrimitory.

Do you think this Government doesn't discriminate???? on a daily basis.....????.  I believe they just could care less.  It is their way or the highway.

• Like 1

Irrespective of what the Thai government say about opening the country, at the present time no holiday travel is permitted from the UK, and that will be the case until mid May. After which the rules that govern any holiday travel will be put in place. Current predictions are travel will only be permitted to countries of similar risk. i.e. similar rates of vacination, and with a Vacine Passport.

It is only a prediction at present.

6 hours ago, dogfish180 said:

"Also more than 90% of the population felt that Thais have the vaccine now and know how to live with the consequences of Covid"

LOL!! The only Thais that have the vaccine are in the government! This kind of comment shows how brainwashed they are.

Yes so far only around 30 000 thais have been vaccinated on a population of 70 millions

everyone can find this information, including in Thailand, with few minutes of searching on internet

Obviously they have managed to find 1600 sort of robots without even half of a brain for this ''survey''

13 hours ago, LivinLOS said:

Actually not at all. Somehow the ultra yellow monarchists are blaming the burmese for thier trouble, saying this is what comes of getting rid of your monarchy, etc etc and is totally blind to the Tatmadaw being an unelected brutal force on its citizens.. Its a rabbit hold of blind idiocy in fact. 

but but but the Chinese got rid of their monarchy, and they are perfect. I know the Chinese tried to lend their monarch to the Japanese for a while, but that didn't turn out well either....

Only 13% of the economy is based on Tourism.

I would like to hear some opinions on opening up manufacturing . Those jobs put money in Thai pockets as well.

And what about the millions of "up-country" farmers who seldom see a farang. They rely on selling their sugar cane and casava but only get a pittance of the pie. 

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, SiSePuede419 said:

10 days, 14 days...does it matter?  No one wants to watch TV inside a hotel.

Only when there's no quarantine will there be an influx of visitors.

I agree that for the average tourist, any quarantine at all will put them off but the story on Thaivisa last week qouted Anutin as saying 7 days.  That may stop tourists but for me, it would make a visit to my wife possible.  I'm probably not alone so there will be a few that will benefit from reduced quarantine.

It also matters to my wife who's already done one 15 day quarantine and is not looking forward to doing it again.

Edited by KhaoYai
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, webfact said:

More than 90% of the population of Thailand want to see the country opened up to foreign tourists.

2 months ago 90% said they wanted the borders to remain closed... who to believe?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Wiggy said:

And suddenly the Thais like us again. Lol.

Never Forget WHY this is.......Hello Teerak! I missed u sooo much!....My family too.....

My heart was broken, buffalo velly sick....I hope you can "take care", then I will love* you too mutt.

*Love option is only available after payment clears and VAT tax applies....cash money is preferred,  SuperLove upgrade available.

22 hours ago, Shuya said:

Amazing how this company always delivers exactly what the government want to hear. 

Quite right. It's called "selective polling", i.e. only approaching respondents of whom you can be reasonably certain that they will give you the answers you want to hear. It's a time-honored technique routinely used by the propaganda machines of authoritarian governments all over the world.

I am sure you still recall that only a month ago that very same Superpoll "found out" that almost 90% of the Thais were AGAINST opening the country to tourism -- because that was the result that fit the government's strategy at the time.

20 hours ago, jaiyen said:

we are keen to get to Thailand but as there are no planes from Perth then its a bit difficult ! Bet that wasn't mentioned in the biased poll !  When will Thai Airways start flying again ? Or will they get sold off ?

And why are there no planes from Perth? Cos that rooster Mcgowan keeps locking the joint down. If yoy want to go to Thailand fly over east.  OOo so difficult. 

I'm due back to work mid April so I'm flying to Brissie this week doing my quarantine there then flying back over West . Things are only as difficult as you want them to be.

If your issue is that you don't want to go to Thailand until Thai Airways is flying to Perth again you'll  be waiting awhile. 

How is that Thailand's problem that you currently live in the most restricted state possibly in the world? 

Or better yet what about all the people that live in places that have never had direct flights to Thailand do they just not go?

what ridiculous comment 

Edited by starky

12 hours ago, SiSePuede419 said:

10 days, 14 days...does it matter?  No one wants to watch TV inside a hotel.

Only when there's no quarantine will there be an influx of visitors.

Are you sure about that? What about the $100.000 insurance scam, and other pocket fillers?

Visa and PCR test required travel worldwide with fixed inbound and outbound numbers for each country.  Visa fees to be set accordingly to limit travel demand.  Every country gets their tourism fix without all the collateral damage.   Bring back the golden age of travel...